Solo DVD's

ledrim

I find it quite frustrating that Jimmy, Robert and JPJ have not released any official concert or compiliation DVD of their solo projects.

There are so many amazing live moments that have never surfaced in an authorized production and you have to wonder why this is so.

I find it quite frustrating that Jimmy, Robert and JPJ have not released any official concert or compiliation DVD of their solo projects.

There are so many amazing live moments that have never surfaced in an authorized production and you have to wonder why this is so.

While it's not a live performance, the Nine Lives box set does include a DVD. There's also a Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation DVD of their performance on PBS' Soundstage.

51GWSG78D8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

There was also Plant footage from a festival (it didn't say which one oddly) on TV a couple of years back. I'd guess the festival was in '06. It was on Virgin 1 a somewhat obscure channel anyway. It was high quality pro filmed stuff but no sign of a release anywhere.

There was also Plant footage from a festival (it didn't say which one oddly) on TV a couple of years back. I'd guess the festival was in '06. It was on Virgin 1 a somewhat obscure channel anyway. It was high quality pro filmed stuff but no sign of a release anywhere.

Cornbury maybe?

There's a Robert Plant Soundstage DVD.

While it's not a live performance, the Nine Lives box set does include a DVD. There's also a Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation DVD of their performance on PBS' Soundstage.

51GWSG78D8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

thanks sam, i didn't know about this one. where can i get it ( i'm in australia), and why doesn't jimmy get a credit on the cover?

I would check amazon.com or ebay sometimes has them for sale. Jimmy was a guest during Robert's performance, not scheduled to be there, which would be my guess as to why he's not credited on the cover :)

I would check amazon.com or ebay sometimes has them for sale. Jimmy was a guest during Robert's performance, not scheduled to be there, which would be my guess as to why he's not credited on the cover :)

I thought so, too. He was not really a performer there, just guested on a three songs jamming.

I've never seen that - thanks Sam :D

I've seen this. It was an interesting event and JPJ was very humble. He just came up and said(I don't remember it word for word though):"Err, hello, my name is John Paul Jones, I play this and this and this and... and I played in Led Zeppelin".

Imagine the looks on other people's face. :lol:

I've seen this. It was an interesting event and JPJ was very humble. He just came up and said(I don't remember it word for word though):"Err, hello, my name is John Paul Jones, I play this and this and this and... and I played in Led Zeppelin".

Imagine the looks on other people's face. :lol:

I can imagine their looks :lol:

Archived