BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

6 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

You had that for breakfast? Looks like a pork steak? You already have the breakfast on the small plate. Also, what is that white stuff in the bowl? Yoghurt? 

Pork chops to be exact. The white stuff is grits. I'm going to assume grits--or even cheese grits--aren't a regular breakfast item where you live?

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Pork chops to be exact. The white stuff is grits. I'm going to assume grits--or even cheese grits--aren't a regular breakfast item where you live?

No. No grits here man. I can guarantee if I ask anyone here what is grits, they would say it's what is used on a cycle path. :D And no one would ever have a coke for breakfast either.  Breakfast for me Monday - Thursday is cereal (bran), bowl of blueberries and Greek Yoghurt. Friday is a dippy egg and soldiers, whilst the weekend is usually a kipper with a poached egg and maybe beans. Toast and marmite. Always freshly squeezed Orange Juice.

Pre-concert dinner last night before the Phish show.

Deep fried catfish. Fried rice with shrimp. Crab and shrimp dumplings and sauce. Papaya salad. California sparkling rose. And a tab of LSD for dessert.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a friend in town this week and she loves Canter's so I took her for breakfast there for the past two days. On Thursday, just as our breakfast arrived the restaurant stereo was playing "Going to California". Today, "Stairway To Heaven" was playing as the waitress brought our plates. I took that as a good omen.

I had scrambled eggs, lox, and onions, hash browns, and a bagel both mornings.

20230511_080822.thumb.jpg.46841558d3e7efe0070e4169e7d06b6d.jpg

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Had a friend in town this week and she loves Canter's so I took her for breakfast there for the past two days. On Thursday, just as our breakfast arrived the restaurant stereo was playing "Going to California". Today, "Stairway To Heaven" was playing as the waitress brought our plates. I took that as a good omen.

I had scrambled eggs, lox, and onions, hash browns, and a bagel both mornings.

20230511_080822.thumb.jpg.46841558d3e7efe0070e4169e7d06b6d.jpg

That looks sooooooo good! 

• 2 weeks later...