BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

On 3/9/2023 at 2:33 AM, chillumpuffer said:

I occasionally buy that. The Reserva is good too. How was it? It costs about £8 here.

@ebk. How goes it Esther?

It goes.  And there's nothing I can do to stop it...  :D 

Sorry it took so long to answer.  It's been one of those months.  

On topic - cheeseburgers and roasted sweet potatoes.  And a Rosso di Montepulciano  🍷

36 minutes ago, ebk said:

It goes.  And there's nothing I can do to stop it...  :D 

Sorry it took so long to answer.  It's been one of those months.  

On topic - cheeseburgers and roasted sweet potatoes.  And a Rosso di Montepulciano  🍷

:thumbsup: 

Italian this evening at CP towers

Garlic Bread slices at the bar table with a Cuban Rum and Ginger (not Italian)

Home made Lasagne Al Forno, Salad on the side

A Sicilian Red with the dinner

Scored some very nice Black Hash last week so one or 2 of those as we chew the cud at the table

34 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Just got back from a 24/7 Waffle House. Had the pork chop breakfast plate, which came with toast, bacon and a fried egg, plus the coke...  :D

You drink coke with your breakfast? You're gonna give your doctor a heart attack. 😄

so went  with my wife to Boston to visit  my youngest daughter and son in law, there is an old historic Ruth Chris staekhouse near Beacon Hill are so went with 140 in Chris gift cards, well couple drinks each, filet and lobster, filet, Tbone 24 OZ. , delicious, and Ribeye, we then got bread pudding and cheese cake, went out full and very satisfied but wallet was missing $500, its a once every few years treat 😊

18 hours ago, custard pie man said:

so went  with my wife to Boston to visit  my youngest daughter and son in law, there is an old historic Ruth Chris staekhouse near Beacon Hill are so went with 140 in Chris gift cards, well couple drinks each, filet and lobster, filet, Tbone 24 OZ. , delicious, and Ribeye, we then got bread pudding and cheese cake, went out full and very satisfied but wallet was missing $500, its a once every few years treat 😊

I loved the Ruth's Chris in Beverly Hills but it sadly closed during the covid shutdown. There is one in Pasadena but it is not quite the same. Two of my other favourite steakhouses have closed lately: The Palm Steakhouse on Santa Monica Blvd. next to the Troubadour Club and Dan Tana's and the Pacific Dining Car near downtown. For great steaks now, I mainly go to Musso & Frank Grill in Hollywood, Taylor's Steakhouse in the Mid-Wilshire district, or Dan Tana's. If I am in Pasadena, I'll go to Ruth's Chris or Alexander's Steakhouse. If I am on a budget, then I'll go to the Original Pantry downtown or Damon's in Glendale.

Nothing special today, just an old favorite.... extra crunchy Jiff peanut butter and Blackberry seedless All Fruit jelly on Italian bread.

The question is always.... crunchy or smooth peanut butter? You know my preference! :P 

21 hours ago, Strider said:

I loved the Ruth's Chris in Beverly Hills but it sadly closed during the covid shutdown. There is one in Pasadena but it is not quite the same. Two of my other favourite steakhouses have closed lately: The Palm Steakhouse on Santa Monica Blvd. next to the Troubadour Club and Dan Tana's and the Pacific Dining Car near downtown. For great steaks now, I mainly go to Musso & Frank Grill in Hollywood, Taylor's Steakhouse in the Mid-Wilshire district, or Dan Tana's. If I am in Pasadena, I'll go to Ruth's Chris or Alexander's Steakhouse. If I am on a budget, then I'll go to the Original Pantry downtown or Damon's in Glendale.

Ruth's Chris is not nearly as good down here as it used to be. The one by Reagan Airport in DC was great when I was up there. Is it still around, ebk?

Also, @LedZeppfan77, if you're looking for a great steak while you're in Tampa Bay area.... Bern's Steakhouse is the BEST around and terrific atmosphere!! Gotta make reservations early on though. 

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Nothing special today, just an old favorite.... extra crunchy Jiff peanut butter and Blackberry seedless All Fruit jelly on Italian bread.

The question is always.... crunchy or smooth peanut butter? You know my preference! :P 

That is not a question - crunchy is always the answer!!

However, you are mistaken on your PB brand - Skippy.  Always Skippy.  :D 

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Ruth's Chris is not nearly as good down here as it used to be. The one by Reagan Airport in DC was great when I was up there. Is it still around, ebk?

Also, @LedZeppfan77, if you're looking for a great steak while you're in Tampa Bay area.... Bern's Steakhouse is the BEST around and terrific atmosphere!! Gotta make reservations early on though. 

I try really, really hard not to go anywhere near National Airport, so I don't know if that Ruth's Chris is still there.  

However, your recommendation of Bern's for Rick is spot on!  I was going to suggest that myself at some point, but haven't gotten around to it yet.