Lyrics Monitor for o2?

Think Plant will use a lyrics monitor during the big gig?

I hope he doesn't, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him peaking down to the floor a few times a song.

If I remember correctly, in the 90's, for the P7P concert, both-- Page and Plant had monitors.... Rob--- for the words, and Jimmy---for the chords...

JPJ and Jason may be the only ones not using monitors ? ?

why would he use a monitor?...dont be silly, he has been performing these songs for 40 years ffs.

He used them for his SS and P/P gigs, heck when I saw him in 01- he had a music stand with lyric sheets.

I really hope he doesn't- I feel like it takes away the spirit of the gig- makes it a glorified karaoke session

That would be REALLY lame. No offense, but he should memorize the lyrics that HE wrote.

Don't see how it would be lame.. :rolleyes:

It's not like it'll be a sing-a-long with the bouncing ball on each word. If that were the case, then you would have a point.

Besides, almost everyone forgets their own words to whatever they wrote. Even if they been doing it for years..

I wouldn't be too astonished if lyric monitors were used, as it is being filmed, so he can't afford to fluff the words.

At Aerosmith's Hard Rock Cafe London club gig earlier this year, Steven Tyler used a lyric monitor, even for the ad libs between songs. I was standing outside in the street and could see the monitor face on through the window. i was shocked to say the least, like could he not even remember the btween song banter!! :o:blink:

Prince also had a lyric person for all his O2 Arena and O2Indigo club shows. The sole job of this woman appeared to be to turn the pages in the large-format, printed lyric books he had placed on a stand at the side of the stage. :o:o:o

Indi.

Archived