Pope apologises to Priests' Victims

kenog

I like a little Schadenfreude with my Weltanschauung - it's always amusing to watch the Left-Footers squirm whenever someone lifts their rock and shines a light on them.

26 posts in, and nobody's even mentioned condoms being 'permeable to AIDS' yet. And this scientifically-proven bullshit comes not from the lunatic fringe or the rogue priests, but from the very top, flagrantly and unashamedly.

There is good and evil in all people and religions, and Catholicism certainly has its fair share of the latter - even in its overt doctrine, unusually for such an ostensibly benevolent organisation. They don't even bother to hide it away in the footnotes, or blame it on extremists. Let's set aside the paedophilia for a second, as that is apparently not condoned by its leaders. Look at their treatment of women - arguably as or more appalling than that of Islam.

The real tragedy here is that, in this day and age, so many people still swallow this nonsense, hook line and sinker. Thank goodness that some 'Third World Nations' can see through the lies. And thank god for Henry VIII.

Apologizing is far TOO LITTLE!!! It's like saying a 'mini Holocaust' never happened and/or apologizing to its victims!!! In my opinion, The Church has FINISHED manipulating peoples' lives!! Jesus Christ will be rolling in his grave after these UNRULY and REVOLTING facts (that, by the way, have been happening since time began, so it's NOT only a social problem of OUR time!!!!!). EVERYONE should be aware that the f**kin* POPE was a NAZI officer during the war and apart from the HORROR of first coverng up the LOUSY priests and later apologizing to the victims, he and what he represents have done many REVOLTINMG things like the Crusades, so The Church should be convicted of CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY....a sort of Nuremburg Trials for The Church and its repesantatives!!! FAITH MY ASS!!

The Christians are just an easy target.

Shouldn't the ACLU also apologize for defending NAMBLA members?

Others also put the pervert Allen Ginsberg on a pedestal.

<_<

t32304fvmkq.jpg?

You mean like Michael Savage?

I think it's really sad the way a well-intentioned organization such as the ACLU can be dragged through the mud by the scum of the earth such as Frank Collin

7116.jpg

Speaking of child buggerers" "The NSPA imploded after two stunning events: the revelation that [ leader ] Frank Collin was the son of Max Cohen, a Jewish concentration camp survivor, and the subsequent discovery, made by Lauck and two colleagues, of photographic evidence that Collin also was a homosexual child molester."

I was reading a worldwide stat the other week of the lsit of paedophiles ranked by profession...these are the results...

The GREATEST culprits abusing children are bank managers

No real suprises there. Every once in a while we see the tentacles of this ugly beast rise above the surface.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7725966698433381712

Apologizing is far TOO LITTLE!!! It's like saying a 'mini Holocaust' never happened and/or apologizing to its victims!!! In my opinion, The Church has FINISHED manipulating peoples' lives!! Jesus Christ will be rolling in his grave after these UNRULY and REVOLTING facts (that, by the way, have been happening since time began, so it's NOT only a social problem of OUR time!!!!!). EVERYONE should be aware that the f**kin* POPE was a NAZI officer during the war and apart from the HORROR of first coverng up the LOUSY priests and later apologizing to the victims, he and what he represents have done many REVOLTINMG things like the Crusades, so The Church should be convicted of CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY....a sort of Nuremburg Trials for The Church and its repesantatives!!! FAITH MY ASS!!

Woah boy! You've pretty much summarised what exactly was going through my head (word for word) this whole time about this sick issue! The only difference is that I didn't have the guts to post it but you did! Hats-off to you mate! :goodpost:B)

Apologizing is far TOO LITTLE!!! It's like saying a 'mini Holocaust' never happened and/or apologizing to its victims!!! In my opinion, The Church has FINISHED manipulating peoples' lives!! Jesus Christ will be rolling in his grave after these UNRULY and REVOLTING facts (that, by the way, have been happening since time began, so it's NOT only a social problem of OUR time!!!!!). EVERYONE should be aware that the f**kin* POPE was a NAZI officer during the war

What's a "Nazi Officer"?

Nuremburg Trials for The Church and its repesantatives!!! FAITH MY ASS!!

Wouldn't just and honest proceedings be more appropriate than another Nuernberg travesty?

