2010 GLASTONBURY festival LED ZEPPELIN !

madfan

...a support group to prove how much we really need Led Zeppelin this year!!

Glastonbury 2010: Led Zeppelin!

I just NEED to let out how amazed and thrilled i am that they are thinking about doing it! if you do too, then PLEASE let it out on here, because its only a maybe that they will be, BUT STILL A MAYBE! If you don't believe me, search the internet and this website.

( i know i am crazy but please don't delete this forum, at least not untill after the festival please!! )

*Lets get as many supporters down here as we can, and if you're not a member THEN PLEASE JOIN! this could be led Zeppelins LAST gig or last 'maybe decision.. LETS MAKE SURE IT'S A YES decision! make a difference, please express how much you want them to appear, even if you live outside the UK and don't have a ticket, i don't have a ticket, they've sold out but there will be loads of competitions to win one, and for THIS, i would dig a trench for 2 weeks to sneak in, (so you can borrow my trench) please!

WHO DO WE WANT? ..JIMMY PAGE, ROBERT PLANT, JOHN-PAUL-JONES!! (John Bonham you will be ledgend forever, your music stays with us)

it's up to you now.

Led Zeppelin you are definately without doubt my favourite band forever, i am only 17 so have never seen you live, but it would be my dream, and even if i can't get into glastonbury, at least just knowing your there, in the uk in my country and that LED ZEPPELIN IS STILL GOING! since listening to your music from when i was a baby when my dad used to play it on his big massive vintage speakers, and then listening to it again much older, i recognised it and i have always thought it was magical and felt a connection, there will be nothing like you ever. all of it combined, all the elements to the music, just listening to it makes me wish i could see it live every time, and wish i was there, im really preventing myself from going on and sounding too mental but i just love music so much and there is nothing like you. i even made this collage on a canvas of you lol. I can listen to the music forever and it will always make me feel better. pleassee! be re-united! for everything

Led Zeppelin is NOT thinking about doing it.

All those internet sites are trying to twist Robert Plant's words that he might have a place there.

he said himself he had a place though ??

i know it might only be a maybe but still, i need to try, just incase, even if its only a tiny maybe im just a mental fan of them and i dream of it happening and the point is it COULD happen.

"TOTAL BOLLOCKS"

Regards, Danny

Why? America made Led Zeppelin. The band has admitted it on more than one occasion that this is the case. They did the O2 show in London (which I was blessed to go to) but if they really do another show, I think American fans deserve it. They were people on here who deserved to go as much as I did but couldn't afford it. The only reason I could afford going was that I had recently won some insurance money from an old drunk lady plowing into me at a traffic light B) . I won't use the term that "they owe it" to America (like some have said on here) because I find that too demanding on the band (and kind of insulting). One night at MSG would suffice since they had so much history there (plus, they could erase the 40th Anniversary debacle). This is all kinda moot because they are most likely not going to have a reunion at Glastonbury. If they do, I hope you get to see them (and a lot of others on here). I know I will try to again.

They won't ever reunite, and they wouldn't do Glastonbury. Them Crooked Vultures, maybe. Zeppelin? No.

I'm glad their last concert was at the 02. After London, Liverpool and Birmingham, I live in one of the largest towns in England and Zeppelin only came here once, in 1971, to play in a small dingy club. America got their five hundred million tours, and we only got half of that, though gave just as much love, loyalty and devotion. Having them play at home for the last time suited me just fine.

Why? America made Led Zeppelin. The band has admitted it on more than one occasion that this is the case. They did the O2 show in London (which I was blessed to go to) but if they really do another show, I think American fans deserve it. They were people on here who deserved to go as much as I did but couldn't afford it. The only reason I could afford going was that I had recently won some insurance money from an old drunk lady plowing into me at a traffic light B) . I won't use the term that "they owe it" to America (like some have said on here) because I find that too demanding on the band (and kind of insulting). One night at MSG would suffice since they had so much history there (plus, they could erase the 40th Anniversary debacle). This is all kinda moot because they are most likely not going to have a reunion at Glastonbury. If they do, I hope you get to see them (and a lot of others on here). I know I will try to again.

Hi 'Wolfman'

I take the word "Should" to be very selfish in this case, no offence to you but i live 2 miles from the O2 and i didnt get a snifter of the band i have worshiped since i dont know when, when they came to Greenwich. Only doing the O2 was bollocks as well, they "Should" have done a world tour and given all their fans a chance to see them one last time, in my honest opinion that is.

You came across to me as very selfish in your attitude, and after telling me you were at the O2 you prove it. All fans, not just American ones deserve to see Led Zeppelin if they are going to play, and i so hope they do it.

But i forgive your enthusiasm as i would be very pissed off if i didnt get the chance to see them live again, if they do perform over here in England i would be only to pleased to get you a ticket if i could, but you know as well as i do that Led Zeppelin owe us nothing, we "Should" be greatful for any morsel that finds its way on to our musical platter.

Regards, Danny

PS, i hope i didnt sound too abrupt, it wasent meant.:beer:

he said himself he had a place though ??

i know it might only be a maybe but still, i need to try, just incase, even if its only a tiny maybe im just a mental fan of them and i dream of it happening and the point is it COULD happen.

The likelihood of it happening is nil. Robert has talked with the festival organiser and said HE would like to perform there but not with Zep.

Zep played in the US 296 times and 103 times in England, now by my reckoning that's erm.... 193 concerts that we need to catch up on!

