BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

• 2 weeks later...

anyone hosting the holidays  with family and friends? christmas eve we have a house full between 3 kids and in laws we will have11 to for food and drink, apps. downstairs at bar and dinner will be homemade chicken parm, baked ziti, string bean casserole, salad, then we lose 3 people and christmas day doing a 8 pound spoon roast, mashed potatoes, veggies with gravy, and  both days my wife will be yelling to shut football off lol but she knows better

On 12/24/2023 at 8:37 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Christmas Eve dinner:

Halibut Steak, Tarragon Cream Sauce, Heritage Carrots, Crispy Roast Potatoes.

Mrs CP has a White Rioja and I have a Red Ribera Del Duero to accompany.

Sounds nice. I grilled a nice ribeye steak, baked some sweet potatoes, mashed some Yukon Gold potatoes, sautéed some spinach, warmed some sourdough bread, and opened a bottle of 2021 Cline Zinfandel..and watched the 49ers-Ravens game. For dessert, peach praline pie and vanilla ice cream and Glögg and watched "Christmas in Connecticut".

23 hours ago, Strider said:

Sounds nice. I grilled a nice ribeye steak, baked some sweet potatoes, mashed some Yukon Gold potatoes, sautéed some spinach, warmed some sourdough bread, and opened a bottle of 2021 Cline Zinfandel..and watched the 49ers-Ravens game. For dessert, peach praline pie and vanilla ice cream and Glögg and watched "Christmas in Connecticut".

so finally done with xmas eve and day dinners of chicken parm and spoon roast with all the fixings, christmas in ct.? hell I lived here all my life this year sucked lol, kidding weather was and continues to be very warm, but all the kids came home and we had hell of a celebration

Fish this evening:

Squid Rings in Garlic butter and lemon to kick off

Lemon Sole Filet, Boulangere Potatoes, Green Beans

White Chocolate & Pistachio Tartlets & Greek Yoghurt

A cracking Red from Ribero Del Duero and a couple of Joints.

Friday evening finger food.

Piri Piri Chicken. Marinated Chicken Thighs.

Marinade 1 Lemon Juice, Garlic and salt.

Marinade 2 Red Chilli, Garlic, Olive Oil, Sweet Smoked Paprika, Port and salt

Fries on the side. Wine and joints. 

Tunes and a late movie.