Black Sabbath

mojocat98

I have had TSRTS on DVD for a few years now and the video for over 20. Half way thought Dazed and Confused Jimmy plays like to me to sound like a Black Sabbath song. Any Ideas folks please ?????

Yes;

Yes;

Swings and Roundabouts, Jim takes from Jack (allegedly), Sabs from Jimmy, and so it goes on, funny but on the the first lp for years I always thought that that was the only time they sounded like Sabs, although there is a year or so between "Paranoid" in 1970 ? and DaC 1968.

Swings and Roundabouts, Jim takes from Jack (allegedly), Sabs from Jimmy, and so it goes on, funny but on the the first lp for years I always thought that that was the only time they sounded like Sabs, although there is a year or so between "Paranoid" in 1970 ? and DaC 1968.

Yeah. If No songs at all had any similarities then there wouldn't be very many songs ! :)

no it is not that zep head, here is a link to show you want I mean, at about 2.17 Jimmy starts playing some riffs that remind me of black sabbath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTkAU--T-3Y&feature=related

That's one of the sections in Dazed that probably originates from "Mars: The Bringer of War" by Gustav Holst. I'm guessing that you are thinking about Sabbath's self-titled song which has a similar riff.

That's one of the sections in Dazed that probably originates from "Mars: The Bringer of War" by Gustav Holst. I'm guessing that you are thinking about Sabbath's self-titled song which has a similar riff.

Plus they lifted wholsale from our Gustav "Mars The Bringer of War" for Zep III's "Friends" synth drone thingy. Even the orchestral composers were not safe from being hacked.

"Friends" what a mother of a track though :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it really sounds like Black Sabbath. That was also my impression when I first heard it, aside from being impressed by this cool riff. That riff sounds very similar to song "Children Of The Grave" by Black Sabbath to me. The riff starts around 2:20. I'm not sure but Jimmy might have been inspired by Black Sabbath at the time or simply he created the riff on his own. I see you already mentioned similarity between "Dazed And Confused" and "Paranoid" too. At first I thought you were talking about this. In this case it was probably the other way around. The songs share a very similar riff patterns. I think it was probably the inspiration between each other bands.

Archived