BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

starting smoking a 11 pound brisket on new smoker my kids got me for xmas at 5am this morning, should be done around 6 pm, around 4 will throw in on a second rack sweet potatos and corn on cob, first time doing this, watched a few youtube videos, popping apple woodchips every hour, hopefully it will be fantastic, either way its football sunday, its new years and i'll have a few beers along the way😃

On 1/1/2023 at 9:25 AM, custard pie man said:

starting smoking a 11 pound brisket on new smoker my kids got me for xmas at 5am this morning, should be done around 6 pm, around 4 will throw in on a second rack sweet potatos and corn on cob, first time doing this, watched a few youtube videos, popping apple woodchips every hour, hopefully it will be fantastic, either way its football sunday, its new years and i'll have a few beers along the way😃

Nothing prouder than your first successful brisket, that's a whopper!

Just now, jimmie ray said:

It's magical, what happens to that fat in the process.

i kept spraying the bark at the 4 hour mark every time i filled the chip tray however next time when I hit 160 internal temp I will remove and double wrap with quality butcher paper and stick in oven at 250 until we reach 195, I just didn't have the paper but still came out pretty good

10 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

i kept spraying the bark at the 4 hour mark every time i filled the chip tray however next time when I hit 160 internal temp I will remove and double wrap with quality butcher paper and stick in oven at 250 until we reach 195, I just didn't have the paper but still came out pretty good

I only have a gas grill, but put a tray of soaked wood chips right over the burner and a smaller size brisket off to the side. But still got an impressive "bark" and the center was nice and juicy.

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Buffalo Chicken Wings for us also PC. I marinated mine for 24 hrs in a spicy home made mix. Fries as well. No Cherry whatever that is? Wine and Doobies for us. :D

Nice!! :thumbsup: 

How do you cook your chicken wings? Do you dip the wings in blue cheese dressing? Over here they’re usually fried, unbreaded and served with raw celery & carrots with either blue cheese or ranch dressing.