This is the first I have heard of him being an officer. What a crock of shit this entire statement is. They should be convicted of crimes from the Crusades? Well then send the ancestors of southerners here to jail for their role in slavery. You are crazy.

Well, this discussion is getting pretty ugly to me. I'll just give my two cents. I think its too little too late for any apologies now! The damage has already been done and quite frankly, after all the hell those victims suffered, those wounds would probably never heal! What really made me upset was all this denial, and the literal "sweeping of the issue under the rug". And I aint against any religion because no one should ever fault another person's belief system...believe me...I should know...I do not follow any religion (yes I am an atheist)...I have my own belief system and quite frankly there is nothing wrong with that! I just don't like all the hypocrisy and "can't do anything wrong" and "holier than though" sort of attitude which some have sadly chosen to adopt!

You have your own belief system? Based on what? What do you believe? Its an easy way out. You do not have to be accountable for anything. you sit there and you cheer on someone that puts down the Catholic church throwing crazy accusations out there. ARe we talking about today or things that happened 500 years ago? This guy can hate the church all he wants, but if he is going to post this crap he is going to get a response from the other side. Well, here I am sucka! The other side. And you cant take away the teachings of Christ based on bad behavioiur by individuals that chose to use the church as a haven to hide their evil. What the church represents is still sacred. So back to you. What are you? Agnostic? Atheist? Not sure?

You have your own belief system? Based on what? What do you believe? Its an easy way out. You do not have to be accountable for anything. you sit there and you cheer on someone that puts down the Catholic church throwing crazy accusations out there. ARe we talking about today or things that happened 500 years ago? This guy can hate the church all he wants, but if he is going to post this crap he is going to get a response from the other side. Well, here I am sucka! The other side. And you cant take away the teachings of Christ based on bad behavioiur by individuals that chose to use the church as a haven to hide their evil. What the church represents is still sacred. So back to you. What are you? Agnostic? Atheist? Not sure?

Are you implying that I am confused? Because I sure as hell aint! Sorry but I didn't feel any sort of anger on reading your post. I felt a bit amused to be honest! I refuse to be provoked and lose my temper cos that aint me! Sorry! If you think I'm confused, religion wise, well alright. I can't stop you there! My parents who happen to be the most important people on this planet to me have accepted me for who I am so why the hell do I need anyone else's approval mate? LOL! :lol: And no where did I say that any religion is bad. Sorry mate! Have no intention of wasting my breath and getting into a fight with you about this stuff! Have a good day Rick! See ya! I aint gonna take it any further than this! :wave:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Are you implying that I am confused? Because I sure as hell aint! Sorry but I didn't feel any sort of anger on reading your post. I felt a bit amused to be honest! I refuse to be provoked and lose my temper cos that aint me! Sorry! If you think I'm confused, religion wise, well alright. I can't stop you there! My parents who happen to be the most important people on this planet to me have accepted me for who I am so why the hell do I need anyone else's approval mate? LOL! :lol: And no where did I say that any religion is bad. Sorry mate! Have no intention of wasting my breath and getting into a fight with you about this stuff! Have a good day Rick! See ya! I aint gonna take it any further than this! :wave:

Religion is a very bad subject to get involved with. There is that word again. Mate! It drives me crazy. At least its a word. Aint is not. Cheers

Ah, a reasonable atheist. Good on you. Most are as frightening as those hardcore fundies that come to your door asking if you've found Jesus.

I don't give radical extremists a pass. Radical extremists are not all Muslims. I don't know how many times you need to be told this before it finally sinks in, but there it is again.

I'm glad you recognize this. Most people can't figure out who the real terrorists are.

Yemeni appeal court upholds death sentence in Israel spying case

Apr 3, 2010, 10:15 GMT

Sana'a, Yemen - A Yemeni appeals court on Saturday upheld a death sentence for a man convicted of spying for Israel.

Yemeni national Bassam Abdullah al-Haidari, 27, was sentenced to death by a state security court in March 2009 after the court convicted him of establishing contacts with the office of Israel's former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, offering to work for the Mossad intelligence agency.

The appeals court also confirmed a three-year jail term for another convict in the case, Emad Ali al-Raimi, 24, and lowered the sentence for Ali Abdullah al-Mahfal, 25, from five to three years.

After the ruling was pronounced, the main convict al-Haidari lodged an appeal against it. He has the final chance to challenge to ruling before the Supreme Court.

