BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Strider said:

Country fried steak and eggs sunny-side up, grits, hash browns, biscuits and gravy...lots of country gravy. Orange juice.

Sounds like you might be two or three zip codes from me.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a splendid Sunday night dinner at Musso & Frank Grill, the oldest restaurant in Hollywood. Catherine O'Hara was at the table next to ours.

Started with Musso's famous dry martinis with a sidecar.

A bowl of Consommé and their yummy sourdough bread and fresh butter.

Big slab of prime rib, medium-rare, baked potato, creamed spinach.

Bottles of Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. Forgot to note the vintages.

Dessert...Crème Brûlée and New York Cheesecake and coffee.

The prime rib was so big I could only finish about half, so I took it home and am eating it now while watching Monday Night Football.

Edited by Strider

We are going out for Dinner this evening to a (apparently) fantastic family run Italian Restaurant in a Village a few miles down the road. I love a Pizza but it must be done by an Italian Chef and not the cardboard wank that the Supermarkets do. So it's a Pizza for me and a couple of glasses of Primitivo. Not sure what Mrs CP is plumping for but she likes the look at Lobster stuffed Pasta. Only a glass for her as she is driving. 

On 11/26/2023 at 12:54 PM, Strider said:

Lobster bisque, steamed spinach and garlic, fresh baked crusty sourdough and olive oil, Boddington's Pub Ale.

Just had some bisque I got from the food bank. Mixed it with some canned sockeye salmon. Just finishing up the turkey carcass and found the giblets and an intact wish bone. I give the skin to the local crows. 

Gumby says to hell with your cronuts and goop filled hipster donuts. Give him an honest donut you can dunk in your coffee...real coffee, not sugar and caramel and gloop masquerading as coffee.

FB_IMG_1702149034352.jpg.af32b5cb4221d5f5d043ba7447c791f7.jpg

Edited by Strider