Mrs America Scandal

Mary Hartman

Ha,

This is the most pathetic bunch of belly aches I've ever seen in my life :soapbox: This shit makes me mad as a wet hornet. First off it was this twirp with the loud mouth who pumped the media with his shit to make her feel bad because she likes men and marriage. This is the most obvious case of reverse discrimination. I mean come on now is that "twirp" unhappy he cannot have enough surgery to have babies? Look like her? She said what she was thinking and stood up for what she felt and he got mad over it.

Go find your buddy and tell him while your passing the toys. They made her cry and that is NOT COOL.

Trump. Good call, I'm pro gay rights but this just takes the cake. She is our spokesperson for a year.

DEAL

Edited by Mary Hartman

Mrs. America? That's an entirely different pageant than the one that this is actually about.

I stand corrected :D

It's Miss California U.S.A.

Exclusive: Donald Trump Breaks Silence on Miss California's Gay Marriage Comments

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517599,00.html

Edited by Mary Hartman

I stand corrected :D

It's Miss California U.S.A.

Exclusive: Donald Trump Breaks Silence on Miss California's Gay Marriage Comments

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517599,00.html

Miss Prejean came out of this with far more opportunities than she would have had the little worm asked her a question about anything else.

This affair also gave us further insight into the spectacular idiocy and meanness of "humans" like Keith Olbermann and the rest of the filth at MSNBC. I've seen more than a few comments from people on the left who were disgusted by the smearmongering at that "news" channel.

Ha,

This is the most pathetic bunch of belly aches I've ever seen in my life :soapbox: This shit makes me mad as a wet hornet. First off it was this twirp with the loud mouth who pumped the media with his shit to make her feel bad because she likes men and marriage. This is the most obvious case of reverse discrimination. I mean come on now is that "twirp" unhappy he cannot have enough surgery to have babies? Look like her? She said what she was thinking and stood up for what she felt and he got mad over it.

Go find your buddy and tell him while your passing the toys. They made her cry and that is NOT COOL.

Trump. Good call, I'm pro gay rights but this just takes the cake. She is our spokesperson for a year.

DEAL

What's interesting about what she said, for me, is that she said:

"I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised"

I always find that a somewhat pathetic thing to say "That's how I was raised", because it implies that she can't decide the issue for herself and has to rely on what has been taught to her.

It's one thing to say "I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman" but to tack on the end "that's how I was raised", she may as well say instead "Because I don't have the intellectual conscience to arrive at my own decision"

But, ha, then again, this is the Miss America pageant we're talking about here. The thing that occupies the majority of these girls' time is how to walk in stilettos and smile at the same, and making sure their swim suit stays stuck perfectly to their body.

She was not going to win the pageant anyways. So it didn't really cost her. But it's good karma. If she has a problem with gays getting married then she has some sort of problem with gay people. It's a shame she thinks the way she does.

So she was raised to think gay marriage is wrong but she wasn't raised to think breast implants were wrong or posing for suggestive photos without wearing much were wrong. Very interesting. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If she has a problem with gays getting married then she has some sort of problem with gay people. It's a shame she thinks the way she does.

So she was raised to think gay marriage is wrong but she wasn't raised to think breast implants were wrong or posing for suggestive photos without wearing much were wrong. Very interesting. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good observation, lol.

She was not going to win the pageant anyways. So it didn't really cost her. But it's good karma. If she has a problem with gays getting married then she has some sort of problem with gay people. It's a shame she thinks the way she does.

Well, here's some advice for any aspiring Miss America:

"Having an opinion is fine, just don't let it get in the way of your tits..."

Simply because you don't want the government redefining the word "marriage" doesn't mean you care to interfere in how gays choose to live. Marriage has a specific meaning, i.e. man + woman. It's a sacred institution that the government didn't create, and therefore should take upon itself the task of redefining.

As for breast implants, posing sem-nude (like in a bikini), blah blah blah, those things are of course completely....actually ridiculously irrelevant toward her comments about marriage. Not surprisingly it didn't stop the left wing talking heads from using them to hatefully smear her for daring to defy their view of how the world should be (where are their criticisms of St. Barack Obama, who has essentially the same position...hypocrisy perhaps?)

Anyhoo, I think perhaps the ideal solution for all this is to call all unions, straight and gay, "civil unions". Take the term "marriage" off the law books completely. Marriage is a private matter and should be conferred upon people by their church, synogogue, or whatever secular institution they see fit. It is entirely possible for marriage to exist without the government having any say in the matter.

This affair also gave us further insight into the spectacular idiocy and meanness of "humans" like Keith Olbermann and the rest of the filth at MSNBC. I've seen more than a few comments from people on the left who were disgusted by the smearmongering at that "news" channel.

MSNBC is infinitely more blatantly biased to the left than FOX EVER could be to the right.

It's disgusting, and Kieth Olbermann is a flaming prick.

