Gene Simmons Family Jewels

Deborah J

Hi Deborah:

Yes..I watch the show.. Shannon is from B.C. The kids are part Canadian. I watch to ensure Gene is treatin' them right. so far, he is!!!!

I think they should do an eposide where they bring Sophie and Nick (the kids) to Canada. They could visit Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Niagara Falls and/or the East Coast, as well as, a rural place...I think it would be very educational for the kids to visit their mother's homeland.

They could add their own humour in their great Canadian adventures,eh?

Juliet :coffee:

My daughter puts it on all the time. At first I thought god no I don't

want to watch this, but after watching it the first time I liked it.

Gene is really funny and his son is cute.

I got my Dad watching it too. :D

Hi Deborah:

Yes..I watch the show.. Shannon is from B.C. The kids are part Canadian. I watch to ensure Gene is treatin' them right. so far, he is!!!!

I think they should do an eposide where they bring Sophie and Nick (the kids) to Canada. They could visit Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Niagara Falls and/or the East Coast, as well as, a rural place...I think it would be very educational for the kids to visit their mother's homeland.

They could add their own humour in their great Canadian adventures,eh?

They actually diod an episode wher gene bought Shannon a house ion Canada...and just as Gene and Shannon thought they would have some private time, the previous owners had rented the house for a week to the same people for years---they showed up and the humor began!!

The episode they did recently where Gene & Nick go to Nashville was great- Nick guest vocals w/ a local blues band & he did pretty good, had sort of a Morrison vibe going. (and yes, he is cute too!)

They had another episode too where Gene is in NYC & calls his mom to see if she would like to come in & have dinner w/ him but she says no, come out here. Now I know from past episodes that his mom lives on Long Island, but I ddin't realize that she must live pretty close to me, as they showed them at a firehouse that I drive past every day! I'm surprised I didn't see them filming it or at least hear about them filming it in the local paper.

They actually diod an episode wher gene bought Shannon a house ion Canada...and just as Gene and Shannon thought they would have some private time, the previous owners had rented the house for a week to the same people for years---they showed up and the humor began!!

Yes I saw that episode..the chalet at Whistler....very funny...

Let's have another Canadiana edition of FJ,eh?

1.Gene meets the PM

2.Sophie and Nick sightsee in Toronto

3.Gene, Shannon and family take in a play at Stratford

4.They visit a city that has lost a major car manufacturer...and Gene cheers everyone up...

I've seen an episode or two of it and realize it's supposed to show the more "human" side of Gene Simmons. Still, my opinion of him remains the same. I think he's a fucking asshole of the highest order.

I can say from personal experience that you are absolutely correct in your assessment, sir.

I've never met anyone more full of themselves.

I can say from personal experience that you are absolutely correct in your assessment, sir.

I've never met anyone more full of themselves.

lol.. Obviously you do not have good thoughts about him. I honestly do not know much about him before watching the show. My little sister was crazy about them. I do find the show funny.

lol.. Obviously you do not have good thoughts about him. I honestly do not know much about him before watching the show. My little sister was crazy about them. I do find the show funny.

Oh I love the show! And Shannon, Nick and Sophie are very kind and warm. What you see is exactly how they are. Funny and charming. But when you see Gene on the show, he's acting. With an ego his size, you can't put a camera on him and expect "natural". :lol:

Hello;

I saw the show where he visited and gave much praise to the troops....I was impressed...and it appeared they appreciated his visit. SO I DO NOT IN ANYWAY CONSIDER GENE SIMMONS AN ASSHOLE OR TOO FULL OF HIMSELF

To elaborate on an earlier idea, I can see an episode where he visits a US or Canadian town that has lost a car and/or car parts factory. Many of those middle age employess probably bought KISS records or went to KISS concerts when they were younger. I can see Gene going to those people and giving some kind of speech to help them through this difficult time. There's many factories that have been closing in Ontario. It will affect not only employees but related businesses/services in the short term and long term.

Hello;

I saw the show where he visited and gave much praise to the troops....I was impressed...and it appeared they appreciated his visit. SO I DO NOT IN ANYWAY CONSIDER GENE SIMMONS AN ASSHOLE OR TOO FULL OF HIMSELF

He was on camera. ;)

Anyway, a guy can be patriotic and still be a jerk otherwise.

Try spending some time with him when the cameras aren't around. I speak from experience. Doc McGhee (Gene's/Kiss' manager for decades) is my former boss' best friend. Take my word for it, the guy's a jerk. Paul Stanley? Great guy! Love's to talk. Love's to listen. Full of enthusiasm and always smiling and amiable. Peter Criss? Totally cool guy you could just hang out and have a beer with (I have). Ace is one strange dude, but nice enough. Tommy Thayer I've known since he was in Black and Blue in the 80s. Eric Singer (Metsinger) grew up with my boss in Cleveland. Pals for 40 years. Funny small world isn't it? :lol:

He was on camera. ;)

Anyway, a guy can be patriotic and still be a jerk otherwise.

