LED ZEPPELIN CONCERT

Varrace

OK, guys. Just a friendly post to put an end to this before someone gets insulted and gets their feelings hurt.

For all of the young newbies:

There will probably never, ever, be another Led Zeppelin concert because Robert and JPJ and Jason have their own seperate projects and have no time or interest in another reunion. They want to move on, not live in the past. Fans need to accept that reality and move on and appreciate seeing JPJ in Them Crooked Vultures, Robert (with or without Alison), and Jimmy (if he ever plays again) when you have the oppportunity. That's probably the best that we are going to get. I love and appreciate what they are doing now, and am thankful that there are still opportunities to see them in person with their new projects.

This topic has been talked about, ad nausem, for years, on our forum. Please look at some of the old threads for more information on this topic. Look around here a bit. You will learn alot about the band, and you will find that alot of your questions about the band have already been answered on past threads. Alot of the members here have been life-long Led Zeppelin fans and are a treasure of knowledge about them. We are so lucky that they have been so generous in sharing their information and stories about the band. Thanks to them for making this such a wonderful forum.

And to the newbies: Welcome! smile.gif

OK, guys. Just a friendly post to put an end to this before someone gets insulted and gets their feelings hurt.

For all of the young newbies:

There will probably never, ever, be another Led Zeppelin concert because Robert and JPJ and Jason have their own seperate projects and have no time or interest in another reunion. They want to move on, not live in the past. Fans need to accept that reality and move on and appreciate seeing JPJ in Them Crooked Vultures, Robert (with or without Alison), and Jimmy (if he ever plays again) when you have the oppportunity. That's probably the best that we are going to get. I love and appreciate what they are doing now, and am thankful that there are still opportunities to see them in person with their new projects.

This topic has been talked about, ad nausem, for years, on our forum. Please look at some of the old threads for more information on this topic. Look around here a bit. You will learn alot about the band, and you will find that alot of your questions about the band have already been answered on past threads. Alot of the members here have been life-long Led Zeppelin fans and are a treasure of knowledge about them. We are so lucky that they have been so generous in sharing their information and stories about the band. Thanks to them for making this such a wonderful forum.

And to the newbies: Welcome! smile.gif

Hello BUCK EYE DOC!

Very nicely stated :goodpost:

...and about this "not living in the past" thing. Why did Led Zeppelin not just quit in 1974 so that they would not live in past playing old songs and doing new ones? Weren't they treading on the past by album number 2 in 1969 anyway?

...and about this "not living in the past" thing. Why did Led Zeppelin not just quit in 1974 so that they would not live in past playing old songs and doing new ones? Weren't they treading on the past by album number 2 in 1969 anyway?

:wtf:

why would they quit at the peak of their game when they had everything going for them?

it would've made sense and maybe people would have accepted them packing it in after the abrupt end of the tour in 77, but i don't think that myself. Point is, Led Zeppelin went just about as far as it could and i applaud them for not bringing in another drummer after Bonzo.

And to add to the original question, probably never.

Why would anyone get insulted and get their feelings hurt over this subject?

Well...not that they should, or would, but sometimes, not all the time, things, or comments, might get a tad, or alot, out of control, or beyond civil limits amongst LZ family and friends. :whistling: Just saying.

Well...not that they should, or would, but sometimes, not all the time, things, or comments, might get a tad, or alot, out of control, or beyond civil limits amongst LZ family and friends. :whistling: Just saying.

Especially when people post deliberately false information about "upcoming shows" designed to either get the rumor mills cranked up again or make fun of the questioner.

And with regard to the other point--it should hardly need saying, but throughout the 70s they were still writing and recording new material and the band was continuing to evolve rather than resting on past successes. The perception (probably correct, sadly) on the part of many is that if they were to reunite now, people would only be interested in past material, even if they DID come up with new stuff.

You know, you've gotta point and I think I understand where your coming from with the above statement. If I may, they were a viable working band in 1969 - but haven't been since 1980. I guess it just depends on where any of us were during their viable days. Having said that, I'd be the last one to complain about the remaining members reforming and Getting The Led Out smile.gif Lifes short and as they say, "you can't take it with ya"

Especially when people post deliberately false information about "upcoming shows" designed to either get the rumor mills cranked up again or make fun of the questioner.

And with regard to the other point--it should hardly need saying, but throughout the 70s they were still writing and recording new material and the band was continuing to evolve rather than resting on past successes. The perception (probably correct, sadly) on the part of many is that if they were to reunite now, people would only be interested in past material, even if they DID come up with new stuff.

I'm sorry I was having fun, I knew it was a NEW fan, I figured the April First date would clue them in, I was playing, and never want to offend anyone on this forum!

Rochester, New York 4/1/10

[/ Quote]

I love Led Zeppelin a bit but I'm not going to see them together ... Time has passed and none of us is the same of more than 40 years ... Reunion often are 'pathetic, disappointing ... they could not be the same of 70 years, it's absurd ... let's enjoy the music, video, still ok to love them, but that still makes sense to wait for the reunion? The Rolling Stone mimic old men themselves are painfully, of course in my opinion....