Classic Rock magazine

EricZepp

There is a good 12-page feature on the making of Graffiti in this months Classic Rock magazine, lots of unseen (by me at least) pics including a very hot shot of Lori Maddox. The magazine is inside a pastiche of the album cover complete with the white card insert! They have changed all the photos on the inner sleeve too - if anyone knows who the lady is hiding behind the chess piece, I'd like to know! (They also give 8/10 to the Band of Joy album, calling it 'disappointing yet infectious'.)

Indeed. They dont put albums out like that anymore.

Yeah, they do. "Good" music isn't confined to just one era. I grew up in the 70s and love music from that time period but I'm also very fond of music from other eras, especially the present one.

Yeah, they do. "Good" music isn't confined to just one era. I grew up in the 70s and love music from that time period but I'm also very fond of music from other eras, especially the present one.

There's a ton of great music out there right now. Just in the last 5 or 6 years, I've become a massive fan of Goldfrapp and Sigur Ros. I think the style of rock and roll that those albums represent won't be happening again, but the quality of the music is still there. You just have to be willing to look for it.

Even better, David Gilmour and The Orb are doing an album, that's due to be released October 12th. That's a combo of then and now, as far as I see it. I can't wait to pick that up -- it might be my #1 buy of the year, surpassing Head First by Goldfrapp. We shall see......

There's a ton of great music out there right now. Just in the last 5 or 6 years, I've become a massive fan of Goldfrapp and Sigur Ros. I think the style of rock and roll that those albums represent won't be happening again, but the quality of the music is still there. You just have to be willing to look for it.

Even better, David Gilmour and The Orb are doing an album, that's due to be released October 12th. That's a combo of then and now, as far as I see it. I can't wait to pick that up -- it might be my #1 buy of the year, surpassing Head First by Goldfrapp. We shall see......

Absolutely agree - tons of great stuff out there today. Wow - I didn't know Gilmour and the Orb are doing an album. Fantastic news - I love The Orb (and of course David).

1975 ?

You forgot Visions of the Emerald Beyond, FreeHand, Blow by Blow, Minstrel in the Gallery, One Size Fits All, The Rotter's Club, Tale Spinnin', Aurora.....

geez, let's go beyond just the surface, how 'bout it ?

Absolutely agree - tons of great stuff out there today. Wow - I didn't know Gilmour and the Orb are doing an album. Fantastic news - I love The Orb (and of course David).

Yeah, I was surprised too, as when I had heard they were working together waaaaaay back in October of 2009, I didn't think much would come from it. The little I heard in the EPK video for the album is phenomenal. Then again, it's David Gilmour so of course it is. He even used the NOS replica of his Black Strat, which is pretty cool. Apparently the pick-ups in that guitar are better than the ones in the real thing! :lol:

can u buy this magazine online? or do i have to subscribe?

You can buy it in Tesco, Led Zep Girl - that's where I got mine. (Nice to see a relevant reply, thanks - I had to re-check my original post, because for a minute there, I thought maybe I'd created a 1975 / Pink Floyd thread! But entering into in the spirit of things, Shaved Fish is a compilation, and Young Americans happens to be my least favourite prime-era Bowie album.)

1975 ?

You forgot Visions of the Emerald Beyond, FreeHand, Blow by Blow, Minstrel in the Gallery, One Size Fits All, The Rotter's Club, Tale Spinnin', Aurora.....

geez, let's go beyond just the surface, how 'bout it ?

Warrior on the Edge of Time, Sabotage, Armageddon, Bandolier, Hair of the Dog, Come Taste the Band, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel.

Yes indeed Ady, SABOTAGE! Holy shit, what an album that was. And what about 'One Of These Nights'? That's my favourite Eagles album, before the schlock set in.

Of course, there were some real dogs too. I've already mentioned 'Young Americans'. But the booby prize for 75 must surely go to The Who By Numbers. Really, really piss-poor, and a heartbreaking let-down after Quad. They never recovered, as we now know.

can u buy this magazine online? or do i have to subscribe?

Depending on where you live you can just pick up a copy at your local news stand/bookstore. Classic Rock and MOJO are both UK magazines, so it won't be in the States till 2-3 weeks or more after it is in the UK. Barnes and Noble should carry it since they carry MOJO.

Barnes and Noble always has import music mags -- anytime I've bought copies of Q, Mojo or Classic Rock, I've gotten them there.

+1 for Barnes and Noble. I live in NJ and they are normally available within 2 weeks of UK release or sooner.

Archived