Need Led Zeppelin Fan/ Wikipedia Editor

zeppphead

Hey Guys. I've noticed a very important thing that Led Zeppelin's entry on Wikipedia is somehow negatively biased....If bands such as The Stooges, The Who, and even Soundgarden, iron Maiden & Pantera can have a Legacy/ Influence heading, why can't the greatest rock band ever- Led Zeppelin???

Taking this into consideration, I've written Legacy/ Cultural Impact/ Recognition sections but I need some Wikipedia editor or expert user to:

- Refine/ Edit/ Expand on the copy.

- Add more citations.

- Add more stuff.

- Publish it on Wikipedia.

NOTE: Please dowload the MCAfee-protected MS Word Document (Legacy-Section.doc) here:

http://www.mohib.org...acy-Section.doc

I'm looking forward to your help. Thanks in advance. icon_clapping.gif

Led Zep forever! icon_smile.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen! 63 Views and no replies....... C'mon!

Good luck with it but I believe it would be a waste of time. It would be deleted within hours, perhaps days. WP has always had a weird anti-zep vibe. Note how large one particular section is on the main article LZ that's totally out of proportion with everything else written there. It's constant vandal smearing of biographies, and insertion of false information by anonymous cowards is tiresome. The world would be better off without WP.

Don’t be disappointed, my friend. Those are the ways of Zep’s fans.

I found out that the really knowledgeable Zep fans don’t like to be involved in debates on internet, leaving this on the young padawans, who usually are making more damage than help. Those “expert level” fans usually act like they don’t have anything to prove, to anyone (as they should, for the matter).

I know this because I fought my own crusade, on DDD Music Forum, and I could really use some help from the Zeppelin “Yodas” (concerning exactly the subject of Zeppelin influence) on the “Greatest 100 artist of rock&roll” debate, or on the “Most influential rock artist” debate, or in the “Zep/Who” debate; but at my cry for help (er, an subtle cry), I got replies like “lay down before you’ll hurt yourself”).

I still get physically sick to read some of the comments on those debates, but now I don’t expect anything from anyone. You should do the same.

So, if you’ll had patience to read thousands of pages of debates, you may find there, maybe, something usefull about Zep’s influence.

Sorry, but this is the only thing I got.

Don't be disappointed, my friend. Those are the ways of Zep's fans.

I found out that the really knowledgeable Zep fans don't like to be involved in debates on internet, leaving this on the young padawans, who usually are making more damage than help. Those "expert level" fans usually act like they don't have anything to prove, to anyone (as they should, for the matter).

I know this because I fought my own crusade, on DDD Music Forum, and I could really use some help from the Zeppelin "Yodas" (concerning exactly the subject of Zeppelin influence) on the "Greatest 100 artist of rock&roll" debate, or on the "Most influential rock artist" debate, or in the "Zep/Who" debate; but at my cry for help (er, an subtle cry), I got replies like "lay down before you'll hurt yourself").

I still get physically sick to read some of the comments on those debates, but now I don't expect anything from anyone. You should do the same.

So, if you'll had patience to read thousands of pages of debates, you may find there, maybe, something usefull about Zep's influence.

Sorry, but this is the only thing I got.

For all those *ucktards who think Led Zeppelin is overrated, was aresult of hype and despised by peers/ rock establishment, here is agreat video featuring Roger Taylor & Brian May (Queen), Toni Iommi (Black Sabbath), Slash (Guns N' Roses), Steven Tyler & Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Jack White (White Stripes), David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Paul Rodgers (Free and Bad Company) and others. What they say about Zeppelin- Watch out:

Anyways, If you need me to back you up with any sort of debate. I'll be there to blow everyone out of the water ;)

Good luck with it but I believe it would be a waste of time. It would be deleted within hours, perhaps days. WP has always had a weird anti-zep vibe. Note how large one particular section is on the main article LZ that's totally out of proportion with everything else written there. It's constant vandal smearing of biographies, and insertion of false information by anonymous cowards is tiresome. The world would be better off without WP.

Its weird that the press has been against Led Zepp for ages.... Many agencies, for instance, Rolling Stones, Melody Maker, Creem etc have apologized, but most of them esp. Time Magazine always say crap about Page & Co.

Anyways, If you need me to back you up with any sort of debate. I'll be there to blow everyone out of the water ;)

Thanks. You're nice.

Well, the debates are still ON (all you have to do is google "DDD music forum index"). And there are a lot of polls too.

But, PLEASE, do not post into a Zep related debate until you have read the previous posts(or at least those concerning Zep). There is some heavy cavalry out there and the trolls are exposed and annihilated really quickly.

Its weird that the press has been against Led Zepp for ages.... Many agencies, for instance, Rolling Stones, Melody Maker, Creem etc have apologized, but most of them esp. Time Magazine always say crap about Page & Co.

I posted this a while back. It is a take from the court scene of "A Few Good Men" when Tom Cruise is drilling Jack Nicholson...anyway here is my take on the critics when it comes to our band:

A FEW GOOD MUSICIANS

ZEPPELIN: " you want answers???"

MUSIC CRITIC: " I want the truth!!"

ZEPPELIN: "You can't handle the truth"....

"but I'll answer the question...."

"People, we live in a world that requires music.... who's going to find it?

You?........you in your magazines?

We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You scoff at our music and you curse at our accomplishments.You have that luxury...

You have the luxury of not knowing what we know, that while current

results of not touring live are tragic, we're still driving new music and sales.

And that our efforts, while resented and misunderstood, by you... drives MUSIC!

