Two stills from 8mm/16mm film from '72

LedZep342

VTS_01_300081219-36-00.jpg

VTS_01_302894819-46-40.jpg

First of all, I received these stills from fsmith9095 who said he found them with the file name of VTS_01_3, also, I can vaguely see a black line to the right of both stills, I've seen this black line in the same place on various DVD's of mine as well...

The second one (Paris 1973 ?) is way to close to the picture" used for majestic Holies. silver... even the blurring can't disguise its 35mm origins. It looks far too detailed and 3D to be sourced from just a 8 or 16mm filmstill.

True, but they could be digitalized, and not compressed at all, I have a feeling someone's hoarding them...

Exactly, I'm sure they are...

Sorry, they're not.

There are tons of photos out there which "look" like they're from video stills, and nearly all of them are actually just screen-captures from any number of DVD slideshows done by bootleg labels. I would bet money that the photos that you posted were from one of the DVDs put out by the Genuine Masters label, from one of the 1972 shows they released. All of their titles featured the audio from the show, on a DVD, which came with a photo slide show that you could watch while you listened to the show. The photos were always from the same year that the show was from.

The first color shot you posted is from Amsterdam 1972 (the beginning of the show actually was filmed by local news, but only in black and white handheld, and would look nothing like that photo). The second shot you posted is also a photo from 1972, a very common photo, from the November 1972 UK tour. These photos look like screenshots because they are likely from either the Sydney 72 DVD or the LA 72 DVD that GM put out.

Sorry, they're not.

There are tons of photos out there which "look" like they're from video stills, and nearly all of them are actually just screen-captures from any number of DVD slideshows done by bootleg labels. I would bet money that the photos that you posted were from one of the DVDs put out by the Genuine Masters label, from one of the 1972 shows they released. All of their titles featured the audio from the show, on a DVD, which came with a photo slide show that you could watch while you listened to the show. The photos were always from the same year that the show was from.

The first color shot you posted is from Amsterdam 1972 (the beginning of the show actually was filmed by local news, but only in black and white handheld, and would look nothing like that photo). The second shot you posted is also a photo from 1972, a very common photo, from the November 1972 UK tour. These photos look like screenshots because they are likely from either the Sydney 72 DVD or the LA 72 DVD that GM put out.

I understand what you are saying...

But a thin black line can be seen to the right of both stills (this line can be seen on a lot of footage, I'm not sure what it is for), also fsmith9095 received them with the file name VTS_01_3 within the jpg file name, they have a video sort of look to them as well...

• 10 months later...

Well, when you have a video in your computer and want it is in FLAC, it's extension is always VTS_ something in the beggining,so this could be a still of a video that was captured on a computer. And these really look like stills. I'd say around 1972/73?

I'm almost 100% sure that these are stills. Let's get to the bottom of this!!

I just read the first post and noticed that there's a VTS_01_03 on it. This means that it's the 3rd part of the video file.

Trust me, there are no pictures in FLAC, aka VTS files; only dvd.

They really look like they were filmed or compressed to a video tape. They kinda look like the filmings of the Earl's Court segment from the Zeppelin DVD.

That's kinda like saying that this is a still too.

lz20110401_01.jpg

With the right filter, the image above was converted from this:

lz19700628_06.jpg

Despite what you were told, your two "stills" are very common photos that have been used in countless paper publications and have been traded for years.

They very well may have been extracted from the file that you reference, VTS_01_3.VOB, but they were not sourced from any 8mm/16mm.

Case closed. Lock this thread!

Archived