The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

On 3/24/2021 at 4:13 PM, Stryder1978 said:

Ray Gillan just KILLED it back in the day (whether it be Ozzy, Dio, or Hughes material).  R.I.P.

I was at this gig. The stage was set up like some sort of medieval ruin and Tony Iommi appeared out of a damn coffin...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry RainbowElf... I just saw this. it was pretty incredible. Bill Ward was still in the band. He left the tour a week or 2 after this show. I was already a major Dio fan for about 2-3 years at this point. It was my first time seeing Black Sabbath too. I didn't see the original band until Ozzfest 1999. It was also originally a Blue Oyster Cult show we had tickets for. About a week before the scheduled date, the concert was pushed back a day and Black Sabbath were added. They both had the same Manager at the time, Sandy Pearlman. Bill Ward seemed a little out of it, but listening back to some of it now, he sounds quite good. Blue Oyster Cult were super tight and went on last. This show was recorded and Broadcasted by The King Bisquit Flower Hour which explains why there are a professional recording.   

10 hours ago, the chase said:

I'm sorry RainbowElf... I just saw this. it was pretty incredible. Bill Ward was still in the band. He left the tour a week or 2 after this show. I was already a major Dio fan for about 2-3 years at this point. It was my first time seeing Black Sabbath too. I didn't see the original band until Ozzfest 1999. It was also originally a Blue Oyster Cult show we had tickets for. About a week before the scheduled date, the concert was pushed back a day and Black Sabbath were added. They both had the same Manager at the time, Sandy Pearlman. Bill Ward seemed a little out of it, but listening back to some of it now, he sounds quite good. Blue Oyster Cult were super tight and went on last. This show was recorded and Broadcasted by The King Bisquit Flower Hour which explains why there are a professional recording.   

Thank you, Chase.

4 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Hey luvlz2, if you don’t mind, when you get a date or preorder link for the coffee table book when it’ll be available with the link please let us know, I’ll do the same if I find out.

Thank you!

You bet.

7 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

^^You can register to get exclusive news about it here:  https://www.rufuspublications.com/sabbath-the-dio-years

I did already luvlz2, problem!is  it has to be imported from England, so it’ll take a little longer to arrive, but that’s cool as long as I get it.

Thanks brother!

On 4/14/2021 at 11:41 PM, luvlz2 said:

Thanks for all the Sabbath updates luvl2, I find it weird that they're doing these Zeppelin type Super Deluxe Editions, but out of sequence, and no 50th Anniversary special for the eponymous release one of the most important debuts of all time, so much material they have for that one from The Earth days.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:19 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

This kind of thing is always exciting news, but it doesn't look like the Sabotage reissue will have as many goodies as the Vol. 4 reissue.  

Yeah it looks that way, doesn't it JohnOsbourne, I already have Asbury Park NJ 75 twice on bootleg, nice sounding too.