BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Cobb salad and a Lana Del Rey shake at Mel's Diner.

The Cobb salad was born in 1937 by the owner of the Brown Derby restaurant in Los Angeles, Robert Cobb. He was in the restaurant late at night and realized he had not eaten in some time. Rummaging through the kitchen he threw some ingredients together to make a salad. He shared the salad with Sid Grauman, the owner of the Egyptian and Chinese theatres in Hollywood. The next day Sid came in and asked for the same salad again. The Cobb salad was put on the menu after that.

The rest is history.

20230924_201900.thumb.jpg.92f049a48833e234e03cd7d915138881.jpg

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Cobb salad and a Lana Del Rey shake at Mel's Diner.

The Cobb salad was born in 1937 by the owner of the Brown Derby restaurant in Los Angeles, Robert Cobb. He was in the restaurant late at night and realized he had not eaten in some time. Rummaging through the kitchen he threw some ingredients together to make a salad. He shared the salad with Sid Grauman, the owner of the Egyptian and Chinese theatres in Hollywood. The next day Sid came in and asked for the same salad again. The Cobb salad was put on the menu after that.

The rest is history.

20230924_201900.thumb.jpg.92f049a48833e234e03cd7d915138881.jpg

I should of known it wasn't named after TY Cobb

As Mrs CP is having a girlie break in Prague, I am having slobby, easy to cook nosh for one this week. Simple Roast Chicken and Chips this evening. I will have a couple of glasses of a Pinot Noir but no Weed. I am not a fan of having a toke on my on own. I might dig out The Albert Hall DVD which I have not watched for years and certainly not on our newish HD TV.