100 Greatest Madison Square Garden Shows of All Time

I never said they were...I said......

You said 'if'. I don't think anyone here has been stuffing the ballot boxes nor should they, the same can't be said with that RS fan who has openly admitted to doing it. I have never condoned 'cheating', do you?

I am lucky enough to have been to a few of these shows! I will try to rank them with my fading memory

1. Led Zeppelin-Went to all three 73 shows. Great 5 shows in 77 1st row 4 of them! Good shows but I always remember the 71 show as my favorite! My girlfriend was on the stage when it collapsed.

2.Rolling Stones-75 was a great show but I liked the 72 Jagger Birthday show better. Even better was the 69 show (get your ya-yas out) 2nd row, BB King, Ike and Tina, Janis Joplin was there too

3.The Who-74 was the boys at the end of their prime. An even better show was the Metropolitan Opera House in 70. I was into Tommy. I'll always remember getting one of the ushers in a tux find my hash pipe with his flashlight

4.Bruce Springsteen-I am from New Jersey. What can I say "He's the Boss"!

5.Concert for Bangladesh-Dylan,Clapton and the closet I ever came to seeing the Beatles perform though I did see them arrive in the US at JFK

6.Fleetwood Mac-Wasn't my favorite band but it was a good show. 77 rumours tour was great

7.Elvis-Wasn't there but I wish I had been

8.Johnny Cash-Wasn't there but I saw him later.

9.Village People-Wasn't there Thank God!!!

10.Kiss-I hate Kiss! I wouldn't have gone to this show if you paid me

For what it's worth, for a very dubious poll, here are the final results for this round just completed:

1. Rolling Stones 72.3%

2. Led Zeppelin 15.9%

3. Elvis Presley, 7.9%

4. Concert for Bangladesh 1.7%

5. Village People, 1.6%

6. Johnny Cash 0.52%

7. Fleetwood Mac, 0.05%

8. Bruce Springsteen, 0.049%

9. KISS, 0.02%

10. The Who, 0.01%

The top-five finishers move on to the next round. Hardly anyone voted for The Who. Voting restarts again on Thursday 3pm (EST)

Meg

Round three started today.. this time we are up against the top 5's from each decade.. LZ is doing pretty good right now but start voting http://msg.com/photos/100-best-madison-square-garden-shows-top-20/slide/1/

Not a chance. Michael Jackson's current voting rate is 84 votes per second, non-stop now for the last 10 hours straight. No artist has a hope in hell of grabbing the top two spots bar MJ. The best we can hope for is to just make it to the final.

This thing is rigged. No way are the Stones that far ahead of everyone else. There isn't even a "famous show" by them that everyone talks about. Plus, if I'm corect, when MSG Network did the 50 Biggest Moments at MSG, Zeppelin was ranked in there but the Stones were not.

the stones are nowhere near winning this one.. Zeppelin is in 3rd as of now but i think that may be the higest we can go since Michael Jackson is in the poll twice..

We're about to be overtaken in the next few hours by whitney houston and janet jackson. They're simply outvoting us, no doubt using automated voting scripts. Whitney houston vote is currently 36 votes a second. Not too subtle are they.

This thing is rigged. No way are the Stones that far ahead of everyone else. There isn't even a "famous show" by them that everyone talks about. Plus, if I'm corect, when MSG Network did the 50 Biggest Moments at MSG, Zeppelin was ranked in there but the Stones were not.

The Rolling Stones scored more than 6 million votes over a 7 day period in round 2. In contrast, The Who scored less than 400 votes. We could only muster 80,000 in total, and if you read the comments page, most of them were from sympathetic other fans annoyed at what was going on in the 1990s poll (at one point the Rolling Stones in that poll reached 95%, with a rate of 120 votes a second). Clearly the 6 million figure is absurdly over-inflated and not humanly possible.

Smoking gun found. If you use Google translation or Babelfish, you can see a Michael Jackson fan advertising automated voting software for use in the msg poll. See:

http://www.mjjcn.com/mjjcnforum/thread-94277-1-1.html

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.mjjcn.com/mjjcnforum/thread-94277-1-1.html&ei=_YRCS6zOJZiXkQXC8c2ECQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBAQ7gEwAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522Michael%2BJackson%2522%2Bpollprocess%2Bajax%2Bmsg.com%26hl%3Den

This is what Led Zeppelin is up against. Other fans using automated scripts.

"There isn't even a "famous show" by them that everyone talks about"

uh hello......get yer ya ya's out?? heard of that? one of the greatest live albums of all time.

I,like most on this board I assume, have all available zeppelin recordings from the numerous MSG shows over the groups career (15).....but that stones album has always been very popular when it comes to MSG shows.

all of this stuff is crap anyways.....who cares why or who had the greatest live show at MSG....too many variables to figure out.....for elton john to not be in there just goes to prove this is all nonsense.

"There isn't even a "famous show" by them that everyone talks about"

uh hello......get yer ya ya's out?? heard of that? one of the greatest live albums of all time.

I,like most on this board I assume, have all available zeppelin recordings from the numerous MSG shows over the groups career (15).....but that stones album has always been very popular when it comes to MSG shows.

all of this stuff is crap anyways.....who cares why or who had the greatest live show at MSG....too many variables to figure out.....for elton john to not be in there just goes to prove this is all nonsense.

This poll had weird choices. Rolling Stones had two nominations, Michael Jackson had two nominations. Yet Led Zeppelin only had one. Even the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert in 1988 with a slew of name artists, didn't get nominated. Culture Club received a nomination instead.

Round Three Results. Led Zeppelin reclaimed third spot. Top ten through to final round:

1. Michael Jackson 1988 29.1%

2. Michael Jackson 2001 28.6%

3. Led Zeppelin 1973, 12.3%

4. Whitney Houston 1987, 11.9%

5. Janet Jackson 1990, 4.5%

6. Barbra Streisand 1994, 2.1%

7. Phil Collins 1985, 1.82%

8. Duran Duran 1984, 1.81%

9. Peter Gabriel 1986, 1.80%

10 Village People 1979, 1.79%

11. Elvis Presley 1972 1.10%

12. Luther Vandross 1991 0.81%