Forty-seven dolphins have beached themselves following the BP oil disaster.

Atlas

no, I could care less about pensioners.

You've just nullified any point you were trying to make. You want justice done but you don't care about the innocents who get screwed along the way? Nice. You're all heart. :rolleyes:

Forty-seven out of hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

Good to see America's fascination with dolphins is alive and well. dry.gif

One is too many. Sea Turtles which are on the endangered species list are also dying not to mention the plankton and coral at the bottom of the ocean, affecting food chains.

You've just nullified any point you were trying to make. You want justice done but you don't care about the innocents who get screwed along the way? Nice. You're all heart. rolleyes.gif

I am sorry Mangani.

I`m about sick of it by now.

Of BP, Bobby Jindal and Anderson Cooper CNN Live from the banks of the Mississippi in New Orleans.

Every day I am reminded its Day 69 of the Gulf Disaster. Reminds me of the Iranian Hostage Situation and that went on for 444 days

And now a damn hurricane is churning up the Gulf.

Whats next?

As far as getting screwed, your legged humped, or having a heart, you should try to buy Gulf seafood now.

And butt-ugly brown pelicans, did they ever get fowled, first by God/Mother Nature, then by oil.

Dolphins, I love Flipper.

Well, I`m just sorry for BP, life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have, the less crap you have to eat.

Too bad the bread will run out soon.

I am sorry Mangani.

Of BP, Bobby Jindal and Anderson Cooper CNN Live from the banks of the Mississippi in New Orleans.

Include the Obama administration in a list you are sick of (for not doing all they could) and I will be with you. :(

As far as getting screwed, your legged humped, or having a heart, you should try to buy Gulf seafood now.

I understand your anger and frustration. But not caring a jot about who else might also suffer down the line doesn't help to pull people on your side.

Just saying. ;)

I am sorry Mangani.

Every day I am reminded its Day 69 of the Gulf Disaster. Reminds me of the Iranian Hostage Situation and that went on for 444 days

And now a damn hurricane is churning up the Gulf.

Whats next?

And butt-ugly brown pelicans, did they ever get fowled, first by God/Mother Nature, then by oil.

Dolphins, I love Flipper.

Well, I`m just sorry for BP, life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have, the less crap you have to eat.

Too bad the bread will run out soon.

Like I said awhile back, you yanks should go & see whether you get any sympathy from the people of Bhopal or the Niger delta.

Fucking NIMBYS.

Like I said awhile back, you yanks should go & see whether you get any sympathy from the people of Bhopal or the Niger delta.

Fucking NIMBYS.

Gee whiz, this is in my back yard, I live on the Louisiana Gulf coast.

Tripmender, what are you?

An acid guru or a customer service rep for Virgin Altantic?

A yank, the only thing I detest more than being called a Yank is a frog by a horse-faced Brit.

Hello All!

As I grew up in New Orleans and still have all of my family in this region we have had many discussions on this. This man made disaster is beyond disgusting. As a lover of nature and animals I find this deeply heartbreaking. Some of my family/friends support more drilling and in deeper waters. I think until these oil companies can come up with a way to make sure this does not happen again, or if it does they should know how to fix it immediately we should be careful. I realize that a lot of people in the region make their living on the oil rigs, docks etc....but there are also people who make a living off of the seafood that is produced in this area. This IMHO is going to be a catastrophe that will take decades to really recover and some things will never recover.

Greed...isn't it grand :angry: It amazes me that the world is 7/10 water which can be utilized for electricity and wind is free, and yet oil still dominates?? :rolleyes:

A yank, the only thing I detest more than being called a Yank is a frog by a horse-faced Brit.

Well now seeing as a large proportion of Americans are descended from "Brits" wouldn't a large amount of Americans also be horse faced then LOL? :D

Plant, Page, Jones and Bonham don't look 'horse faced' to me. ;)

We MADE you. Never forget that.

Well now seeing as a large proportion of Americans are descended from "Brits" wouldn't a large amount of Americans also be horse faced then LOL? biggrin.gif

Plant, Page, Jones and Bonham don't look 'horse faced' to me. wink.gif

Sorry for the cheap shot Mangani, that was below the belt. bagoverhead.gif

I`m of French descent but I just hate being called a Frog.

As far as horse-faced, I rest my case and I apologized in advance.

042508_winehouse.jpg

^

Haha not guilty. :P

Amy Winehouse is of Jewish Russian descent. She doesn't count. :D

Princess Anne on the other hand. Yikes. :o

Mind you nobody is more horse faced than Dutch footballer Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Hello All!

