College Basketball 2011-2012 season

Walter

NCAA Tourney has begun and nobody has anything to say???

Sorry Walter...if this was a few years ago I would have been all over this thread like Major Major on ITTOD. ;)

But I find as I get older, I am shedding sports like Salome shedding veils. Whereas I used to have a ravenous appetite, and the energy, to follow the NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA sports, Tennis, Surfing, Motorcross, Skiing, Olympics, NHL, Soccer, X-Games, Formula 1, and more; now I don't have the interest and frequently can't be bothered to even give some sports even a cursory glance in the newspaper.

I used to fill out a March Madness bracket every year. Not this year. I didn't even watch a single college basketball game this year...not even UNC vs. Duke. A lot of the romance of college sports has been lost for me.

But hey, good luck on your picks Walter...and dazedcat and ebk and anyone else who filled out a bracket. It's funny...Syracuse used to be one of my regular picks to get knocked out early in the tournament...I made a lot of money off their misfortune, haha.

After Friday I have no opinion about anything. My bracket choices must have lost six games by a total of 12 points. Duke and Missouri going down in flames doesn't bother me, everybody there shared the same pain.

I still love college hoop though.

I am truly sorry for the loss, Walter. I know how much of a Syracuse fan you are.

At the beginning of this college basketball season, I felt that the Buckeye basketball team would be unbeatable. Then they had a few losses in which their shooting was abysmal. I am pleasantly surprised that they are in the Final Four game.

I have already received an offer to go with the OSU alumni association to New Orleans for the next three games. The package includes 4 nights at the Sheraton Canal Street, the team's hotel, two tickets to all three games, a chartered flight from Columbus, various parties and land transfers, all for a starting price of $2249. I would guess that it is already sold out. I have no interest in attending as I hate to see the Buckeyes lose, which I am afraid will happen. But you never know, miracles do happen.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I was afraid Fab Melo being ineligible would cost them in the long run and I think it did. Ohio State is pretty great though, no slight against them.

With my brackets totally busted, I'm rooting hard for Louisiville now. I love Rick Pitino......in a totally guy sports kind of way of course.

I am really disappointed. I thought Wisconson was better than OS. Syracuse used a ton of energy to win that game. I still think they are better than OS and would beat them in a rematch

I had SU going all the way on every bracket I played. All free at least. My daughter and husband are not happy. Both grads My daughter watched in Chicago as she traveled to see her best friend who is a Mich St grad. I had Louisvile there. SU was a great team. Should have won and I do not blame the Fab Melo thing. I blame Wisconson taking so much out of us. How does a team hit that many three's??? I have never seen the likes of it. If anyone like Walter has info on SU's situation on how many will return? How many seniors are gone? Please post

Scoops Jardine and Kris Joseph are seniors....maybe Waiters will go pro? As far as Melo goes, who really knows how deep the situation is with him. Plus the drug testing scandal, who knows what next year will be like.

I live in Kansas. Less than half an hour from KU. Most of my friends and family are KU fans. I've dated KU girls. So being that I'm the most objective and unbiased opinion here this is my prediction: KU wins!