Dallas, TX -Memorial Auditorium April 1,1977

DavidZoso

Opening night of my favorite tour and in my home state. :) Reviews from people who saw the show say it was a pretty rusty gig but again like the Oklahoma show 2 days later- they hadn't played in almost two years but a lot of people say it was just the experience that was awesome. Plus the Mighty Blimp could wipe the floor with most bands on a any off night. :D

Advertisement

1723.jpg

Photoset with some nice pics.

My link

White Summer/Black Mountainside

dallas477.jpg

White Summer/Black Mountainside

dallas577.jpg

Kashmir

lz19770401_01.jpg

Kashmir

dallas277.jpg

Kashmir

dallas377.jpg

Violin Bow solo

dallas677.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

D77.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

dallas777.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I think that poster was from 1975 - check out the Mar o4.

dallas75_sign_tickets.jpg

No it is for the Dallas 1977 show. The original ticket was for March 4, 1977 but then the shows were pushed back a month because of Robert being sick-hence the new date of April 1, 1977. But yes they did play 2 shows in Dallas on March 4 & 5, 1975. The ticket prices had gone up since the shows in '75 as in the poster-no ticket for $6.50.

Dallas 1975 stub

dallas75-tkt-blue.jpg

Original first date ticket stub:

dallas77ticket.jpg

Another original date ticket stub for March 4, 1977.

dallas77tkt.jpg

• 9 months later...

dallas75_sign_tickets.jpg

No it is for the Dallas 1977 show. The original ticket was for March 4, 1977 but then the shows were pushed back a month because of Robert being sick-hence the new date of April 1, 1977. But yes they did play 2 shows in Dallas on March 4 & 5, 1975. The ticket prices had gone up since the shows in '75 as in the poster-no ticket for $6.50.

Dallas 1975 stub

dallas75-tkt-blue.jpg

Original first date ticket stub:

dallas77ticket.jpg

Another original date ticket stub for March 4, 1977.

dallas77tkt.jpg

Nice stubs!.......Are they from your collection?

This is listed as Dallas on Google, I can not confirm this, but its a cool pic...........

Jimmy%20Page%20Dallas%201977.jpg

No this pic is not from Dallas as Jimmy didn't wear the white dragon pants at that show and John Paul Jones didn't wear the white outfit either. I am not sure where this pic is from except that it is from the 2nd leg of the 1977 tour. I will be including this pic and lots more in the thread I do of Unknown-Various 1977 shots.

^^^

Then that picture cannot have been from Dallas. It must be from some warmup gig or rehearsal.

Printing and photographic technologies were not as quick in 1977 as they are today. I find it unlikely a photo could be snapped on April 1 and then reproduced and rights haggled over and thousands of concert programs layed out and printed in time for them to be sold in Chicago mere days later.

Highly unlikely.

• 1 year later...