Prosecutors have told the court that al-Haidari had sent letters by e-mail to the Israeli premier, offering to work for Mossad. They said the defendant received a positive reply from Israeli officials, who allegedly welcomed the offer.

The three men were part of a group of six suspects arrested in October 2009 over alleged links to Mossad. The three others were released before the trial, due to a lack of evidence.

The arrests were made one month after a bombing outside the US embassy in Sana'a, the responsibility for which was later claimed by al-Qaeda.

Officials have said the group sentenced Monday operated under a fake name, the 'Islamic Jihad of Yemen,' and issued false statements claiming responsibility for the US embassy attack, in which 18 people were killed, including six attackers.

I don't give radical extremists a pass. Radical extremists are not all Muslims. I don't know how many times you need to be told this before it finally sinks in, but there it is again.

Take two:

http://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html

Oppressed people cannot remain oppressed forever. The yearning for freedom eventually manifests itself, and that is what has happened to the American Negro. Something within has reminded him of his birthright of freedom, and something without has reminded him that it can be gained. Consciously or unconsciously, he has been caught up by the Zeitgeist, and with his black brothers of Africa and his brown and yellow brothers of Asia, South America and the Caribbean, the United States Negro is moving with a sense of great urgency toward the promised land of racial justice. If one recognizes this vital urge that has engulfed the Negro community, one should readily understand why public demonstrations are taking place. The Negro has many pent up resentments and latent frustrations, and he must release them. So let him march; let him make prayer pilgrimages to the city hall; let him go on freedom rides -and try to understand why he must do so. If his repressed emotions are not released in nonviolent ways, they will seek expression through violence; this is not a threat but a fact of history. So I have not said to my people: "Get rid of your discontent." Rather, I have tried to say that this normal and healthy discontent can be channeled into the creative outlet of nonviolent direct action. And now this approach is being termed extremist. But though I was initially disappointed at being categorized as an extremist, as I continued to think about the matter I gradually gained a measure of satisfaction from the label. Was not Jesus an extremist for love: "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." Was not Amos an extremist for justice: "Let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever flowing stream." Was not Paul an extremist for the Christian gospel: "I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus." Was not Martin Luther an extremist: "Here I stand; I cannot do otherwise, so help me God." And John Bunyan: "I will stay in jail to the end of my days before I make a butchery of my conscience." And Abraham Lincoln: "This nation cannot survive half slave and half free." And Thomas Jefferson: "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal . . ." So the question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be. Will we be extremists for hate or for love? Will we be extremists for the preservation of injustice or for the extension of justice? In that dramatic scene on Calvary's hill three men were crucified. We must never forget that all three were crucified for the same crime--the crime of extremism. Two were extremists for immorality, and thus fell below their environment. The other, Jesus Christ, was an extremist for love, truth and goodness, and thereby rose above his environment. Perhaps the South, the nation and the world are in dire need of creative extremists.

I've considered myself to be an agnostic atheist for a while now. I mean atheism and theism deal with disbelief or belief not necessarily with knowledge as agnosticism does. Agnosticism can go with both really. I can say I don't believe in God but I don't know or can't prove or disprove same with theism I can say I don't know with certainty but I believe in God. I think there's a misconception of atheists in that respect.

Edited by Rock N' Rollin' Man

What else can he do? I mean, I am open to answers here. I'm not personally a supporter of this current Pope or the current Catholic stance, but what more can he realistically do than apologise, anyone?

I think the Vatican could try to financially compensate those involved, but that would be massively complicated and open to (ironically), abuse.

I also think the Vatican should pay for these Papal tours - the Catholic Church is so wealthy, and there is no reason why an aetheist tax-payer should be contributing to this hugely expensive visit.

Just a couple of thoughts. I'm sure the latest round of returning banned-members will be responding soon.

Hi Knebby,

If He or the Catholic Church ADMIT to these crimes they will open up a can of worms whereby the victims can have automatic redress in a court of law because he/they have admitted to those crimes, much in the same way as Mr Blair will never admit that the war in Iraq was not justified because he would then open himself up to those same charges in a court of law, in the end its all about accountability and money, money which the catholic Church DOES not want to pay out.

The Pope is here as the Vatican's Representative and as so he gets the same courtesy as any Leader of a Nation, Robert Mugabe would get the same treatment, as would any US President, even if Communist Tax Payers in this country wanted HIM or the US to pay their own way, its a courtesy all countries extend to each other.

