Neil Christian dies

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

An intriguing video of Neil.

I like seeing the dancing teens in the audience. I like the girls' fashions and boots.

There is a nice 60's vibe to the video.

I didn't know that Ritchie Blackmore also played with Neil. Nice to learn something new!

Edited to say: Check out Neil's hip action, LOL. I bet that this song and performance was a bit risque for the mid 60's, do you think? Maybe not.

Neil Christian gave Jimmy his first big break. They toured all over the country in 1960-61 and Jimmy made a name for himself. The casual fan may not have heard about Jimmy Page, but the guitarists certainly knew about him.

I, too, am sad to read this news. However, to be perfectly honest, this is the very first time I have ever seen or heard Neil Christian perform and sing. I think that he is more famous for giving Jimmy Page his first big break and taking on the young guitarist than he is for his contribution to Rock and Roll. I would say a mere "footnote" to the musical "evolution" of Jimmy Page and that of Led Zeppelin. I say that would no disrepect at all.

On a lighter note: I think that Neil Christian may have actually and accidentally performed what would be known by millions of Michael Jackson fans some 25+ years later as the "Moonwalk".

I, too, am sad to read this news.  However, to be perfectly honest, this is the very first time I have ever seen or heard Neil Christian perform and sing.  I think that he is more famous for giving Jimmy Page his first big break and taking on the young guitarist than he is for his contribution to Rock and Roll.  I would say a mere "footnote" to the musical "evolution" of Jimmy Page and that of Led Zeppelin.  I say that would no disrepect at all.  

On a lighter note:  I think that Neil Christian may have actually and accidentally performed what would be known by millions of Michael Jackson fans some 25+ years later as the "Moonwalk".

Neil Christian really shines on Jimmy Page Session Man I and II. He's got a great persona. Now that I can see his body language (on the video above) I'm even more impressed. Thanks Neil. You've got a good ear. Thanks and rest in peace. 

The song he sings in the video reminds me of the sort of Anthony Newley-influenced stuff David Bowie was singing in that era (and thankfully dropped!). I'd like to know what show that was taken from, I don't recognize it. Maybe it was a local show somewhere.

Archived