Early Fleetwood Mac......

zosodude13

I've been going back to more blues based rock and straight up blues in recent months, after I spent a long time exploring the world of prog and jazz fusion (which I still kinda am).

But, among finding John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, re-listening to Cream and learning about John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, I noticed in a "related artists" section under the Bluesbreakers. And among the "related artists" was Fleetwood Mac, which took me by surprise considering I knew Fleetwood Mac as a top line soft rock band along the lines of Elton John and Carole King's Tapestry. But I did some research and some listening and really appreciated what Peter Green brought to the band and the hard edge British blues they produced as a band. And was taken aback when I started to listen to the original "Black Magic Woman" and how loud and hard rock "The Green Manalishi" was for 1970.

some links for anyone who is interested....

The Green Manalishi

Black Magic Woman (Live by Fleetwood Mac)

You really hear the blues and see how Santana used the Latin fusion influence on top of the sweaty blues to make a brilliant cover of the song

I've been going back to more blues based rock and straight up blues in recent months, after I spent a long time exploring the world of prog and jazz fusion (which I still kinda am).

But, among finding John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, re-listening to Cream and learning about John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, I noticed in a "related artists" section under the Bluesbreakers. And among the "related artists" was Fleetwood Mac, which took me by surprise considering I knew Fleetwood Mac as a top line soft rock band along the lines of Elton John and Carole King's Tapestry. But I did some research and some listening and really appreciated what Peter Green brought to the band and the hard edge British blues they produced as a band. And was taken aback when I started to listen to the original "Black Magic Woman" and how loud and hard rock "The Green Manalishi" was for 1970.

The Green Manalishi

You really hear the blues and see how Santana used the Latin fusion influence on top of the sweaty blues to make a brilliant cover of the song

check out this thread already in progress, it has everything you want to disuss by some very knowledgeable people:forum link

check out this thread already in progress, it has everything you want to disuss by some very knowledgeable people:forum link

Well done Beatbo mate, i dont appear on the link untill the 6th page, dont know how i missed this one as i was born, what, 2 hundred yards from where Peter Green lived, and i used the road where his flat was for about 10 years without ever knowing.

Antenor01.jpg

Antenor02.jpg

Antenor03.jpg

This is the flat where Peter Green lived as a child, its on Old Bethnal Green Rd London E2, but dont bother to go around to see if his in, his familt relocated a very long time ago. ;)

Thanks again Beatbo, and i'll leave ZepFanForever to keep going with his great knowledge on the subject, it seems i'm just the Photographer anyways. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Well done Beatbo mate, i dont appear on the link untill the 6th page, dont know how i missed this one as i was born, what, 2 hundred yards from where Peter Green lived, and i used the road where his flat was for about 10 years without ever knowing.

Antenor01.jpg

Antenor02.jpg

Antenor03.jpg

This is the flat where Peter Green lived as a child, its on Old Bethnal Green Rd London E2, but dont bother to go around to see if his in, his familt relocated a very long time ago. ;)

Thanks again Beatbo, and i'll leave ZepFanForever to keep going with his great knowledge on the subject, it seems i'm just the Photographer anyways. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

zepfanforever is here in biloxi, we went to see a band last night at a local wine cellar, he'll be here later today to post from my desk...

beat

The Green Manalishi

How's it going "Zosodude13?" This is ZeppFanForever using "beatbo's" computer at his house in Biloxi, Mississippi. Its feels great conversing with someone that loves listening to PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC like myself other than "beatbo" and "Swede!" I hope that you read my thread on PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC, you should really enjoy the information that I wrote about PETER GREEN. Please let me know what you think about it, I am looking to your response. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

The Green Manalishi

How's it going "Zosodude13?" At last, I'm using my own user ID here at "beatbo's" house. When you think about it "Zosodude13," PETER GREEN was without a doubt, the greatest guitarist that England ever produced up to 1970! Then again, PETER GREEN would even have to rank in the Top 20 All-time greatest guitarists ever! When you listen to JOHN MAYALL'S song entitled "Supernatural," you will know EXACTLY where SANTANA got his trademark sound from! It is from none other than MR. PETER GREEN! PETER GREEN'S sound is even evident in MICK TAYLOR, he would take the PETER GREEN sound into THE ROLLING STONES and give the band its greatest sound ever! The 1969 Tour proves that! Maybe now, many Rock n' Roll fanatics are really starting to become very curious about PETER GREEN and his accomplishments and achievements during the 1967-1970 FLEETWOOD MAC period. People would be very surprised when they hear the FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BOSTON TEA PARTY PARTS 1, 2 & 3, people would swear that these concerts may very well be three of the ALL-TIME greatest concerts ever recorded! I am looking forward to conversing with you further on PETER GREEN when I get back home tomorrow. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko::lol:

well, beatbo/zeppfanforever

I really like what I've heard even if it is limited to a few songs on youtube and one live album I have. The way I see it, Peter Green gives Clapton a run for his money as the greatest blues guitarist to come out of the late 60's and early 70's in England. The difference I see is while Clapton's guitar is more sculpted and refined, Peter Green's guitar is so raw and, like I said earlier, it is a sweaty form of blues.

I don't have any John Mayall albums, but his reputation proceeds him and I have rave reviews about the work he does with the Bluesbreakers. I would love to hear them, but I'm budgeting myself with college and everything. But I'll definitely put the John Mayall/Bluesbreakers and more Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac on the top of my list!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko::lol:

well, beatbo/zeppfanforever

I really like what I've heard even if it is limited to a few songs on youtube and one live album I have. The way I see it, Peter Green gives Clapton a run for his money as the greatest blues guitarist to come out of the late 60's and early 70's in England. The difference I see is while Clapton's guitar is more sculpted and refined, Peter Green's guitar is so raw and, like I said earlier, it is a sweaty form of blues.

I don't have any John Mayall albums, but his reputation proceeds him and I have rave reviews about the work he does with the Bluesbreakers. I would love to hear them, but I'm budgeting myself with college and everything. But I'll definitely put the John Mayall/Bluesbreakers and more Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac on the top of my list!

How's it going "Zosodude13?" You do know your music don't you? I feel for you since I know that budgeting your way through college can be extremely difficult at times. However, I feel confident that you will make it through. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

That's really weird, it's like beatbo talking in ZFF's voice. :lol:

Hope you guys are having a good time. :)

How's it going "Aquamarine?" I admit, I was even getting confused there for a moment. I had fun hanging out with "beatbo" in Biloxi, he took me to some different bars including one that ELVIS PRESLEY hung out at. All in all, I had a great time! Thanks for asking "Aquamarine." ROCK ON!

How's it going "Zosodude13?" You do know your music don't you? I feel for you since I know that budgeting your way through college can be extremely difficult at times. However, I feel confident that you will make it through. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

hey zeppfanforever

yeah, its been a rough year to be in college. It's only community college, but not having a consistent job and the economy have really stressed my financial situation and musical exploration. However, I have seen some potential in local libraries, so we'll see what they have to offer with 'free' music.

I appreciate the kind words! and of course, I will rock on

hey zeppfanforever

yeah, its been a rough year to be in college. It's only community college, but not having a consistent job and the economy have really stressed my financial situation and musical exploration. However, I have seen some potential in local libraries, so we'll see what they have to offer with 'free' music.

I appreciate the kind words! and of course, I will rock on

How's it going "zosodude13?" I hope all is well with you and you accomplish your academic goals in college while doing your best in resolving your financial situation. I've been there before too my friend, so I really know where you are coming from. The economy has been stressful and hasn't been easy for many of us but we will all get through it. Just hang in there "zosodude13," there is light at the end of the tunnel. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Archived