John Paul Jones In the Studio with Dave Grohl & Josh Homme

From NME.com:

Dave Grohl, Josh Homme and Led Zeppelin man recording together

07918_164915_davegrohl_ge_L180907.jpg

Dave Grohl at V Festival - check out our definitive Foo Fighters album review this week.

Pic: Guy Eppel

John Paul Jones hits the studio with Foo Fighters and Queens frontmen

Dave Grohl is currently recording with Queens Of The Stone Age's Josh Homme and Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones.

There were rumours of the trio working together as long ago as 2005, but according to Antiquiet.com, they have finally started recording together, and are currently in the studio in Los Angeles.

Although the group are being tight-lipped about their plans, Homme's wife, Spinnerette's Brody Dalle, indicated that she had heard some of the trio's efforts.

“I'm not at liberty to talk about it… but I think [the project] is pretty fucking amazing," she declared. "Just beats and sounds like you've never heard before.”

God, what a headline: "Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, and the Led Zeppelin Guy You Don't Know the Name Of." :rolleyes:

SURELY Jonesy's fifteen minutes of fame must have arrived by now??

<_< You're so right.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't wait to hear what this sounds like, I love QOSTA. Although I agree with the rest of you 'Led Zeppelin Man' what a silly fuckin headline.

I'm looking forward to this! JPJ's two true solo albums in Zooma and Thunderthief are my favorite post LZ work for any of the members, with Raising Sand a close 3rd.

Although I agree with the rest of you 'Led Zeppelin Man' what a silly fuckin headline.

Perhaps the writer is insinuating that it is, indeed, John Paul Jones who was The Man in Led-Zeppelin. :D

• 1 month later...

The tour kicks off with an October 2 performance at the Austin City Limits music festival, to be preceded by a September 30 Austin City Limits TV taping to air at a later date TBD, as well as an appearance at the October 1 Austin City Limits festival pre-party.

North America Fall Tour 2009

Thu, 1st October / Austin TX Stubb's

Fri, 2nd October / Austin TX Austin City Limits

Mon, 5th October / Nashville TN War Memorial

Tue, 6th October / Columbus OH LC Pavilion

Thu, 8th October / Detroit MI The Fillmore

Fri, 9th October / Toronto ONT Sound Academy

Sun, 11th October / Boston MA House of Blues

Mon, 12th October / Philadelphia PA Electric Factory

Wed, 14th October / Washington DC 930 Club

Europe Winter 2009

Thu, 10th December / Plymouth / Plymouth Pavilions