O2 bluray and Conspiracies

mrledhed

Although I have no idea what is happening with the O2 official release, there are now rumors that production has stopped.

Call me paranoid, but I have always suspected that a few people close to Jimmy who gain access to his collection, are preventing him from releasing things officially so that their copies are more valuable. Although I don't know Jimmy, I always saw him as naive (people have taken advantage of his nature in the past) as to believe anyone who said to him "this is not good enough for release" not knowing they have an agenda.

There was an interview with Kevin Shirley recently where he said HE basically decided what was going on the DVD and that the band members had little to do with it. I don't know if he has an agenda himself, I'm just saying that the idea of Jimmy being a perfectionist (whatever that means) is a myth (Although I dislike Kevin Shirley for other reasons).

There are alot of deluxe editions from other bands being issued right now, and I've bought some of them, wishing LZ could do the same or even going further.

If the band was going to rerelease the studio albums in 24/96 on BluRay Audio, even if there's no 5.1 mixes (which we know won't happen), they could include bonus BluRays with every live version of the tracks on each album.

They performed around 600 concerts. Every concert from 1971 was recorded from the soundboard. Most if not all of those tapes still exist. With today's BluRay technology every LZ soundboard in existence could fit on 15-25 discs in either CD quality or 24/96. A box set could be released as a limited edition. Even if it were costly it would sell out within minutes of being offered.

Me and many other fans shelled out hundreds for the disappointing JP book which arrived with factory defects. After that buying that book, I would gladly pay thousands for a comprehensive box set like I proposed. I know collectors who have spent more than that on bad quality bootlegs. That means there is a HUGE DEMAND that is NOT BEING MET.

I know what some are going to say:

"It's not some conspiracy, the people involved just don't have the time blah blah blah"

"Jimmy's a perfectionist" (see above - and also the 2007 TSRTS release)

"Nobody except hard core fans would be interested anyway" (look how many hard core fans there are)

If the band doesn't want to pay for someone like Kevin Shirley to take such an enormous project, there are many fans who would do everything needed for FREE, including myself (and we'd do a better job than he would).

I'm sure several on this forum alone would volunteer to do all the work of finding the tapes, restoring them, remastering them for official release, and allow the band and record company to get all the profit. (The ONLY problem I see would be with publishing credits of the cover versions performed at concerts which would have to be edited out of the shows)

Obviously what I proposed won't happen, and we probably won't even get an official O2 BluRay. In fact, we won't ever see another LZ release again.

However, if someone in touch with Zep's camp sent this customer's suggestion along, perhaps we would have a tiny chance to hear what has been hidden away for decades.

it's a total conspiracy..........this is possibly Led Zeppelin's greatest performance of all time

i believe it's most likely Al Quaeda or some multi national corporation (ie:time warner) keeping us from this golden gem.............

that having been said...........i can't wait to see jimmy page's hair in high DEF.......Willie Dixon would have wanted it that way B)

I just think its that (re)mastering is very time consuming (and therefore expensive). Especially for full length live shows.

So they would never do every show. If anything it would be a select show or two.

Probably a decent chance we might see the albums come out in high def audio (bluray as of today). Especially if the Pink Floyd Immersion box sets sell well.

They performed around 600 concerts. Every concert from 1971 was recorded from the soundboard. Most if not all of those tapes still exist. With today's BluRay technology every LZ soundboard in existence could fit on 15-25 discs in either CD quality or 24/96. A box set could be released as a limited edition. Even if it were costly it would sell out within minutes of being offered.

I certainly would buy such a livebox. It would be fantastic to have.-

But how do you know that every concert from 71 was recorded via the soundboard? Did they have a reel-to-reel tape recorder set up, at every show?

It says at Jimmy´s site, Led Zep played 527 concerts.

I certainly would buy such a livebox. It would be fantastic to have.

It says at Jimmy´s site, Led Zep played 527 concerts.

We all know how accurate THAT site is! :blink:

We've had less than a handful of shows released by the band, I don't see much more of that happening unless someone else gets the legal rights to release more.

Archived