You don't want to know the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at staff meetings....you want us on that cover You NEED us on that cover! We use words like ownership of masters, creating master pieces. We use these words as the backbone of the time spent negotiating something....you use them as a punch line.We have neither the time nor inclination to explain ourselves to people who rise and sleep under the very blanket of music and income we provide and then question the manner in which we provide it.

We would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way...

Otherwise we suggest you pick up an instrument and solicit some fans.

Either way...we don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to."

MUSIC CRITIC: " did you or did you not make the BEST MUSIC?????"

ZEPPELIN "You're damn right WE MADE THE BEST!!!"

The idiocy and hypocracy of WP knows no bounds -

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dazed_and_Confused&action=history

• 2 weeks later...

I actually thought of Jimmy responding when I was doing this. Most critics are complete idiots. :toast:

Well, I think Pagey's rather been modest in interviews and quite gentlemanly with the press. Percy Plant, on the other hand, always tends to be showy, chesty , and honestly, a bit self-centered. Here's one bright example:

cameron.JPG

“The Durable Led Zeppelin: A Conversation With Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.”

Cameron Crowe. Rolling Stone (March 13, 1975): 32-37+.

Well, I think Pagey's rather been modest in interviews and quite gentlemanly with the press. Percy Plant, on the other hand, always tends to be showy, chesty , and honestly, a bit self-centered. Here's one bright example:

cameron.JPG

“The Durable Led Zeppelin: A Conversation With Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.”

Cameron Crowe. Rolling Stone (March 13, 1975): 32-37+.

Eternal Light is correct, he is just explaining the situation.

But also notice in the article you posted it did state hated by the critics.

zepphead-You have a right to your own opinion as do I...and I am sticking with mine. :peace:

I do not see anything self-centered in those remarks. He seems to be just trying to explain the situation.

Well, I do remember a few interviews in which Plantey blamed everything evil that ever happened to Led Zeppelin on Pagey. And hey, I don't have anything against him... was just trying to explain some facts. I'm his biggest fan, in fact.

Peace.

Well, I do remember a few interviews in which Plantey blamed everything evil that ever happened to Led Zeppelin on Pagey. And hey, I don't have anything against him... was just trying to explain some facts. I'm his biggest fan, in fact.

Peace.

Kindly, do please state your sources. :beer:

Peace.

I do not remember those statements. Usually he states that he loves Jimmy, which I believe. Either way, it does not make his remarks self-centered.

I'll surely find it and get back to you (though it is very hard to find amongst all those tons of interviews)

I have posted a lot of interviews from You Tube and own every CD, DVD they officially have and I have never heard any of them say anything negative about one another. If you find any please let us know. And not from some crazy article by a critic, but from them personally.

I'll surely find it and get back to you (though it is very hard to find amongst all those tons of interviews)

On Sept 26, 1980 the London Evening News ran a headline declaring “Led Zeppelin’s Black Magic Mystery” and the article reported, “An unnamed source close to the group commented, ‘It sounds crazy, but Robert Plant and everyone around the band are convinced that Jimmy’s dabbling in black magic is responsible in some way for Bonzo’s death and for all those other tragedies. I think the three remaining members of Zeppelin are a little afraid of what’s going to happen next."

...scores of similar sentionalist stories followed...but it doesn't make it true

I have posted a lot of interviews from You Tube and own every CD, DVD they officially have and I have never heard any of them say anything negative about one another. If you find any please let us know. And not from some crazy article by a critic, but from them personally.

OMG... Yeah, he's always spoke highly of Pagey as a band-mate and as a friend, and I'm not saying that he said anything negative about Pagey, however, I do remember one interview- he said Jimmy brought some problems to the band or something like that. Google search does not help because I don't remember the exact words..

I'll let you guys know If I find it. Now please... I'm a (big big) fan, not a critic... :slapface:

I do remember one interview- he said Jimmy brought some problems to the band or something like that.

'The Long Shadow of Led Zeppelin', by Mikal Gilmore, Rolling Stone Magazine, August 10, 2006

(excerpt)

After the events of July 1977, Led Zeppelin were in pieces. The death of Plant's son stopped all band undertakings immediately. Bonham and Cole were the only members of Led Zeppelin's inner circle to attend Karac Plant's funeral in Birmingham. According to Cole—whose accounts are sometimes questionable—Plant was confused and hurt that the others hadn't joined him on this day. Plant, Cole claimed, said, "Maybe they don't have as much respect for me as I do for them. Maybe they're not the friends I thought they were."

Jimmy Page had to fend off rumors that his flirtations with the occult had backfired and created a curse, and that Led Zeppelin were now paying the cost. "I don't see how the band would merit a karmic attack," Page responded. "All I or we have attempted to do is go out and really have a good time and please people at the same time."

But Plant later acknowledged that he had been forced to reevaluate everything. "After losing my son," he said, "I found that the excesses that surrounded Led Zeppelin were such that nobody knew where the actual axis of all this stuff was. Everybody was insular, developing their own world. The band had gone through two or three really big—huge—changes: changes that actually wrecked it before it was born again. The whole beauty and lightness of 1970 had turned into a sort of neurosis."

Grant and the other members of Led Zeppelin agreed to give Plant as much time and distance as he needed to grieve and come to his own decisions. "I felt quite remote from the whole thing," Plant told Uncut in 2005. "I wasn't comfortable with the group at all. We'd gone right through the hoop and, because my hoop was on fire, I didn't know if it was worth it anymore." On another occasion Plant said that Page's and others' drug use was also an issue: "Addiction to powders was the worst way to see yourself, a waste of your time and everybody's time. You make excuses to yourself why things aren't right or about what's happening to your potential. You lie to yourself first and rub your nose later. It was time to get out."

Archived