As I grew up in New Orleans and still have all of my family in this region we have had many discussions on this. This man made disaster is beyond disgusting. As a lover of nature and animals I find this deeply heartbreaking. Some of my family/friends support more drilling and in deeper waters. I think until these oil companies can come up with a way to make sure this does not happen again, or if it does they should know how to fix it immediately we should be careful. I realize that a lot of people in the region make their living on the oil rigs, docks etc....but there are also people who make a living off of the seafood that is produced in this area. This IMHO is going to be a catastrophe that will take decades to really recover and some things will never recover.

Greed...isn't it grand :angry: It amazes me that the world is 7/10 water which can be utilized for electricity and wind is free, and yet oil still dominates?? :rolleyes:

Good post. It's amazing how people lose sight of why there are companies out there drilling for oil in the first place.

If there wasn't a market for oil then there wouldn't be these disasters in the first place. This is not the first time there has been a major oil disaster in the world. It will continue to happen as long as mankind wants to live the way it does. It's not going to change unless the oil runs out. ;)

^

Haha not guilty. tongue.gif

Amy Winehouse is of Jewish Russian descent. She doesn't count. biggrin.gif

Princess Anne on the other hand. Yikes. ohmy.gif

Mind you nobody is more horse faced than Dutch footballer Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Busted.

Amy Housewine, flavor Tickle Pink or Manischewitz, bad example.

You got me, those Royals sure get around don`t they?

Especially on a "FOX" hunt.

What ever happened to Koo Stark?

IMO, BP just happens to be the company who hit the lotto on the bad side. We all use energy. Even though I ride a bike to work most days, I run my AC more than I need. Nonetheless, I fully agree with this woman regarding who should be overseeing the day-to-day cleanup operations.

Well, that's my point. We seldom hear about the less attractive members of the plant and animal kingdoms but fawn over those clever dolphins...

I think Denis Leary said it best:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Your point was, that not enough dolphins have died, that it would matter!! You know exactly that is what you meant!!

And what's these about not hearing about other species????!!! Shouldn't that make you more worried?? You sound like they just mentioned dolphins, because people care for them more then for other sea creatures and at the same time you admit that bothers you because you know, that so many other animals are dying and are not being mentioned??!! What's your point??

Are you trying to say, they should mention thousand of other species of animals and plants, that are dying because of the oil disaster or are you indeed trying to say you just don't care for those animals and you just feel they are bringing dolphins up, to play on people's emotions and that the whole disaster is no big thing!!??

I know you don't care for ecology and democrats and ofcourse the importance of oil is one of your favourite daily topics, but this is a bit too much!!!

Hello All!

On June 26 Hands Across the Sand was held "To organize a national movement to oppose offshore oil drilling and champion clean energy and renewables. These gatherings will bring thousands of American citizens to our beaches and cities and will draw metaphorical and actual lines in the sand; human lines in the sand against the threat oil drilling poses to Americas coastal economies and marine environment."

"To convince our State Legislators, Governors, Congress and President Obama to stop the expansion of offshore oil drilling and to adopt policies encouraging clean and renewable energy sources. America needs legislation that creates tax incentives and subsidies to encourage the growth of clean energy and renewable industries for Americas future."

"The Movement Started In Florida

In Florida on Saturday, February 13, 2010, a statewide gathering against offshore oil drilling occurred. Thousands of Floridians representing 60 towns and cities and over 90 beaches joined hands to protest the efforts by the Florida Legislature and the US Congress to lift the ban on oil drilling in the near and off shores of Florida. Floridas Hands Across The Sand event was the largest gathering in the history of Florida united against oil drilling. Thousands joined hands from Jacksonville to Miami Beach and Key West to Pensacola Beach, each against oil drilling in Floridas waters."

No doubt their message is very important, but "cutting back" on energy usage and "giving up" wasteful lifestyles is never mentioned. I'd be willing to give up everything to stop disasters like this from happening in the future, and to stop "oil wars" too, but when I mention possibilities like "living like the Amish" people just laugh, they say it's impossible. And most seem to think all that is needed are better safety procedures for oil drilling ... even after seeing videos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39KC6hR_Fhk&feature=related :tears:

My main point is 47 is an infitesimal number that was only reported because America has a dolphin fetish.

It was reported because it happened! And 47 is probably just a beggining! And it's not that little at all, i'm shure there were no such things reported and spotted before the disaster!

And what were your other points??

My main point is 47 is an infitesimal number that was only reported because America has a dolphin fetish.

Even to lose just one innocent dolphin, pelican, turtle or whatever it may be due to this type of man made disaster is to many. These magnificent creatures do not do anything that in any way merits our treatment of them in this way. IMHO,it's a disgrace, period! I can only speak for myself.I do not have a fetish, just simply a respect for living things and this is no respectful way for these creatures that inhabit our waters and oceans to have to be put through.

Archived