Latest AP article

This article is posted on MSN.com today - it appears to be a blend of RS, Q and other recent statements/interviews. I've bolded Robert's befuddling comment on tour possibilities -- any idea what he's saying? Is he saying pressure in the negative sense or positive sense, i.e. the more people speculate/the less he wants to do it?

Zeppelin Has Mixed Views on More Shows

Dec. 6, 2007, 1:06 AM EST

LONDON (AP) -- Will Led Zeppelin's long-awaited reunion lead to more concerts?

Guitarist Jimmy Page, singer Robert Plant and bass player John Paul Jones will perform Monday at London's 02 Arena, a benefit tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last year.

It will be the rock band's first concert in almost two decades.

"I must say that after our initial get-together it was so exhilarating and fun that I did feel I would like to do more," Q music magazine quoted Page, 63, as saying.

"I've got things I've been working on for the past four years that I'm proud of," he says. "Some of the songs I've got ready are as good as anything I've done in the past. I wouldn't necessarily save them for my solo career."

Jones, 61, tells both Q and Rolling Stone magazine that he has no idea whether more concerts will follow.

"I guess the door has been left slightly ajar," he tells Q. "We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards."

Plant, 59, tells Rolling Stone magazine in its Dec. 13 issue: "If people don't talk about a tour, anything is likely. The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody."

And if there is no more Led Zeppelin after Monday's show, "That's fine," he says, "because we will do it with a good heart."

Led Zeppelin split up in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham. They will be joined at Monday's concert by Bonham's son Jason.

if the press would give them (esp Robert)some breathing room it would take the pressure off

sounds like a let's wait and see.

sorta enjoy the concert,,,,see how it goes,,,,make decisions later,,,just like anyone else no one likes to be pushed.

the door does seem to be ajar as JPJ states though..

DELETED -- what was allegedly said on Steve Jones (Sex Pistols guitarist) radio show yesterday by Cult guitarist Billy Duffy was probably a joke. Or some sad has-been trying to get publicity. Either way, never mind!

Thats what I have been saying, all the time. Wait and See!!!!

Well Robert can't expect everyone not to be hopeful, or to have a "ho-hum" feeling about the tour possibilities.

When you have the greatest band ever reuniting in come capacity, and that band is also known for great live shows, then of course everyone will be saying "do some touring please please please".

Asking people to wait and see is such a tease!

I'm beginning to think it all comes down to how well their performance goes off at the O2. If Robert believes it's a success, then I think we might see them venture around the world a bit.

Robert also might not want to announce any intention to play a world tour because it could detract from the O2 occassion. It has been referred to as their last ever concert together, and if he contradicts that prior to the concert, then it might take some of the luster off of the gathering.

I dunno, all I can say is I can't wait until 12/11. That is the special date for the non-ticket holders.

Robert plant said around the time of the 2003 zeppelin DVD. The first thing that would have to happen is them getting in a room with instruments... I think thats been taken care of. If its even going to happen, its now.

agreed it must feel amazing to be playing those tunes again after all this time. lets all just wait & see what the new year

Robert also might not want to announce any intention to play a world tour because it could detract from the O2 occassion.

And certainly from his prior obligations like the one with Allison. A zeppelin announcment would certainly make anything else seem very insignifigant.

if the press would give them (esp Robert)some breathing room it would take the pressure off

sounds like a let's wait and see.

sorta enjoy the concert,,,,see how it goes,,,,make decisions later,,,just like anyone else no one likes to be pushed.

the door does seem to be ajar as JPJ states though..

OK PRESSURES OFF

Archived