Plant/Krauss to play Bonnaroo

scottyb

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/n...ss-at-bonnaroo/

Led Zeppelin may not be headlining next year’s Bonnaroo, but last week’s hot rumor wasn’t too far off the mark. As it turns out Robert Plant will be performing in Manchester, but not with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones or even Jason Bonham. Nashville’s NBC affiliate broke the news that Plant will take the stage with Allison Krauss at Bonnaroo in 2008.

Plant and Krauss made the successful Raising Sand album together earlier this year, and plan to tour behind the album next year. The staff at Superfly must have been pretty amused with all the attention they received over the possibility of Zeppelin playing their festival, but now they need to produce a lineup capable of turning heads. We’ve doubted these guys before, yet they continue to top themselves each year. But if we find out that James Hetfield is playing the festival with Emmylou Harris instead of Metallica we’re gonna be pissed.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/n...ss-at-bonnaroo/

Led Zeppelin may not be headlining next year’s Bonnaroo, but last week’s hot rumor wasn’t too far off the mark. As it turns out Robert Plant will be performing in Manchester, but not with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones or even Jason Bonham. Nashville’s NBC affiliate broke the news that Plant will take the stage with Allison Krauss at Bonnaroo in 2008.

Plant and Krauss made the successful Raising Sand album together earlier this year, and plan to tour behind the album next year. The staff at Superfly must have been pretty amused with all the attention they received over the possibility of Zeppelin playing their festival, but now they need to produce a lineup capable of turning heads. We’ve doubted these guys before, yet they continue to top themselves each year. But if we find out that James Hetfield is playing the festival with Emmylou Harris instead of Metallica we’re gonna be pissed.

They should do a surprise acoustic set.

I called this one correctly as soon as it was rumored to be Led Zeppelin. I said no, she's from Tennessee so it'll be a Plant/Krauss gig. Score one for me.

God dammit Steve!!!!!!!!! I was trying to Believe for a second!!!

may all go well for plant and krauss and Plus....Zeppelin's too good for Bonnaroo

Huh. So is it just a one show at Bonnaroo or a whole tour over US/EU?

Because i have missed my chances to see Plant & SS live here and while P&K is not my ideal musical pairing, i would like to hear the man live.

edit

...Zeppelin's too good for Bonnaroo

Haha,

"Damn ... W-well, Zeppelin's too good for Bonnaroo anyways!... grumble grumbe ramble grumble... <_< "

I called this one correctly as soon as it was rumored to be Led Zeppelin. I said no, she's from Tennessee so it'll be a Plant/Krauss gig. Score one for me.

Bravo, man. Good analytical thinking.

I still say if Zep are to do more dates, namely here in the states, it should be a Cream-like type situation. Say something like four or five gigs at MSG, three or four in Chicago at the United Center, four or five at the LA Forum and three or four at American Airlines Arena in Dallas. As much as I'd prefer outdoor venues, then you'd have to go about planning for rain dates and such.

According to Nashville's NBC affiliate WSMV-TV, LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will perform at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tennessee next June to promote their collaborative CD, "Raising Sand". In addition to the "Raising Sand" material, they'll perform songs from their catalogs — including LED ZEPPELIN's "When the Levee Breaks" and "Black Dog".

Plant has told Rolling Stone magazine that he plans to hit the road in early 2008 with Krauss.

www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net

Alison Krauss isn't from Tennessee. She's from my home state of Illinois. She was raised in Champaign, home of the University of Illinois.

So the fact that they're at Bonnaroo has nothing to do with where she's from.

It had to have been all that orange that got SteveA confused :D

Alison Krauss isn't from Tennessee. She's from my home state of Illinois. She was raised in Champaign, home of the University of Illinois.

So the fact that they're at Bonnaroo has nothing to do with where she's from.

Clarification: Yes, originally from Illinois but unless I'm mistaken she has a home in TN.

Archived