Sky Watch

betteremily

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We're getting a lot of meteors flying over the Arizona skies over the last couple of days, there was one this morning and one recently that I seen a report on that was in Northern Arizona, neat stuff!

Edited by luvlz2

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 8:36 PM, luvlz2 said:

We're getting a lot of meteors flying over the Arizona skies over the last couple of days, there was one this morning and one recently that I seen a report on that was in Northern Arizona, neat stuff!

There has been  much strange stuff seen over Arizona in recent years.  Including the Phoenix Lights of March 13 1997.  Witnessed and filmed by thousands and along with the Nimitz encounters, the most credible UFO sightings of all time.  

• 8 months later...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-01-01/january-sky-stars-galaxies-nebula-uranus-mars/12962128

This is all kinds of awesome. The noted features are exactly what I love looking at this time of year. The saucepan (Orions Belt), the christmas tree (Hyades), and the cluster of twinkling starts (Pleiades) that looks to the naked eye like a weird-ass space ship as the light constantly twinkles and shifts. All visible in the north this time of year. And the two gateways to the south which I now know as the Southern Cross and the False Cross. I'll definitely be asking Santa for a telescope for Christmas this year. The $40 Op-Shop one I got is good, but the tri-pod connection bracket snapped and it's only very basic - although I have seen 5 moons of Jupiter with it.

• 3 months later...