Johnny Depp is a nice guy

Rock N' Rollin' Man

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7020152499?Johnny%20Depp%20Surprises%20Primary%20School%20With%20Unannounced%20Appearance%20Dressed%20As%20Captain%20Jack%20Sparrow

485e4177.jpg

Anne Lu - AHN Entertainment Contributor

London, United Kingdom (AHN) - Johnny Depp is just plain awesome. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star made a surprise visit to a primary school in London dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow after a 9-year-old girl asked him to help stage a mutiny against their teachers.

The Golden Globes-winning star was in south east London shooting the fourth installment of the adventure film, "Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides," when he made a surprise visit at the Meridian Primary School along with his "co-pirates."

According to the Daily Mail, Depp made the trip after Beatrice Delap, 9 wrote to him to ask for his help staging a mutiny against the teachers.

Beatrice wrote in her letter: "Captain Jack Sparrow… we are all a bunch of budding young pirates. Normally we're a right handful but we're having trouble mutinying against the teachers! We'd love it if you could come and help!"

She signed her name, calling herself "a budding pirate," then drew skull and crossbones at the end of her letter.

The school was advised just ten minutes before the star arrived in full makeup and costume as his famous character. He asked Beatrice to come forward and gave her a hello hug before he showed her classmates the letter she wrote for him.

When interviewed by London Tonight, Beatrice recalled how Depp singled her out from the crowd.

She said, "He gave me a hug and he said, 'Maybe we shouldn't mutiny today 'cos there are police outside monitoring me.'" I said, 'Yeah, that's probably a good idea.'"

This is not the first time Depp, who has two children with girlfriend Vanessa Paradis, went out of his way to surprise children. In 2008, he also made a secret visit to Great Ormond Street Hospital to donate 1 million pounds [$1.5 million] as a thank you for saving daughter Lily Rose's life.

He came to the children's wards dressed as Captain Jack to tell bedtime stories to the sick ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived