Bands you think should have made it big

I'm with you r'n'rollin' man, Dead Moon was a great band. In a way they are big in the independent/underground scene and they have had a lot of influnece on new bands. Sometimes I think it's better when bands doesn't get too popular. I rather go see a band like Dead Moon in a venue with a 500 people crowd, than an arena with 30 000 people crowd. It gets more intimate and intense in small venues and you don't have to look at the band on big screens to actually see them.

I'm with you r'n'rollin' man, Dead Moon was a great band. In a way they are big in the independent/underground scene and they have had a lot of influnece on new bands. Sometimes I think it's better when bands doesn't get too popular. I rather go see a band like Dead Moon in a venue with a 500 people crowd, than an arena with 30 000 people crowd. It gets more intimate and intense in small venues and you don't have to look at the band on big screens to actually see them.

Yeah I think I see where you're coming from and I do agree. I prefer to see bands I like in small venues where I pay 20$ max most of the time if not always. I haven't gone to a big concert but I imagine this is much more pleasant. Another plus side is meeting the band afterwards for a chat, compliment, autograph. Although I would love to go to a festival like Roadburn and another in Spain - Psych Frog, which have many new bands I like.

Yeah I think I see where you're coming from and I do agree. I prefer to see bands I like in small venues where I pay 20$ max most of the time if not always. I haven't gone to a big concert but I imagine this is much more pleasant. Another plus side is meeting the band afterwards for a chat, compliment, autograph. Although I would love to go to a festival like Roadburn and another in Spain - Psych Frog, which have many new bands I like.

Yes, it's great to chat with the bandmembers afterwards. The festivals here in Europe, like Psych Frog, is often held in quite small venues too. It's quite a great scene over here for psych and garage rock bands. If I could afford it I'd be travelling around all summer to attend the festivals.. LOL

I'm only guessing here, but it sounds like English isn't their first language? Not that that would matter, if the music was any good...

Fred Cole (singer/guitarist) is a legend among the garage rock scene. He's from Portland, Oregon...

Dead Moon did extensive touring in Europe in their hey days and was quite popular. Their original records is sold for a lot of $$$ on ebay these days.

• 3 weeks later...

Any one of a number of bands from the Detroit rock scene could have and should have made it farther than they did. Of course Bob Segar and Alice Cooper became superstars as well as GFRR (although technically from Flint)and the MC5 and Stooges are legendary, but i'm talking about some lesser known bands that were really dynamite and never really made it beyond the state borders. Namely, the Frost, SRC, Rationals, Savage Grace, Third Power and a group that used to blow my mind every time i saw them, Catfish (featuring the Hodge brothers, who could easily have been the heaviest tag team wrestling duo of the day). There are tons of even lesser know groups that i've probably forgotten about. It was a great time to be young and impressionable.

Any one of a number of bands from the Detroit rock scene could have and should have made it farther than they did.

You don`t claim Ted Nugent nor my two personal favorites, Dennis Coffey and Rare Earth?

Archived