Try spending some time with him when the cameras aren't around. I speak from experience. Doc McGhee (Gene's/Kiss' manager for decades) is my former boss' best friend. Take my word for it, the guy's a jerk. Paul Stanley? Great guy! Love's to talk. Love's to listen. Full of enthusiasm and always smiling and amiable. Peter Criss? Totally cool guy you could just hang out and have a beer with (I have). Ace is one strange dude, but nice enough. Tommy Thayer I've known since he was in Black and Blue in the 80s. Eric Singer (Metsinger) grew up with my boss in Cleveland. Pals for 40 years. Funny small world isn't it? :lol:

Always wondered if you still have some pictures of you with some of the Kiss guys, Ev....cause if so it would be great to see them (hope you can help....if not.....doesn't matter either)

Always wondered if you still have some pictures of you with some of the Kiss guys, Ev....cause if so it would be great to see them (hope you can help....if not.....doesn't matter either)

Oddly enough I don't. I have pictures I took of my buddy and his son who I took backsage a few times, but none of myself. Mostly the times I've run into them was when my boss went golfing. Tommy Thayer and Doc McGhee are avid golfers as is my old boss (Tommy holds a charity golf tournament each year). I don't see them anymore anyways because Doc sold his house in Coto de Caza in California, and moved to Brentwood, Tennessee. Then me and Angi left California, so I don't see anyone anymore. :lol:

Tommy and Doc on the course (not my photo)

1_tommy_doc.jpg

I refuse to stand up in front of a rabbi and my friends and the woman I love - who I will tell you I can love with all my heart - and promise she will be the only one I will ever have until the day I die. That's a lie.

Gene Simmons

What a guy..... :zzz:

I would like to take a moment to apologise to Juliet. Clearly she's a Gene fan, and it's not my wish to make a bad portrayal of him. I have my experience of the man, but I don't want to spoil her day by trashing him. So Juliet, do please accept my apology for bashing Gene. For what it's worth, he was my first rock and roll hero. Kiss opened the door for me in 1975 when I was 9 years old. I have to acknowledge that, because it's the truth. That actually meeting the man left me bitter shouldn't change anything for you sweetheart. :friends:

Oddly enough I don't. I have pictures I took of my buddy and his son who I took backsage a few times, but none of myself. Mostly the times I've run into them was when my boss went golfing. Tommy Thayer and Doc McGhee are avid golfers as is my old boss (Tommy holds a charity golf tournament each year). I don't see them anymore anyways because Doc sold his house in Coto de Caza in California, and moved to Brentwood, Tennessee. Then me and Angi left California, so I don't see anyone anymore. :lol:

Tommy and Doc on the course (not my photo)

1_tommy_doc.jpg

So, are Kiss really retiring and getting some guys to tour as an official Kiss tribute band? I can't believe that! Well I can believe it, it's just embarrassing. Integrity goes down the shitter in the name of the almighty dollar.

So, are Kiss really retiring and getting some guys to tour as an official Kiss tribute band? I can't believe that! Well I can believe it, it's just embarrassing. Integrity goes down the shitter in the name of the almighty dollar.

They're already halfway there. Gene Simmons presently has two of the current members wearing makeup made famous by Ace Frehley and Peter Criss.

They're already halfway there. Gene Simmons presently has two of the current members wearing makeup made famous by Ace Frehley and Peter Criss.

You mean Tommy and Eric right? They've been there off and on for then years or more. I think he means the KISS Forever thing. They've got a whole Kiss act that will tour "forever" with no original members involved. Gene's idea of immortality (and endless $$), managed by Doc.

You mean Tommy and Eric right? They've been there off and on for then years or more. I think he means the KISS Forever thing. They've got a whole Kiss act that will tour "forever" with no original members involved. Gene's idea of immortality (and endless $$), managed by Doc.

I was sort of being facetious but yeah, I meant Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. As best as I can tell the tribute band Kiss Forever is something completely different. To the best of my understanding there were apparently plans for a "reality" show where new members would be picked for Kiss so Simmons and Stanley could retire. This was all before news of the new Kiss album hit which is evidently due sometime next year.

I was sort of being facetious but yeah, I meant Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. As best as I can tell the tribute band Kiss Forever is something completely different. To the best of my understanding there were apparently plans for a "reality" show where new members would be picked for Kiss so Simmons and Stanley could retire. This was all before news of the new Kiss album hit which is evidently due sometime next year.

Well, Eric has been in the band for almost 20 years. As I'm sure you know he replaced Eric Carr after he died tragically from cancer. So I feel for him as he was basically roped into doing the makeup thing, because he was already in the non-makeup band.

Now Tommy on the other hand...he was friends with Gene before he was brought into KISS. When Ace had a falling out after the '96 reunion, Doc basically needed to cover bases. Tommy had been in a Kiss tribute band and later was working as an assistant for Gene, so it was a logical and easy fix.

Personally, I feel it ain't really Kiss without Ace and Peter. But Gene insisted on paying them scale. No wonder his last solo album was called Asshole. :rolleyes:

Well, Eric has been in the band for almost 20 years. As I'm sure you know he replaced Eric Carr after he died tragically from cancer. So I feel for him as he was basically roped into doing the makeup thing, because he was already in the non-makeup band.

Now Tommy on the other hand...he was friends with Gene before he was brought into KISS. When Ace had a falling out after the '96 reunion, Doc basically needed to cover bases. Tommy had been in a Kiss tribute band and later was working as an assistant for Gene, so it was a logical and easy fix.

Personally, I feel it ain't really Kiss without Ace and Peter. But Gene insisted on paying them scale. No wonder his last solo album was called Asshole. :rolleyes:

I was mainly just commenting on how Simmons chooses to conduct business concerning my remarks about how he had the other two members just slap on the makeup made famous by Ace and Peter. I wasn't trying to belittle or minimize their history with the band.

I stopped caring about Kiss around the time I turned 14 or 15. They're one of the few groups I loved during my youth that didn't carry over into my adulthood.

Archived