He moves from SportsCenter to MSNBC and suddenly his opinion means something? lulz

Good observation, lol.

Not really. There's a huge difference between being against gay marriage and getting breast implants and posing for semi-nude photos.

The latter two are not ignorant, backwards and stunted. The first one is. I don't care that she has fake tits or was partially topless in a photo. If you got it, flaunt it. I do care that she exposed her ignorance on national TV and now is complaining that people aren't appreciative of that.

Not really. There's a huge difference between being against gay marriage and getting breast implants and posing for semi-nude photos.

The latter two are not ignorant, backwards and stunted. The first one is. I don't care that she has fake tits or was partially topless in a photo. If you got it, flaunt it. I do care that she exposed her ignorance on national TV and now is complaining that people aren't appreciative of that.

My point was what i thought Spats was saying. Something about her morals. I certainly don't care if she has implants (no idea if that's even true) it's just the superficial nature of it, to me. Any woman who thinks surgically placing foreign objects in her body for the look of it is a good idea, is shallow in my book. I consider her stand on gay marriage just as shallow.

And also the terms "divorce", "alimony", and "child support".

Yeah, right. :sarcastic smiley:

Well considering the fact that divorce, alimony, and child support aren't sacred (divorce is actually considered by some to be a sacrilege), you can leave those in.

Well considering the fact that divorce, alimony, and child support aren't sacred (divorce is actually considered by some to be a sacrilege), you can leave those in.

Neither is marriage. Marriages end all the time, every day. Right at this minute someone is getting divorced. Hell, there is cheating going on in marriages all the time. Marriage is sacred my ass. Maybe back in the old days but not now.

Edited by spats

My point was what i thought Spats was saying. Something about her morals. I certainly don't care if she has implants (no idea if that's even true) it's just the superficial nature of it, to me. Any woman who thinks surgically placing foreign objects in her body for the look of it is a good idea, is shallow in my book. I consider her stand on gay marriage just as shallow.

It is true, the Miss USA foundation paid for her to get implants.

Some women get cosmetic surgery to make themselves feel good and give them a shot of self-esteem. Some women get cosmetic surgery strictly for other people. One is shallow IMO, the other isn't. That said, I don't care why you do it, I don't think it has squat to do with your morals. If you want to put sandwich bags full of salt water in your chest, go for it. It's not my body, it's yours.

Same goes with posing for semi-nude or even nude photos. If you think you have the body and the confidence to pull it off, I applaud you.....I certainly don't.

There is absolutely nothing ignorant, backwards or stunted in recogning that "marriage" is a sacred institution with a specific meaning. It's a fact. The cultural left wanting to co-opt the term has nothing to do with equal rights (you get those with civil unions) and everything to do with their wanting to improperly use the government to symbolically rebuke Judeo-Christian tradition.

This entire issue involving Miss Prejean has been a public relations disaster for those who want the government to redefine marriage. While she was calm and dignified in responding to the most rancid personal attacks imaginable (FOR HAVING THE SAME POSITION AS SUPERBIGOTED HILLARY CLINTON, JOE BIDEN, JOHN KERRY, AND LAST BUT NOT LEASt, KING BIGOT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA /sarcasm), the cultural left foamed at the mouth and acted like frustrated, vulgar juveniles. Simply put, they showed no class and lost face.

Neither is marriage. Marriages end all the time, every day. Right at this minute someone is getting divorced. Hell, there is cheating going on in marriages all the time. Marriage is sacred my ass. Maybe back in the old days but not now.

The term IS sacred, albeit what certain people do with it might not be.

Barack Obama's personal opinion, while I don't agree with it, is different from Ms. Prejeans in that he said it was up to the states to decide (which is true) and that he would at no time block any federal legislation legalizing it.

So his personal views would not interfere with the execution of the law. Which is his fucking job. The minute he says that because he personally feels a certain way, he will have Congress enact legislation that fits it, THAT is when I'll have a problem.

That is the difference between the two situations.

Some women get cosmetic surgery to make themselves feel good and give them a shot of self-esteem. Some women get cosmetic surgery strictly for other people. One is shallow IMO, the other isn't. That said, I don't care why you do it, I don't think it has squat to do with your morals. If you want to put sandwich bags full of salt water in your chest, go for it. It's not my body, it's yours.

Same goes with posing for semi-nude or even nude photos. If you think you have the body and the confidence to pull it off, I applaud you.....I certainly don't.

Well my opinion of the entire Miss America institution has just dropped a notch, lol, knowing they paid for the implants. (Okay seriously, my opinion of them wasn't that high to start). I also don't care what other women (unless it's my own daughter) do with their bodies. A good friend of mine had implants placed (this goes back to 1985) and i didn't think much of it. But to me, this type of role model is shallow. Miss America is a role model. I also think that Miss America contestants should be natural. If they are being judged mostly on beauty, why shouldn't they be judged by how they truly look, not how surgery has made them look. I'll allow the make-up because we know without it, most of them wouldn't be show stoppers. We are talking about young women here, not 40 somethings who may need a little cosmetic help (no offense to anyone over 40, me included).

