BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

On 10/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, Strider said:

Fuelling up for Halloween. Stuffed poblano pepper 'n' eggs Benedict. French toast with fruit. Strong coffee. Water.

20221030_105101.thumb.jpg.d45e409f527709fc20fcea6a4aaf423f.jpg

Not a big breakfast guy, but man that egg yolk and holiday sauce running into those hash browns...

It's a dreary, dark Bonfire Night so it's got to be fine dining at home. Going to pull out all the stops.

Fresh Dressed Whitby Crab, Marie Rose Sauce, White Sourdough Toast to start

New season Pan Fried Venison Steak. This was taken fresh off the saddle from the Chatsworth Estate and looks amazing. Crispy Roasties, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Redcurrant Sauce. 

Cheeses, crackers and chutneys

Mrs CP has a Key Lime Pie and I have an Orange and Ginger Cheesecake, but I highly doubt we will squeeze that in. Save it for tomorrow's Pheasant perhaps?

A Bottle of Muga Rioja Reserva Red 2018. Top notch Rioja from an excellent Bodega

7 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

It's a dreary, dark Bonfire Night so it's got to be fine dining at home. Going to pull out all the stops.

Fresh Dressed Whitby Crab, Marie Rose Sauce, White Sourdough Toast to start

New season Pan Fried Venison Steak. This was taken fresh off the saddle from the Chatsworth Estate and looks amazing. Crispy Roasties, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Redcurrant Sauce. 

Cheeses, crackers and chutneys

Mrs CP has a Key Lime Pie and I have an Orange and Ginger Cheesecake, but I highly doubt we will squeeze that in. Save it for tomorrow's Pheasant perhaps?

A Bottle of Muga Rioja Reserva Red 2018. Top notch Rioja from an excellent Bodega

Bon appétit! Have you Brits turned your clocks back already?

Went to Pink's last night after the show. They invite celebrities to create their own dog. There is a Carl Reiner dog, an Emeril "BAM!" dog, Martha Stewart, dogs named after the Dodgers and Chargers, an Ozzy dog, even a Betty White dog...which is just a plain hot dog in a bun with nothing on it.

My usual is the Marlon Brando dog...9" dog with mustard, onions, chili, cheddar cheese. But I decided to try Drew Barrymore's dog...12" jalapeño dog, mustard, onions, chili, cheddar cheese, and three strips of bacon.

It hit the spot.

20221031_225006.thumb.jpg.de5fb1bcca8c293bfa52b7467fd16045.jpg

11 hours ago, Strider said:

Went to Pink's last night after the show. They invite celebrities to create their own dog. There is a Carl Reiner dog, an Emeril "BAM!" dog, Martha Stewart, dogs named after the Dodgers and Chargers, an Ozzy dog, even a Betty White dog...which is just a plain hot dog in a bun with nothing on it.

My usual is the Marlon Brando dog...9" dog with mustard, onions, chili, cheddar cheese. But I decided to try Drew Barrymore's dog...12" jalapeño dog, mustard, onions, chili, cheddar cheese, and three strips of bacon.

It hit the spot.

That gives me the fear :D Should be the John Holmes Dog?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 4:27 PM, Strider said:

It hit the spot.

must admit that looks pretty darn good

4 hours ago, custard pie man said:

let me see, 25 pound fresh turkey so thursday with  all the kids  and their spouses Turkey with all the fixings

friday Turkey leftovers

saturday Turkey leftovers

sunday Turkey soup

Monday (anything but  fucking turkey, anything!)

I'm sick of turkey by Saturday so last night my mom made us spaghetti and meatballs.