George Harrison Documentary

SummrMoon

Too true! I know John and Paul are considered the great songwriters, but George's songs just hits me in a different way. Definitely my favorite Beatle

Me too! George and his music have such a special place in my heart. I was actually a George Harrison solo career fan before a Beatle's fan.

When I was little (up until the time I discovered LZ) Paul was my favorite Beatle. As I grew older and began to explore the world George became my favorite - he was and remains a tremendous inspiration to me, spiritually and otherwise. He was the only Beatle I ever met, long after the group disbanded. If there was anyone who thought he had "earned the right" to be arrogant or pompous, one would think it would be a Beatle, but George was so lovely to us.

The cover of Olivia's book, a companion to the doc (a gorgeous and somehow fitting shot of George):

Living in the Material World

i have geoges autobiography, " i, me, mine ". i must re-read it. i bought it years ago and really enjoyed it.

also, i have the dvd of "the concert for george " that was organised by eric clapton. it's just sooooooooo good! you tend to forget just what a great songwriter george really was. i love all his songs.

Another reason I really wish I had HBO.

George is my favorite Beatle and I would love to see this. If it does have the unseen footage like it says, that would give it all the more intrigue. I wish George was still alive. Maybe he wasn't the "greatest" song writer of The Beatles, but to me, his songs were the easiest to relate to and I always enjoyed his output when he was given some creative leeway. He was also a pretty good guitarist too.

R.I.P. George Harrison

^ I know; I don't have HBO either. They're crap for movies, but the docs and TV shows are great. Also, with Scorsese doing this doc you can't go wrong, IMO. The old interview footage he got for the Stones doc was the best part for me. Anyway, I'm going to have my neighbor record it for me. :)

Thanks Melanie! Really sweet story, MSG. It's nice to know when someone has class to go with the talent. :)

Thanks, SummrMoon...one of the few times I was flabbergasted, tongue-tied, and utterly nervous...but George was very sweet about it. :)

^ I know; I don't have HBO either. They're crap for movies, but the docs and TV shows are great. Also, with Scorsese doing this doc you can't go wrong, IMO. The old interview footage he got for the Stones doc was the best part for me. Anyway, I'm going to have my neighbor record it for me. :)

Scorsese is great and that old footage he had in "Shine a Light" was fantastic.

Dang it! I don't get HBO so will be missing this and it looks like it will be good. :(

Hello ledzepfvr, looks like a DVD will be released:

During the making of "The Beatles Anthology," George Harrison told his wife Olivia, "One day, I'll do my own Anthology," reports a preview of the film in the new issue of Rolling Stone dated Sept. 1.

That idea will come to life as "George Harrison: Living in the Material World," the three-hour plus documentary directed by Martin Scorsese that will premiere on HBO Oct. 5 and 6. The film will be accompanied by a book. Details of a DVD release in the U.S. haven't been revealed, though the UK DVD will be released in October.

The film isn't all sweetness and light. "He never said he was a saint, but he always said he was a sinner," Olivia Harrison told Rolling Stone. "He wanted to do everything in life. He really did."

The film will be screened at the San Sebastian and New York film festivals prior to its HBO premiere.

Continue reading on Examiner.com New George Harrison doc is his personal 'Anthology' - National Beatles | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-national/new-george-harrison-doc-is-his-personal-anthology#ixzz1W088BneQ

• 4 months later...

Archived