RP & The BOJ - Bowery Ballroom, NY

sam_webmaster

If I take Amtrak to Pennsylvania Station, how would I then get to the Bowery Ballroom? I'd be coming from Philly. Anyone else from Philly going??

You have a couple of pretty good options.

1) Taxi- it's the easiest and depending on when you head down might or might not be the fastest. No traffic- s/b a 10 minute ride. With traffic- varies. Since it's a Sunday you're probably ok. Should not be more than $15 with tip.

2) Subway with a few choices.

- Walk out of Penn Station across West 32nd Street and take the downtown "F" train to DELANCEY STREET. Walk WEST a few blocks back.

- Take the "A" train downtown to West 4th Street and transfer to the downtown "F" train to get to DELANCEY STREET.

- Take the aforementioned 'F' train to 2nd Avenue, one stop before Delancey Street and enjoy perusing all the many establishments along the way before walking 10 minutes or so downtown to Bowery Ballroom. The Lower East Side has exploded in the last few years with all kinds of cool restaurants, bars, lounges, shops, cafes, etc.

Since it's a Sunday you can check the NYC MTA website for weekend advisories. http://www.mta.info/nyct/

Hope this helps!

Seems like this sold out quickly- I logged and submitted a buy request at 12:03 PM EDT and no tickets were avaiilable!

I called TicketMaster and the automated menu said tickets for this show were not available through TicketMaster at this time. :o

Great for Robert, but I really wanted to catch this show! :(

Don't you think something's wrong? Usually Ticketmaster will tell you the show is sold out? Maybe they didn't hook this up right. Good OLE Ticketmaster. Let me know if anyone gets through??

I'm thinking there might be something wrong at Ticketmaster too- you'd think the recording could say "sold out" if it is. Going to get on with my day and check back in an hour or so to see if things there have changed.

Edit: read your follow-up post. Bowery Ballroom is definitely a small venue (smaller than Roseland if you've ever been there), so it's possible that they had like 100 tickets available and they went in the first 10 seconds. Annoying if that's the case.

I'm thinking there might be something wrong at Ticketmaster too- you'd think the recording could say "sold out" if it is. Going to get on with my day and check back in an hour or so to see if things there have changed.

I actualy got in had a ticket,then hit cancel order by accident now I cant get back in UGH

I went on trying a few minutes beforehand. I tried a few times when the tickets were available and it said that "No tickets are available for this event". I tried again and made sure I clicked for price "$60", instead of "Any Price" and for seating "General Admission" instead of "Best Available". Well anyway this was my third try at 12:03 pm and I scored them!

:cheer::chickeddance: I guess I just lucked out.

I hope the rest of you have as good luck as I did. :yesnod:

Does anyone know what the seating capacity is at The Bowery?

I know it says General Admission, but when I printed my confirmation it said for Section: GA Row: GA5 and also a seat number too. So maybe it's not standing and there is seating. Anyone have info on this?

Yes, standing room only. I saw JPJ with the Mutual Admiration Society there in 2005. You could stand in the back and still be close to the stage. I'm so ticked I can't make the show but no way am I missing the Eagles game. I'm sure he'll be back later down the road. He better be!:o

I went on trying a few minutes beforehand. I tried a few times when the tickets were available and it said that "No tickets are available for this event". I tried again and made sure I clicked for price "$60", instead of "Any Price" and for seating "General Admission" instead of "Best Available". Well anyway this was my third try at 12:03 pm and I scored them!

:cheer::chickeddance: I guess I just lucked out.

I hope the rest of you have as good luck as I did. :yesnod:

Does anyone know what the seating capacity is at The Bowery?

I know it says General Admission, but when I printed my confirmation it said for Section: GA Row: GA5 and also a seat number too. So maybe it's not standing and there is seating. Anyone have info on this?

Congrats- glad you scored tickets. At this point I'm resigning myself to paying scalpers' prices (ugh).

Re: Bowery Ballroom- it's definitely open/standing room with some special table seating in the balcony area(s). On the main floor it's all General Admission and no seats.

It's going to be a great show- this is an awesome venue for this. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Congrats- glad you scored tickets. At this point I'm resigning myself to paying scalpers' prices (ugh).

Re: Bowery Ballroom- it's definitely open/standing room with some special table seating in the balcony area(s). On the main floor it's all General Admission and no seats.

It's going to be a great show- this is an awesome venue for this. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks for the info TonyV and Wolfman. It's just too bad that everyone here seems to be getting shut out of this show! :angry:

One scalper's already selling for a whopping $500 on ebay,GA ticket!! :angry:

Now since this is a will call pickup, now don't you have to present your ID with the name that purchased the tix as well as the credit card used? I would think that would make pickup difficult if you bought these from a scalper etc.

Now since this is a will call pickup, now don't you have to present your ID with the name that purchased the tix as well as the credit card used? I would think that would make pickup difficult if you bought these from a scalper etc.

Here's one example:

MUST MEET OUTSIDE VENUE, THIS SHOW IS WILL CALL ONLY, I MUST WALK YOU IN

NO TICKETS WILL BE DELIVERED.

CONTACT INFO EXCHANGED UPON COMPLETED PAYMENT.

PAYPAL ONLY-NO E-CHECKS

ALL SALES FINAL-REFUND FOR CANCELLATION OF EVENT ONLY

YOU MUST BE 18+ TO ENTER THE CLUB

QUESTIONS? EMAIL BEFORE BUYING

12 YEARS ON EBAY-SEE MY PERFECT FEEDBACK BID WITH CONFIDENCE

What does that tell you? <_<

Archived