Frank McCourt Dies

Virginia

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1911633,00.html

Very sad news; "Angela's Ashes" immediately struck a chord and made a lasting impression on me. My great grandfather was a charming Irish-Catholic man like Frank's father, also powerless over his addiction and ultimately he died because of it, leaving behind a wife and many small children with no other means of support. That Frank was able to rise above his childhood with forgiveness, compassion and dignity has always served as an inspiration to me. Rest in peace, Frank.

Man how many RIP threads lately!

Like most I was introduced to Frank McCourt through Angela's Ashes. He kept an indomitable spirit alive through humour and compassion. RIP *sigh*

I know - it's really been a bad several weeks for famous people passing :(

Angela's Ashes was indeed very moving.

I've got Angela's Ashes, 'Tis, and Teacher Man.

They're all great books. My grandmother gave me Angela's Ashes for Christmas one year after she read it and loved it.

I actually gave a friend Teacher Man for a graduation present when she graduated with her English education degree.

I've got Angela's Ashes, 'Tis, and Teacher Man.

They're all great books. My grandmother gave me Angela's Ashes for Christmas one year after she read it and loved it.

I actually gave a friend Teacher Man for a graduation present when she graduated with her English education degree.

I haven't read the other two but I will put them on my list.

Archived