Sydney fundraising concert for QLD Flood Appeal - Tons of great bands

Reggie29

Calling all Oz and all international Forum members who may be in Oz!

Saturday, March 5 at 1:00pm - March 6 at 1:00am

Mt Druitt Workers Club (West Tradies)

247 Woodstock Ave, Dharruk

Sydney, Australia

$15 entry

Bands confirmed so far include -

Rolling Stoned - The Australian Rolling Stones Show

Zeppelin Live

The Ozrockshow

Dirty Deeds - AC DC tribute

No Secrets - Angels tribute

The Middlemen (Our band)

Kolonel Bizarre

Wayne Knight

John Kouts Allstars

The Rooty Hill Surfers

& more to be confirmed

All money made at the door will go to the flood victims in QLD

The response has been so great we may need a bigger venue.

Will keep you posted.

Hi Reggie:

Greetings from Canada

There's been much coverage on the CBC and CTV television networks about the floods..

I wish you the best with the concert....

Juliet :wave:

G'day Juliet ! :)

Back at ya! :wave:

We're expecting up to 1000 people, with print, radio and tv media offering their support.

Everyone is looking forward to helping out our mates up north.

We haven't forgotten our friends in Brazil either who have suffered more than we have, it's just a shame with the timing and all, that we couldn't have done something for them too.

As you know our resources here are stretched to the limit and the priority is to get the people back into their homes asap.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and best wishes.

Cheers.

Hi Reggie:

I see a made an error with my last post...Men Without Hats is a Canadian band...I meant to write MIDNIGHT OIL...I believe they are an Aussie band. Are they still performing?

Once again I wish you much success...I have worked as a volunteer on fund raisers. I suggest you put posters up, see what kind of publicity is available for free (perhaps community announcement sections of newspapers)...and of course....social media....Facebook, Twitter...

Hi Reggie:

I see a made an error with my last post...Men Without Hats is a Canadian band...I meant to write MIDNIGHT OIL...I believe they are an Aussie band. Are they still performing?

Once again I wish you much success...I have worked as a volunteer on fund raisers. I suggest you put posters up, see what kind of publicity is available for free (perhaps community announcement sections of newspapers)...and of course....social media....Facebook, Twitter...

Cheers Juliet!

I missed that too, I read Men At Work, where's those glasses! :unsure:

No, Midnight Oil aren't playing much anymore.

Peter Garrett their singer is now a Minister in the Federal Labor Government and spends most of his time in Canberra.

From rock singer to politician, go figure. :slapface:

Posters are being printed and Floodstock has a FB page and the local newspaper will be running a story and radio interviews with Andrew (the orgqaniser) very soon.

• 1 month later...

Heading off soon to do a soundcheck for tomorrows show.

We had a couple of setbacks recently, first the Licencing and Gaming Police imposed a minimum age limit on the venue, which means no one under 18 can be admitted,

18 being the legal drinking age in Oz.

Consequently some of the young bands who were looking forward to play, weren't allowed, which was a real bummer on many levels.

Then, two weeks ago we were informed that the venue had been leased or sold and the new owner wanted to transform the auditorium into an Asian restaurant with works to begin asap.

They wouldn't honour the commitment of the previous owner and we had to find another venue less than two weeks out from the scheduled date.

Thankfully we found a new venue within a few days of the cancellation and under 18's are admitted until 8.00pm.

It's on at the St. Mary's RSL Club Mamre Road St. Mary's.

Same date, same time.

I'm glad that's all sorted!

Hopefully some of the local members can come, it'd be great to catch up.

floodstock20112.jpg

"The Road Crew" after setting up the PA and stage lighting for tonights sound check.

L - R: Alex an up and coming young guitarist, Andrew the organiser of the event and an awesome drummer and yours truly.

floodstockroadcrew.jpg

Archived