As i have said before, Christianity is a Bogus Religion, Jesus himself said "I have not come here to bring change, i have come to bring you all back to the way of Righteousness" or something like that. What he was saying is that He was Jewish and all Jews should go back and Worship God in the Old Ways of the Bible or Torah, not to become dissidents and form a New Religion.

And lets not forget that the Vatican worked hand in glove with the Nazi's during WW2, i believe that in essence they are as Evil and Grotesque as any Satanic Church and any Nation that put hand on heart and asks for God to Bless them is just as Evil as any that support terrorism, and there are a few that do both. :o

Enough said, Good Bless and may your Good go with you.

Regards, Danny

There is that word again. Mate! It drives me crazy. At least its a word. Aint is not. Cheers

Thank you for the vocabulary lesson Your Highness. There. Is that term better than "mate"? :angel: and I better mind my apostrophes from now on then eh? :angel:

Anyway, here is another interesting vocabulary lesson :

Definition of AIN'T

1: am not : are not : is not 2: have not : has not 3: do not : does not : did not used in some varieties of Black English

Usage Discussion of AIN'T

Although widely disapproved as nonstandard and more common in the habitual speech of the less educated, ain't in senses 1 and 2 is flourishing in American English. It is used in both speech and writing to catch attention and to gain emphasis <the wackiness of movies, once so deliciously amusing, ain't funny anymore Richard Schickel> <I am telling youthere ain't going to be any blackmail R. M. Nixon>. It is used especially in journalistic prose as part of a consistently informal style <the creative process ain't easy Mike Royko>. This informal ain't is commonly distinguished from habitual ain't by its frequent occurrence in fixed constructions and phrases <wellclass it ain't Cleveland Amory> <for money? say it ain't so, Jimmy! Andy Rooney> <you ain't seen nothing yet> <that ain't hay> <two out of three ain't bad> <if it ain't broke, don't fix it>. In fiction ain't is used for purposes of characterization; in familiar correspondence it tends to be the mark of a warm personal friendship. It is also used for metrical reasons in popular songs <Ain't She Sweet> <It Ain't Necessarily So>. Our evidence shows British use to be much the same as American.

Examples of AIN'T

1. It's a free country, ain't it?
  2. Those people ain't got a clue.
  3. Her husband left and she ain't never been the same.

Origin of AIN'T

contraction of are not

First Known Use: 1749

Rhymes with AIN'T

faint, feint, paint, plaint, quaint, saint, taint

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Thank you for the vocabulary lesson Your Highness. There. Is that term better than "mate"? :angel: and I better mind my apostrophes from now on then eh? :angel:

Anyway, here is another interesting vocabulary lesson :

Definition of AIN'T

1: am not : are not : is not 2: have not : has not 3: do not : does not : did not —used in some varieties of Black English

Usage Discussion of AIN'T

Although widely disapproved as nonstandard and more common in the habitual speech of the less educated, ain't in senses 1 and 2 is flourishing in American English. It is used in both speech and writing to catch attention and to gain emphasis <the wackiness of movies, once so deliciously amusing, ain't funny anymore — Richard Schickel> <I am telling you—there ain't going to be any blackmail — R. M. Nixon>. It is used especially in journalistic prose as part of a consistently informal style <the creative process ain't easy — Mike Royko>. This informal ain't is commonly distinguished from habitual ain't by its frequent occurrence in fixed constructions and phrases <well—class it ain't — Cleveland Amory> <for money? say it ain't so, Jimmy! — Andy Rooney> <you ain't seen nothing yet> <that ain't hay> <two out of three ain't bad> <if it ain't broke, don't fix it>. In fiction ain't is used for purposes of characterization; in familiar correspondence it tends to be the mark of a warm personal friendship. It is also used for metrical reasons in popular songs <Ain't She Sweet> <It Ain't Necessarily So>. Our evidence shows British use to be much the same as American.

Examples of AIN'T

1. It's a free country, ain't it?
  2. Those people ain't got a clue.
  3. Her husband left and she ain't never been the same.

Origin of AIN'T

contraction of are not

First Known Use: 1749

Rhymes with AIN'T

faint, feint, paint, plaint, quaint, saint, taint

Now who is over reacting. And please dont call me your highness. B)