Random Newspaper Articles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrators

1974---TSRTS-John-Bonham-Santa-Pod-Raceway-filming.jpg

'Skin Flick' (1973)  --  Led Zeppelin skin-beater, John Bonham paid a visit to Santa Pod Raceway recently to be filmed at the controls of Clive Skilton's AA/Fueler. The filming was for a full-length feature about the group that includes the sights and sounds at two or three of their biggest concerts plus some incidental material about the guys themselves.

As Mr. Bonham is a bit of a car freak, it was decided to include a slice of drag racing film to complement the sound of a pretty wild drum solo from John. Obviously, a film not to be missed, so keep an eye and an ear out for it sometime early next year. [by Roger Philips]

1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

1974---TSRTS-John-Bonham-Santa-Pod-Raceway-filming.jpg

'Skin Flick' (1973)  --  Led Zeppelin skin-beater, John Bonham paid a visit to Santa Pod Raceway recently to be filmed at the controls of Clive Skilton's AA/Fueler. The filming was for a full-length feature about the group that includes the sights and sounds at two or three of their biggest concerts plus some incidental material about the guys themselves.

As Mr. Bonham is a bit of a car freak, it was decided to include a slice of drag racing film to complement the sound of a pretty wild drum solo from John. Obviously, a film not to be missed, so keep an eye and an ear out for it sometime early next year. [by Roger Philips]

Surprising to see this in the news at the time, which must have been late November or early December 1973. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The Daily Oklahoman (November 25, 1969)

Interesting to note this late November 1969 cancellation, as at the moment I show no other dates were scheduled between the last Fillmore West gig (Nov 8th) and this one (Nov 29th). There must have been other cancellations? 

1969 11 25  Daily Oklahoman, The (Oklahoma City, OK).jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

13 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The Daily Oklahoman (November 25, 1969)

Interesting to note this late November 1969 cancellation, as at the moment I show no other dates were scheduled between the last Fillmore West gig (Nov 8th) and this one (Nov 29th). There must have been other cancellations? 

1969 11 25  Daily Oklahoman, The (Oklahoma City, OK).jpg

Hmmm I'm reading this as possibly referring to Nov 22. Fuller was speaking on Monday the 24th; the report states the concert HAD been cancelled. Thanks for finding this article, Steve!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

The Valley Advocate (Northampton, MA) (October 20, 1999)

1999 10 20 Valley Advocate, The.jpg

I was at this show, and I can remember reading this article the day it came out.  I cannot believe if I had just gone over to the  Hotel Northampton after the show. . .

Thanks for posting the article.  I think this was Jones' first show in the US on that tour?  Pearl Street is a small venue.  I was standing right in front of Jones for the show.

• 1 month later...