I am looking at this more from the stand point of a mom with a beautiful daughter. I do not want her to grow up thinking using your body is the way to achieve things in life. I want her to use her intelligent mind to become someone successful in a meaningful way. Of course, this is all my hope and dream. But i will try my best to nurture her to be someone who has self esteem because of her inner beauty, and not feel she needs to show off her outer beauty in a provocative way.

Self esteem is something you should feel from the inside, not from the way you look. I'm not saying people don't feel better about themselves when they look good. I'm saying i don't believe you can achieve good self esteem just by how you look. It's deeper than that. If you don't love yourself then all the cosmetic surgery in the world won't make you. Look at how miserable Marilyn Monroe was on the inside for example.

Posing for any kind of pictures is a choice some women make. It's a shallow profession (though most probably enter into it for the money, of course). I don't find they are contributing much to society myself. I would prefer to see more of these women out there trying to make positive change in the world.

I think this story is overrated much the way Obama and the bow was. :)

Barack Obama's personal opinion, while I don't agree with it, is different from Ms. Prejeans in that he said it was up to the states to decide (which is true) and that he would at no time block any federal legislation legalizing it.

So his personal views would not interfere with the execution of the law. Which is his fucking job. The minute he says that because he personally feels a certain way, he will have Congress enact legislation that fits it, THAT is when I'll have a problem.

That is the difference between the two situations.

So Miss Prejean has stated that she opposes the ability of the states to decide the issue? Are you sure about that?

Tangerine, Miss America is not the same as Miss USA. They are two separate pageants.

So Miss Prejean has stated that she opposes the ability of the states to decide the issue? Are you sure about that?

Nope, and that's not what I said.

I'm saying that Obama's personal opinion has nothing to do with this whatsoever because his personal opinion, per his own words, will not affect his ability to do his job - executing the law. I don't know why people keep bringing it up, this isn't like Dubya getting up there and shitting his pants, talking about crafting a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage.

Also, while Obama may not personally agree with gay marriage (just like Biden as a Catholic, doesn't agree with abortion) he understands that the will of the people override what he thinks. He can separate what he thinks from what he does. She can't.

Edited by Electrophile

Tangerine, Miss America is not the same as Miss USA. They are two separate pageants.

Is Miss America a smutty version of Miss U.S.A.? I guess i need to google this to see what i'm misinformed on. I may not have realized there is more than one "Miss" pagent. You get my point of what i am saying i think anyway.

Unless one stops to consider that 20 years later when the implants may have leaked fibers into the body tissue they may cause fibromyalgia, which could require additional medical treatment possibly affecting the health insurance rates that everyone will pay.

November/December 2001

Fibromyalgia and Ruptured Silicone Gel Breast Implants

Women whose silicone breast implants have ruptured and spread silicone gel beyond the fibrous scar that forms around the implant may be at increased risk for fibromyalgia, an FDA study indicates.

FDA researchers asked 344 women with silicone gel implants if they had experienced persistent joint pain, swelling or stiffness; rash on their breasts or chest; or fatigue. Those in the study also were asked whether a physician had diagnosed them with Raynaud's disease, Sjögren's syndrome, scleroderma, chronic fatigue, or fibromyalgia--a chronic condition marked by fatigue, musculoskeletal aches and sleep disturbances.

The women also had a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examination to detect whether their implants were intact or ruptured, and whether silicone gel had leaked outside of the scar tissue immediately surrounding the implant.

The study found that women with a ruptured implant in which the silicone hadn't leaked beyond the scar tissue were no more likely than women with intact implants to report that they had either the persistent symptoms or diagnosed illnesses listed on the questionnaire.

However, the women with silicone gel that had migrated outside the fibrous scar around the implant were nearly three times more likely to report that they had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia or other connective tissue disease than women without extracapsular silicone gel.

breastimplantinfo.org

Women with silicone breast implants often develop serious autoimmune disorders such as lupus and scleroderma. Fibromyalgia, a painful connective tissue disorder, is also common in women with silicone breast implants. Most women think that their implants are permanent, but both silicone and saline implants frequently rupture, leak, and cause other complications. Many women have to undergo several painful, costly, and debilitating corrective surgeries to address these problems.

now.org/issues/health/060104settlement

poisonedbeauty.com/MyStory

Edited by eternal light

Unless one stops to consider that 20 years later when the implants have leaked fibers into the body tissue they will cause fibromyalgia, which will require additional medical treatment possibly affecting the health insurance rates that everyone will pay.

I think it was on Bret Micheals "Rock of Love Bus" one of the girls popped her fake boob, lol... had to get it removed ASAP! With the way some men are in the sack, i would think this would occur quite a bit :) I think you may have helped make my point about "shallowness". The fake boob may not last as long as the gay marriage :)