Has anyone read Dave Lewis' Feather In the Wind?

I have. Enjoyed it, very factual, lots of pictures and information about the shows/venues played. That tour seems like it was always shrouded in secrecy so I found the book to uncover many things that I didn't already know.

It's the only Zeppelin book I'm interested in reading which I haven't yet. I saw some of the amateur pictures from the book in Classic Rock magazine & listened to Dave Lewis being interviewed in regards to the book & it really is the tour that's shrouded in mystery. It probably was the strangest tour Zeppelin did from their inception so that's why I think it's a must read for Zeppelin fans.

The reason there are so many amateur/candid photos in the book is because so few photos of the tour were professionally taken. Many are from Dave's own collection. In many ways this only adds to the intimacy of the book. There's a lot of detailed dissection of each show, which can get a bit repetitve (but acts as an excellent reference vehicle), but for me the fan's "I was there" section of annecdotes is fantastic, detailing their personal adventures. Easily a must have addition to the Zepp bookshelf. It leaves no stone unturned in terms of the 1980 tour.

• 1 month later...

Archived