Zeppelin @ Bath 1970' crowd footage

Did you read my post? It said Bath 1969 on it.

If Steve has the film on videotape, and if he converts it to digital, there might be a chance of getting the footage!

I was agreeing with you, and I don't think the Pontiac footage will be the next to circulate, we hardly have any info on it... however the Central Park footage maybe...

Flip your statement. I don't think the Central Park footage exists, the Pontiac footage we know exists because photos show cameras.

No, we have more info on the Central Park footage, however we only have photos that show filmers on stage at Pontiac, no info on the footage, or who it belongs to... for all we know it may not even exist anymore...

Looky here:

last night I went to the Avon Theatre in Stamford, Ct for one of Bill Shelley's presentations of rare Led Zeppelin footage. I must tell you it was a poor effort and ridiculously disappointing and i found Shelley to be either a liar or ignorant...

the admission was $10 for this non-profit theater and all Shelley did was string together a bunch of film clips well known to Zeppelin fans...the bulk (about 99%) of the 2 hour show of the "rare" footage was none other than the 1975 Earls Court Concert, which I dare say 99% on the people on this board have....it was poorly produced as there were gaps of dead silence where shelley spliced songs together or better yet, took out songs...i questioned his song selection from the show (IMTOD, NQ, DAC were cut out while TSRTS and RS were left in)...

At the end Shelley got up in front of the crowd acting like a hero to the ohhs and ahhs of the audience- he told everyone they had found this "very rare" footage in a place called "The Grille"...i felt like standing up and say, "hey- i found it on ebay more than ten years ago"....

he then said he's talked with Led Zeppelin's manager as well as Robert and Jimmy and they are very pleased...someone asked him if he was going to make "his film" available for commercial purposes, Shelley replied, "I've talked with Robert & Jimmy and they are very interested!"...I turned to the people i was with and said "this guy is full of sh!t" and wanted to stand up and ask if he ever heard of the DVD, HTWWW.....

he then talked about putting together another Zeppelin show with more rare footage he had- considering what i had just witnessed I felt like telling everyone, "come to my house- i got a bunch of stuff and i'll only charge you $5!!"....he did mention the 1969 Central Park gig yet did not go into detail as to when it would be ready....

i finally got up and left when Shelley announced to everyone, "Zeppelin is likely to reunite real soon- they are rehearsing right now!!"

Looky here:

last night I went to the Avon Theatre in Stamford, Ct for one of Bill Shelley's presentations of rare Led Zeppelin footage. I must tell you it was a poor effort and ridiculously disappointing and i found Shelley to be either a liar or ignorant...

the admission was $10 for this non-profit theater and all Shelley did was string together a bunch of film clips well known to Zeppelin fans...the bulk (about 99%) of the 2 hour show of the "rare" footage was none other than the 1975 Earls Court Concert, which I dare say 99% on the people on this board have....it was poorly produced as there were gaps of dead silence where shelley spliced songs together or better yet, took out songs...i questioned his song selection from the show (IMTOD, NQ, DAC were cut out while TSRTS and RS were left in)...

At the end Shelley got up in front of the crowd acting like a hero to the ohhs and ahhs of the audience- he told everyone they had found this "very rare" footage in a place called "The Grille"...i felt like standing up and say, "hey- i found it on ebay more than ten years ago"....

he then said he's talked with Led Zeppelin's manager as well as Robert and Jimmy and they are very pleased...someone asked him if he was going to make "his film" available for commercial purposes, Shelley replied, "I've talked with Robert & Jimmy and they are very interested!"...I turned to the people i was with and said "this guy is full of sh!t" and wanted to stand up and ask if he ever heard of the DVD, HTWWW.....

he then talked about putting together another Zeppelin show with more rare footage he had- considering what i had just witnessed I felt like telling everyone, "come to my house- i got a bunch of stuff and i'll only charge you $5!!"....he did mention the 1969 Central Park gig yet did not go into detail as to when it would be ready....

i finally got up and left when Shelley announced to everyone, "Zeppelin is likely to reunite real soon- they are rehearsing right now!!"

I already read that review a while ago, but all the reviewer said, regarding the Central Park film is "he did mention the 1969 Central Park gig yet did not go into detail as to when it would be ready, so it probably does exist, especially with the other info given.

Interesting experience at The Avon LedZepFilm. The guy is probably full of it and pocketed the money with the exception of theatre fees. How many people were in attendance? Is the Avon as dingy as ever?

If it does, it won't surface for a long time.

Back to the Bath topic; what about this film that this Ross guy filmed on the day before?

It used to stream as a Quicktime movie on the ukrockfestivals site, but got deleted I guess... anyway it doesn't contain any Zep footage, only footage of Colosseum and a bunch of crowd footage, but in my opinion would still be neat to have, I mean it's the only Bath footage (besides Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother and Jochen's 8mm film) to circulate.

Archived