An Artist's Interpretation Of LED ZEPPELIN's 'Stairway To Heaven'

Marcel

120907.jpg

A new video and painting titled 'A Song Of Hope' by American artist Greg Harris, is based on the LED ZEPPELIN classic 'Stairway To Heaven'.

According to Harris' website: "It is an artist’s visual interpretation of a musical masterpiece and offers clues to the true meaning of perhaps the most popular and controversial song of all time. Watch the video (below) and then take a look at the details of the painting to find clues to the mystery."

Beautiful! And speaking of detail, notice the burnt skeleton of the Zeppelin to the right of the Piper, behind the tree!! Can't find the "Zoso" yet though.

*goes back to look deeper*

Bit confused about the meaning of the American flag though.

Oh, found the Zoso in the rocks above the skeleton! :D

Is that the "Presence" object in the skeleton's hand?

thanks for posting this. it's a lovely painting. he is very talented.

like ev, i don't get the US flag bit. and to me, it doesn't look like a stairway going to heaven, more like a wall.....? and the stairway actually veers off into the red area ....hell? and what do the skeleton and the other guy signify?

thanks for posting this. it's a lovely painting. he is very talented.

like ev, i don't get the US flag bit. and to me, it doesn't look like a stairway going to heaven, more like a wall.....? and the stairway actually veers off into the red area ....hell? and what do the skeleton and the other guy signify?

Hi S2Z,

Well if you go by the Song then,

The Lady who's Sure and carries an American Flag and a Fist Full of Dollars might signify,

Americia can buy whatever She wants, even if its a Stairway to Heaven, or to Hell.

The fact that the Stairway veers off into the red area could mean a complete opposite, a Stairway to Hell.

A Skeleton could signify Death. The Death of America?

The other Guy could be the Piper calling her to join him.

"In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings", (centre right)

"And the voices of those who stand looking" Could be the Fat Boy on the Left of the Lady, or is he the Devil? Or a young Peter Grant?

Very Criptic Indeed, Regards, Danny

According to Harris' website: "It is an artist's visual interpretation of a musical masterpiece and offers clues to the true meaning of perhaps the most popular and controversial song of all time. Watch the video (below) and then take a look at the details of the painting to find clues to the mystery."

Most controversial?

How do they figure?

Hi S2Z,

Well if you go by the Song then,

The Lady who's Sure and carries an American Flag and a Fist Full of Dollars might signify,

Americia can buy whatever She wants, even if its a Stairway to Heaven, or to Hell.

The fact that the Stairway veers off into the red area could mean a complete opposite, a Stairway to Hell.

A Skeleton could signify Death. The Death of America?

The other Guy could be the Piper calling her to join him.

"In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings", (centre right)

"And the voices of those who stand looking" Could be the Fat Boy on the Left of the Lady, or is he the Devil? Or a young Peter Grant?

Very Criptic Indeed, Regards, Danny

i got who the piper was, i mean the other figure, not the girl or the skeleton or the piper.....

I think it's an awful painting - kitsch would be an understatement. The American flag is ridiculous, the nudity is pointless, the mountains are a LOTR cliché.... and as for the "true" meaning of STH, either there isn't any or there are several.

Agreed, my first thought was 'kitsch'.

I think it's an awful painting - kitsch would be an understatement. The American flag is ridiculous, the nudity is pointless, the mountains are a LOTR cliché.... and as for the "true" meaning of STH, either there isn't any or there are several.

I will tend to stick to Robert Plant as quoted "over-all materialism" as they saw it at that time (paraphrased). I am not particularly keen on this interpretation but a nice picture. How I'd love to see other interpretations too.

Speaking of the golden god, I know there are threads around but: Happy Birthday, Congrats on the CBE, and be safe on the road Robert baby :-)

Thanks for this thread Marcel!

Archived