The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

11 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

Yeah it looks that way, doesn't it JohnOsbourne, I already have Asbury Park NJ 75 twice on bootleg, nice sounding too.

If they ever released the legendary jam w/Zep which likely happened during the Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath sessions (well, not so much a jam as noodling about in the studio, but still), that would be big news.

Edited by JohnOsbourne

8 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

If they ever released the legendary jam w/Zep which likely happened during the Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath sessions (well, not so much a jam as noodling about in the studio, but still), that would be big news.

Black Zeppelin, that would be awesome to get that as an extra,

• 3 months later...

Call me blinkered, but for me Sabbath aint Sabbath without Ozzy. Same as Skynyrd without Ronnie, Queen without Freddie, Purple without Gillan.

Just my own opinion for what its worth. 

Some might disagree, but that's ok. Each to his own. 

I generally prefer to listen to the first Sabbath albums up to Sabotage. Technical Ecstacy and Never Say Die I never really rated as highly as the earlier albums

15 hours ago, Aitch58 said:

Call me blinkered, but for me Sabbath aint Sabbath without Ozzy. Same as Skynyrd without Ronnie, Queen without Freddie, Purple without Gillan.

Just my own opinion for what its worth. 

Some might disagree, but that's ok. Each to his own. 

I generally prefer to listen to the first Sabbath albums up to Sabotage. Technical Ecstacy and Never Say Die I never really rated as highly as the earlier albums

Never Say Die is terrible, I agree, but you should definitely give Technical Ecstasy a second listen.  I used to dislike it too, but I now realize it's akin to their Presence album, a definite negative vibe but some real emotion and great playing there.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:06 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

Never Say Die is terrible, I agree, but you should definitely give Technical Ecstasy a second listen.  I used to dislike it too, but I now realize it's akin to their Presence album, a definite negative vibe but some real emotion and great playing there.

Never Say Die! is one of my favorite Sabbath albums.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:13 AM, RainbowElf said:

Never Say Die! is one of my favorite Sabbath albums.

I kind of rank it similarly to ITTOD;  there are some great individual songs, but collectively it shows a band that just doesn't know where they're going.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:09 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

I kind of rank it similarly to ITTOD;  there are some great individual songs, but collectively it shows a band that just doesn't know where they're going.

I like it and the album cover art.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...