Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck Concerts

bigzepfan

I'm going to the Thursday show! I've been trying to win tix to the Friday show but no luck yet.

You might be able to scalp for not much if the weather is bad. I'm considering going all out for great seats. Face value is $225 and I can get 10th row for $550. Very tempting. Front row center is $942.

Friday show is probably more expensive.

Either way it's going to be incredible. I have to resist watching any of it on Youtube.

I wonder if Jimmy is there watching his colleagues in action since it's so rare that they play together and he lives somewhat nearby. Maybe there will be a new Jimmy sighting tonight as well!

Hi Taylore and bigzepfan!

I am going on Friday. Front of section 306. I bought the tickets at 10 AM the day they went on sale and that was the best I could get. I noticed that as of a couple of weeks ago they were offering floor seats, section 4, very good seats. I thought about buying them and then scalping my section 306 seats, but I have never scalped tickets before and I probably wouldn't be able to get rid of them, or worse, get arrested, LOL.

I wonder if Jimmy made an appearance tonight at the O2, or if he was in the audience, at least. Another concert there tomorrow, so if not tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Here is the latest from Eric's web site:

http://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-news/303-opening-night-jeff-beck-and-eric-clapton-o2-london?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WheresEric+%28Where%27s+Eric%21+News%29

Wow! It looks like they played about 3 hours! NO JIMMY on stage, at least.

JEFF BECK BAND

Jeff Beck - guitar

Jason Rebello - keyboards

Rhonda Smith - bass

Narada Michael Walden - drums

ERIC CLAPTON & HIS BAND

Eric Clapton - guitar / vocals

Chris Stainton - keyboards

Walt Richmond - keyboards

Willie Weeks - bass

Steve Gadd - drums

Michelle John - backing vocals

Sharon White - backing vocals

THE O2 - 13 FEBRUARY 2010

Jeff Beck Set List (Approximately 45 Minutes)

Partial - Complete Set List Pending - Please check back!

The Pump

Led Boots

People Get Ready

Peter Gunn Theme

I Put A Spell On You - with Joss Stone

A Day In The Life

Eric Clapton Set List (Approximately 60 Minutes)

01. Driftin' - acoustic

02. Layla - acoustic

03. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out - acoustic

04. Running On Faith - acoustic

05. When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful

06. Tell The Truth

07. Key To The Highway

08. I Shot The Sheriff

09. Wonderful Tonight

10. Cocaine

11. Crossroads

Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton Set List (Approximately 70 Minutes)

01. Shake Your Moneymaker

02. Moon River

03. You Need Love

04. Outside Woman Blues

05. Little Brown Bird

06. Wee Wee Baby

07. (I Want To Take You) Higher

08. Hi Ho Silver Lining - encore (Eric and Jeff shared vocals)

Interesting, Tal is not playing bass for Jeff.

And acoustic Layla again. My family preferred the electirc version and was disappointed with it being acoustic at the Clapton/Winwood concert that we attended. But I like the acoustic best. And alot of different songs than the concert with Steve. Yay!

And the two on Hi Ho Silver Lining! I bet that was great!

And You Need Love! WOW!

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I'm going Thursday. Can't wait. I'm kinda tired of the acoustic Layla myself. I've seen EC 13 times now (and he gets more expensive each show :angry: ) and most shows he has played the acoustic version. I prefer the electric myself. One thing with MSG is that it's hard to figure when to buy tix. I always panic and buy them right when they go on sale. Some shows I have gotten great seats by going with this strategy, BUT it seems the closer the show gets, the better seats become available. I've tried the waiting game though and got shut out a few times. This is why I prefer to see shows in Philly. It's a lot less stressful. For anyone wanting to go there are several good seats left (esp. single seats.) Peace.

I'm going Thursday. Can't wait. I'm kinda tired of the acoustic Layla myself. I've seen EC 13 times now (and he gets more expensive each show angry.gif ) and most shows he has played the acoustic version. I prefer the electric myself. One thing with MSG is that it's hard to figure when to buy tix. I always panic and buy them right when they go on sale. Some shows I have gotten great seats by going with this strategy, BUT it seems the closer the show gets, the better seats become available. I've tried the waiting game though and got shut out a few times. This is why I prefer to see shows in Philly. It's a lot less stressful. For anyone wanting to go there are several good seats left (esp. single seats.) Peace.

Eric needs the money to pay for his yacht and his Ferrari, LOL. And his multi-million dollar house in Columbus, as well as Antigua, and England, and who know where else.

I have never been to MSG before, don't know what to expect.

I have never been to MSG before, don't know what to expect.

Great place to see a show (esp. because of the history). A little bigger then I'd like and it's a pain to exit (lots of steps) but still, it's MSG. You'll have a blast.

Night 2 at the O2

Imelda May sang Lilac Wine and Sharon Corr played violin with Jeff to Mna Na Heiriann, Irish (Gaelic) for "Women of Ireland". I would love to hear that! I would love to hear Imelda May sing, also!

Eric dropped the unplugged Layla. And Wonderful Tonight was dropped, too. sad.gif That is one of my favorite EC songs.

Eric is playing in Brooklyn, NY, on Tuesday with Yoko Ono and the Plastic Ono Band at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.

