The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pick up The Mob Rules on vinyl yesterday. Can’t say I loved it at the time, I was an Ozzy guy. But looking back, I was wrong, so wrong. The first two Dio era albums are balls out fantastic. I can’t understand how Turn Up The Night hasn’t been included in any live release.

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Heh, I was the exact opposite.  I loved Sabbath's sound, but thought Ozzy was a mediocre singer at best.  When he left and they got RJD...I was ecstatic!

Agree, never understood the love for Ozzy, the guy is not a very good singer in general and is just a clown. RJD was a world of improvement over Ozzy. Some of Ozzy's solo stuff is quite good even with his singing, but RJD took Sabbath to a whole new level.

People tend to forget just how derided Sabbath were before grunge led to them being reappraised in the early 90s.
Prior to that, Sabbath fans were definitely a breed apart - there was something about Sabbath that connected with particular people in ways that other bands didn't.
I was one of them and the endless shit I used to hear from normal rock fans who didn't get it - they can't sing, they can't play, they're too heavy, they're too slow, there's no melodies, blah, etc. As if any of that ever mattered in the slightest. It's not a talent contest. The only thing that matters: 'do you like it?'

On 3/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

This is a really fun rocker, but I can see why it was left off Heaven and Hell;  sounds a bit too Rainbow-ish for a Sabbath album.  Would love to hear more Sabbath outtakes.  

I like it it sounds like something more out of Elf than Rainbow or Sabbath.

On 3/11/2021 at 9:45 PM, luvlz2 said:

Cool video thanks for posting,

How come Led Zeppelin doesn’t have anything like this, weren’t they bigger and more popular and influential?