Confirmed Acts

Andy Williams

John E Vistic Experience

U2 – Friday Headliner – Pyramid Stage

Self Confirmed

Jamie Strange

The Dolphins Fly

The Operation

The Original Rabbit Foot Spasm Band

Veed

All the Below artists have speculated or somebody else has speculated that they could be at Glastonbury in 2010

Sting

Foo Fighters

Dizzie Rascal

Fatboy Slim

Florence and The Machine

Radiohead

Green Day

Coldplay

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Pet Shop Boys

Muse

Kanye West

Bon Jovi

Chemical Brothers

Elbow

Pulp

Levellers

Dolly Parton

Duran Duran

I'm not paying £200 to see this lot unless Jim is playing

As there are normally over 200 large festivals in the UK, I'm guessing the rumour mill has only just started to crank over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWV3sfXy5G8

Robert Plant has admitted he has spoken to festival organiser Michael Eavis about performing at Glastonbury next year.

Speaking to BBC 6 Music at the Q Awards he said: "I've just beentalking to Michael [Eavis]. There's place for me there, but I have noidea who with."

Plant picked up the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.

2010 marks the 40th anniversary of the already sold-out event in Somerset.

The rock icon said he is open to the idea of playing next year: "There is a chance yeah, but I don't know with who."

"I've just been talking to Michael [Eavis]. There's place for me there, but I have no idea who with."

Robert Plant

When it was suggested to him that he could do it by himself, he replied: "Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm good at card tricks."

Not only has Plant released solo albums but he also teamed up withbluegrass star Alison Krauss in 2007 on their Grammy Award-winning,Mercury Prize-nominated album Raising Sand.

Meanwhile at this year's Q Awards, Amy Winehouse was in attendance topresent The Specials with the Inspiration award and after performingtheir second UK show of the year in London last Friday, Sonic Youthpicked up the gong for Innovation In Sound.

However, while Plant is keen, it seems Sonic Youth are not likely to be on the bill for next year's Glastonbury.

When asked if there was a chance of the alternative heroes taking on aslot, Kim Gordon laughingly said: "Not really. We're not really big onfestivals because you don't sound check, you just go out, which can bequite fun when you don't know what's going to happen."

"The last time we played there we had Bob Dylan's audience or something. It wasn't that much fun," she added.

"You came across to me as very selfish in your attitude, and after telling me you were at the O2 you prove it. All fans, not just American ones deserve to see Led Zeppelin if they are going to play, and i so hope they do it"

No problem Danny. I just don't understand how I'm "selfish" for lucking out and seeing the O2 show. I'm honored I got to be there. It was one of the most incredible nights of my life and I only wished a lot of the regulars on here could have been there. Peace.

The Original Rabbit Foot Spasm Band....

I don't begrudge anyone lucky enough to have seen the O2 show. I've listened to the audience recordings many times, and sense that it was amazing, despite the occasional bumble. The energy was seemingly phenominal. Jason seemed to honor the meaning and momentousness of the show, his playing was inspired...and they all had fun, that's obvious. It's funny how the crowd is clearly older, too. THe 40 and 50 some are clapping away, kind-of yelling...it's a bit funny, as I'm in that crowd. But I'd dig a trench for two weeks to see them play together, even in my middle-age.

thanks wolfman -" If they do, I hope you get to see them (and a lot of others on here). I know I will try to again.they do, I hope you get to see them (and a lot of others on here). I know I will try to again. "

thanx for the zep vids by the way i had searched but i hadn't found the vid interview. i think he still has a suddan arguing voice in him somewhere to always think about doing it, even though his first reactions are to look away and shake his head abit, maybe he wants to if he couldnt help but mention it, and he grinned loads afterwards as well. i really wanna see a jimmy or john-paul interview vid on the matter aswell but iv only seen written ones so far. jimmy says i'ts all up to plant. he said that him and john and jason have been willing for another reunion from the one in the O2 in 2007, sorry if you know this already its just what i keep thinking about, i'm feeling like Alison's stolen him from his band?, grr

thanx alot for your imput too 68hair

thanks wolfman -" If they do, I hope you get to see them (and a lot of others on here). I know I will try to again.they do, I hope you get to see them (and a lot of others on here). I know I will try to again. "

thanx for the zep vids by the way i had searched but i hadn't found the vid interview. i think he still has a suddan arguing voice in him somewhere to always think about doing it, even though his first reactions are to look away and shake his head abit, maybe he wants to if he couldnt help but mention it, and he grinned loads afterwards as well. i really wanna see a jimmy or john-paul interview vid on the matter aswell but iv only seen written ones so far. jimmy says i'ts all up to plant. he said that him and john and jason have been willing for another reunion from the one in the O2 in 2007, sorry if you know this already its just what i keep thinking about, i'm feeling like Alison's stolen him from his band?, grr

thanx alot for your imput too 68hair

John Paul Jones is also working with another band now and seems to be happy doing that so it isn't just Robert preventing a reunion. Alison has nothing to do with Robert's decision. That decision was made in 1980 and he's not changed his mind and probably never will.

Former Queen guitarist BrianMay has said that he would agree to play Glastonbury 2010 with RobertPlant "at the drop of a hat".

Last week, ex-Led Zeppelin frontman Plant revealed that he is in talks with festival boss Michael Eavis about performing at the Worthy Farm event.

May has come forward to rule out a new guise of Queen playing, but stated that he would be eager to team up with Plant.

He told BBC 6 Music:"I'd play with Robert any time and when we have played together he'swonderful. Robert is a rock God and an inspiration to us all, alwayswill be.

"There's some people that remain your heroes which Irather feel good about. And [Eric] Clapton and [Jimmy] Page, Jeff Beck,those guys will always be heroes to me and that will never change, soyeah, of course I'll go at the drop of a hat."

Archived