14 February 2010 - Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck

Tour Date, Special EventThe O2London United Kingdom

Band Lineup

JEFF BECK & HIS BAND

Jeff Beck - guitar

Jason Rebello - keyboards

Rhonda Smith - bass

Narada Michael Walden - drums

ERIC CLAPTON & HIS BAND

Eric Clapton - guitar / vocals

Chris Stainton - keyboards

Walt Richmond - keyboards

Willie Weeks - bass

Steve Gadd - drums

Michelle John - backing vocals

Sharon White - backing vocals

Special Guest(s)

During Jeff Beck's set

12 Piece Orchestra *

Sharon Corr - violin **

Imelda May - vocals ***

Set List

Jeff Beck

01. Eternity's Breath

02. Stratus

03. Led Boots

04. Corpus Christi Carol *

05. Bass solo by Rhonda Smith

06. Hammerhead *

07. Mna Na Heireann * **

08. People Get Ready

09. Big Block

10. Lilac Wine ***

11. A Day In The Life *

12. Nessun Dorma

Eric Clapton

01. Driftin' - acoustic

02. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out - acoustic

03. Running On Faith - acoustic

04. When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful

05. Tell The Truth

06. Key To The Highway

07. I Shot The Sheriff

09. Little Queen Of Spades

10. Cocaine

Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton

01. Shake Your Moneymaker

02. Moon River

03. You Need Love

04. Outside Woman Blues

05. Little Brown Bird

06. Wee Wee Baby

07. (I Want To Take You) Higher

08. Hi Ho Silver Lining - encore (Jeff / Eric vocals)

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

ooh I love Lilac Wine! Also Running on Faith, Tell the Truth, I Want to Take You Higher, can't wait! I'll be at the Plastic Ono Band show in Brooklyn too! I'm really only going to see Eric & Paul Simon idk how long I can watch Yoko "sing" before I burst out laughing...

ooh I love Lilac Wine! Also Running on Faith, Tell the Truth, I Want to Take You Higher, can't wait! I'll be at the Plastic Ono Band show in Brooklyn too! I'm really only going to see Eric & Paul Simon idk how long I can watch Yoko "sing" before I burst out laughing...

Have a great week Taylore! You are in for a treat!

I'm going Friday at MSG. Curious about the setlist.

Welcome to the forums, AlbumShirtGuy.smile.gif

Eric does tend to mix the set list up a bit. He may have a basic list of songs that he uses at all of the concerts, and then he may add or subtract a few songs, based on how he is feeling about them at the time of the show.

Seems like Jeff is mixing his songs up a bit, too, depending on who his special guests are. And Jeff does appear to have a few different special guest performers at each show. (I think that it is a bit much to hope for Jimmy at MSG, particularly since he did not appear in London, his hometown.)

I would be happy with Joss Stone, or Imelda May, or Sharon Corr. Whoever he has, it will be great, just to hear them sing and play with Jeff.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Saturday night at the O2 was fab! I was in the very front section, so had a great seat. Highlights for me were EC's smoking I Shot the Sheriff, which was very reggaed up and awesome, EC and JB's set opener, Shake Your Money Maker, and I must confess that I really did like Moon River (Breakfast at Tiffanys and SATC fans will appreciate). I'd never seen Clapton before, and I've always been a huge fan, so that was great, and it was cool to see Beck again--he's amazing! Will try to post pics in a bit.

Also, I saw Brian May when I first walked in, and Ross Halfin during the show (at work photographing the EC/JB set), and Tracey Ullman (who was in my row).

Edited by AllisonAdler

Saturday night at the O2 was fab! I was in the very front section, so had a great seat. Highlights for me were EC's smoking I Shot the Sheriff, which was very reggaed up and awesome, EC and JB's set opener, Shake Your Money Maker, and I must confess that I really did like Moon River (Breakfast at Tiffanys and SATC fans will appreciate). I'd never seen Clapton before, and I've always been a huge fan, so that was great, and it was cool to see Beck again--he's amazing! Will try to post pics in a bit.

Also, I saw Brian May when I first walked in, and Ross Halfin during the show (at work photographing the EC/JB set), and Tracey Ullman (who was in my row).

So glad you enjoyed it! I had only seen Clapton once before I saw him and Steve Winwood last year. He played in a small club and did all blues numbers. Was brill! Jeff I also saw in a small club for the first time and was floored. I LOVE Moon River and yes, the SATC aspect is great ;) I wish I could have seen them together but happy you made it :D

So glad you enjoyed it! I had only seen Clapton once before I saw him and Steve Winwood last year. He played in a small club and did all blues numbers. Was brill! Jeff I also saw in a small club for the first time and was floored. I LOVE Moon River and yes, the SATC aspect is great ;) I wish I could have seen them together but happy you made it :D

Thanks, nine! I love Steve Winwood--it would be great to see him and EC together sometime if they ever decide to do some more shows.

Two drifters (or should that be twisters...? ;) )

Thanks, nine! I love Steve Winwood--it would be great to see him and EC together sometime if they ever decide to do some more shows.

Two drifters (or should that be twisters...? wink.gif )

Hi AllisonAdler!

You are in great luck!

Eric and Steve are performing at Wembley Arena in London on May 20, 2010.

They also are performing in Birmingham NEC Arena on May 18th.

Link

Link

Edited to add: Looks like they are playing a second show at Wembley on May 21st.

Ticket Info Here

It was the best concert that I have ever been to!

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC