Send these albums to aliens

silvermedalist

1. Whatever the name of Justin Beiber's "album" is, but just to give them an idea of what's popular at the moment and why so many people hate his "music", not necessarily because his "music" is good.

2. Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets (Metallica) or Reign in Blood (Slayer) to give them an idea of Heavy Metal

3. Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols (Sex Pistols) to give them an idea of Punk

4. Led Zeppelin IV (Led Zeppelin) because Zeppelin, at least in my opinion, is the greatest band to have ever graced the face of this planet.

5. Thriller (Michael Jackson) the most popular album of all time on this planet, 'nuff said.

more probably later... :D

Excellent topic silvermedalist :thumbsup:

as an add on to my number 4, I know that many of my fellow Zeppelin fans would vehemently argue that Physical Graffiti is Zepp's defining record. In light of this, I think either one would be appropriate to send to the aliens. Also, I'll add another album to my list; and though it's been listed before, I think that this highlights the fact that the aliens most definately should listen to in order to understand our planet's music:

6. Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)

Thanks Kiwi! :D

You're very welcome Starbreaker! :D Here's a crazy thought...why don't we send those aliens a copy of the "This Is It" movie DVD and a couple of clips of MJ doing the "Moon Walk"?! Those creatures will sure be in for a treat! :DB)

My imagination is sure running wild at the moment! :lol:

So much music to choose from but given that the technology is space age 20th century, I'll add what I think would be appropriate

1 Beatles..Revolver

2 Jimi Hendrix..Electric Ladyland

3 Led Zeppelin 1

4 Rolling Stones..Sticky Fingers

5 Allman Brothers...Live At The Fillmore East

Could have added plenty more but those 5 will have to do :wave:

So much music to choose from but given that the technology is space age 20th century, I'll add what I think would be appropriate

1 Beatles..Revolver

3 Led Zeppelin 1

I can't believe I forgot about these gems! Good thinking Ally! :D And I think I'll add "Axis : Bold As Love" to my list too! :D

1 Beatles..Revolver

3 Led Zeppelin 1

Wow Ally, suprised you would pick Led Zeppelin I? To me IV is the standout. Then I would go with a tie between II and PG. Just dont send them that Iron Butterfly classic. Innagoddadavida. I have no clue how to spell it, but I sure know the song. Makes Smoke on the Water sound so technically advanced.

1. Zep IV

2. The Very Best of Aretha Franklin

3. Concert For George

4. Malika -E- Ghazal - Begum Akhtar - In Mehfil (recital of Poetry/Music-Urdu/Persian)

5. Abraxas - Carlos Santana

...IMHO these albums cover the sounds from every corner of Planet Earth and I am quite happy to deliver them all the way to PlanetPage et all......... :elvis2:

.... I won't send Hot Pic's of Jimmy and Robert, Aliens will fall love with them, they will forget about the music ;) ;) :fan:

Rethinking all of this, perhaps I should have made it what CD's would you have burned to send to them. ie, a list of seperate songs rather than albums? So if you would want to do that too, it might be a good idea. Just an example, burn a CD with the following songs:

Strangers in the Night (Sinatra)

Stairway to Heaven (LZ)

Frankenstein (Winter)

The Great Gig in the Sky

or Welcome to the Machine (Pink Floyd)

Surfer Girl (Beach Boys)

Hotel California (Eagles)

Across the Universe (Beatles)

etc etc you get the idea. So, if you would rather create your own for fun, so be it.

Well I have about 3 more picks that I am still thinking about. I would venture to step outside the box and choose the sound track from my favorite musical.

8. Singing In The Rain

Hell, just send the DVD so they can get the whole picture so to speak to go with the music.

Well I have about 3 more picks that I am still thinking about. I would venture to step outside the box and choose the sound track from my favorite musical.

8. Singing In The Rain

Hell, just send the DVD so they can get the whole picture so to speak to go with the music.

Gene Kelly! So who do you like as a dancer the best? Kelly? Astaire? Travolta? I know, off topic. back on, lets throw in the Wizard of Oz and Judy Garland doing "Over the Rainbow".

Gene Kelly! So who do you like as a dancer the best? Kelly? Astaire? Travolta? I know, off topic. back on, lets throw in the Wizard of Oz and Judy Garland doing "Over the Rainbow".

Gene Kelly for sure, although Fred Astaire is very good too. Travolta not so much.

Led Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV, Physical Graffiti)

Pink Floyd (Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall)

The Beatles (Revolver, Help!, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles, Abbey Road)

Jimi Hendrix (Are You Experienced?, Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland)

Hawkwind (In Search Of Space, Hall Of The Mountain Grill, Space Ritual)

Ludwig Van Beethoven (All compositions and works)

Elvis Presley (Elvis Presley and all other songs)

Just to name a few. I think you could send pretty much any Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Hawkwind album to aliens. I think they would have liked it. :)

Did you look at my picks? I've tried to cover different types and eras of music. Johnny Cash, Glenn Miller, Enya, musicals, Woodstock.

I got one more pick left and still thinking about it.

Nice picks Marge. I have been checking them out. It would be tough to send only ten. I like the Rover's list for rock.

Various Artists The Harder They Come Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

R.E.M. Fables of the Reconstruction

David Lindley & El Rayo-X El Rayo-X

Leon Russell Hank Wilson's Back, Vol. 1

Whiskeytown Strangers Almanac

Jimmy Buffett A1A

Peter Tosh Equal Rights

Megafaun Gather, Form & Fly

Earl Scruggs Revue Live! From Austin City Limits

Old & In the Way Old & In the Way

Archived