June 1972 tour-40 year anniversary!

40 years ago this month, Led Zeppelin embarked on their eigth tour of the United States. As the tour went on, it got better and better. This is my favorite tour of them all.

Would be a great anniversary gift to us all to find the remaining shows that are MIA:

Detroit, MI 6/6/72

Buffalo, NY 6/10/72

Philadelphia, PA 6/13/72 ( need alt source with missing parts)

Portland, OR 6/17/72 (need alt source with first half of the show)

Seattle, WA 6/18/72 (need alt source with remaining set)

Denver, CO 6/21/72

San Diego, CA 6/23/72 (This one really surprises me that it's missing)

Yes that would be cool if all those surfaced. I have a feeling there is multitracks of San Diego in Jimmy's vault.

I've always wondered if the whole Southern California swing was multi-tracked. Don't you get that feeling, too?

That means there should be San Berdu and San Diego multi-tracks somewhere in the vault...unless these were among the tapes stolen in the 80s.

Are there pics of San Bernadino Swing Auditorium? Are there two mics on Bonham's bass drum?

Great thread. I've always assumed that the whole California set of shows were recorded on multi track for what eventually went on to become HTWWW.

When the 4 track sampler was leaked in the early 90's, it felt and sounded like a part of something larger.

One has only to connect the dots and speculate that there's more where this came from.

You would have thought the 1970 spring tour was also taped. I always remember Plant saying on the end of the LA Forum show ( Blueberry Hill show)" good night and thanks for everything" Makes you think that the band had hit the big time?

I would be willing to bet all the Southern California shows were multitracked.

I have never seen any San Bern pictures...just the video and I don't recall being able to get a close enough look at the bass drum from that.

I've always wondered if the whole Southern California swing was multi-tracked. Don't you get that feeling, too?

That means there should be San Berdu and San Diego multi-tracks somewhere in the vault...unless these were among the tapes stolen in the 80s.

Are there pics of San Bernadino Swing Auditorium? Are there two mics on Bonham's bass drum?

Page was recording everything...it's all in the vault...not multitracks for every show but at least some sort of recording was done....the 1971 boards that have surfaced are good examples.

They were filming in the Spring of 1970. Peter Grant mentions this, I believe the quote can be found in the press reports book. Also, source 3 (the newest one) of Baltimore 70-right at the beginning of the recording, you can hear someone near the taper say "Hey, look-we're on film!".

You would have thought the 1970 spring tour was also taped. I always remember Plant saying on the end of the LA Forum show ( Blueberry Hill show)" good night and thanks for everything" Makes you think that the band had hit the big time?

Page was recording everything...it's all in the vault...not multitracks for every show but at least some sort of recording was done....the 1971 boards that have surfaced are good examples.

They were filming in the Spring of 1970. Peter Grant mentions this, I believe the quote can be found in the press reports book. Also, source 3 (the newest one) of Baltimore 70-right at the beginning of the recording, you can hear someone near the taper say "Hey, look-we're on film!".

Unlike some filming claims, this is believable and makes sense in the context that the band had just filmed the Jan. 9, 1970 Royal Albert Hall concert, with an eye towards its being broadcast at some point on television. If Peter and Jimmy felt the RAH footage was lacking, they could have decided to go ahead and film the Spring 1970 U.S. tour...or at least, selected dates.

Remember, they were discussing filming the Summer 1975 US dates that had to be cancelled after Plant's accident in Greece, because they were dissatisfied with the 1973 MSG footage.

Unlike some filming claims, this is believable and makes sense in the context that the band had just filmed the Jan. 9, 1970 Royal Albert Hall concert, with an eye towards its being broadcast at some point on television. If Peter and Jimmy felt the RAH footage was lacking, they could have decided to go ahead and film the Spring 1970 U.S. tour...or at least, selected dates.

Remember, they were discussing filming the Summer 1975 US dates that had to be cancelled after Plant's accident in Greece, because they were dissatisfied with the 1973 MSG footage.

Exactly. We know they were filming in Iceland as well after the tour. For whatever reasons, none of the American `70 tour footage has seen the light of day. The 10th anniversary of the release of HTWWW and DVD would be a great time to release some of this!

We have a fragment of 6/22/70 Iceland footage on "DVD" (Dazed) as well as can be seen in the press reports, Peter Grant states something to the effect of sending a film crew up to Iceland with the band.

Source?

We have a fragment of 6/22/70 Iceland footage on "DVD" (Dazed) as well as can be seen in the press reports, Peter Grant states something to the effect of sending a film crew up to Iceland with the band.

So it was proshot? I don't see any cameras.

a059107029a87d8b858b05485bad678e.png

Archived