The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

It’s funny they didn’t release anything special for the debut album’s 50th anniversary, this is the triple deluxe release of the Paranoid album.

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Not sure why they didn't.

Yesterday I went to my record shop to go buy Led Zeppelin’s The Complete BBC Sessions, which they didn’t have not even the regular BBC Sessions, but they had all the rest of the Zeppelin stuff, funny enough and I saw the Black Sabbath self titled LP, but it was no different than the regular album it just had a purplish hype sticker on it saying the 50th anniversary LP with the classics listed on the sticker, nothing extra.

Edited by RainbowElf
Typo

On 8/6/2020 at 11:56 PM, luvlz2 said:

Hey luvlz2, in that article it mentions 5LPs/4CDs, yet I only see the LPs shown in the picture and after the CD mention, you don't hear about the CDs anymore.

So is that coming with the CDs do you know?

4 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Hey luvlz2, in that article it mentions 5LPs/4CDs, yet I only see the LPs shown in the picture and after the CD mention, you don't hear about the CDs anymore.

So is that coming with the CDs do you know?

It's either the vinyl edition or the CD edition, not both. https://www.black-sabbath.com/2020/08/paranoid-50th-anniv-deluxe-edition/

Edited by luvlz2

What is Black Sabbath Online?

A Sabbath Fan Site by Joe Siegler. Right above the preorder link it says "Also available as a 4CD set."

Edited by luvlz2

I just clicked on it, it doesn’t give you an option to but the CD edition only has the LPs.

A 4CD edition was released back in 2016: https://www.discogs.com/Black-Sabbath-Paranoid-Super-Deluxe/release/9341417

The only difference is that it's being put out on vinyl now.

Edited by luvlz2

3 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I see, what is that Black Sabbath Online an official webpage?

No, it is not an official band website, nor has the webmaster Joe Siegler ever made that claim. It is a fan site only. See the second paragraph of the welcome on the home page.

Edited by luvlz2

51 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

What an incredible Mike Millard recording! Best live version of War Pigs I've ever heard!

Wow, that is a great recording/show, love Iommi's tone.  Didn't know Millard recorded Sabbath (although I shouldn't be surprised).  Did this recently come out, I don't recall ever coming across it.

15 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Wow, that is a great recording/show, love Iommi's tone.  Didn't know Millard recorded Sabbath (although I shouldn't be surprised).  Did this recently come out, I don't recall ever coming across it.

Yes it was recently discovered along with recordings of other bands.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:46 PM, luvlz2 said:

No, it is not an official band website, nor has the webmaster Joe Siegler ever made that claim. It is a fan site only. See the second paragraph of the welcome on the home page.

For a whopping $110 bucks you’d think they would include the 4 CDs along with the LPs, that’s a lot of money.

• 4 weeks later...