BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

@Walter

Baked buffalo chicken wings recipe | BBC Good Food

This is how I did mine, though I used Spanish Smoked Paprika. No dips, just as they were. Went down a treat with a bottle of Rioja and a few Doobs of Superskunk

This evening: Thai Style Baby Back Ribs, Tom Yam Koong (Spicy Thai Prawn Soup). The house will smell incredible

Hope all is well with you and yours Chuck?

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@Walter

Baked buffalo chicken wings recipe | BBC Good Food

This is how I did mine, though I used Spanish Smoked Paprika. No dips, just as they were. Went down a treat with a bottle of Rioja and a few Doobs of Superskunk

This evening: Thai Style Baby Back Ribs, Tom Yam Koong (Spicy Thai Prawn Soup). The house will smell incredible

Hope all is well with you and yours Chuck?

Sounds fantastic!
Yes, we’re off to a good start to 2023. Feeling healthier than the last month of 2022 and making adjustments to get in the right direction for the future, health wise. 
How have you and Mrs CP been doing? Any plans for the new year? 
To stay on topic….we just made a brunch of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, coffee and ice water. Delicious. Followed by a 2 mile walk in the beautiful central Florida sunshine. 71 here today and not a cloud in the sky! Back porch view right now…

8EB10E07-D557-489D-A3AD-0CA0A21F0699.jpeg

On 1/15/2023 at 6:42 PM, custard pie man said:

had family over , slow cooked  rib roast, baked potato with broccoli and beer all day, just found out my physical is day after super bowl🤔

Great timing. Your heart will just be a can of beer and your stomach a tub of butter, hehe.

16 hours ago, Walter said:

^ Nice!! 
Tonight…grilled chicken breasts with chopped romaine lettuce and organic bow tie pasta. Great night for grilling and music!🤘🏼

618F3097-2B96-4AE8-9362-97FA2CC0F80E.jpeg

2A732A8B-5233-43C1-AC7A-E1410EBD9FD6.png

I am thinking of getting a bottle of Kraken. I quite like Rum and am looking for a long drink so I don't end up guzzling Red wine. What, if it all, do you mix it with? I used to have Rum with Coke (Cola :D) maybe Ginger? I reckon it would go well with a nice smoke? I just noticed you have yours with Coke

Edited by chillumpuffer
Blind as a bat

19 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I am thinking of getting a bottle of Kraken. I quite like Rum and am looking for a long drink so I don't end up guzzling Red wine. What, if it all, do you mix it with? I used to have Rum with Coke (Cola :D) maybe Ginger? I reckon it would go well with a nice smoke? I just noticed you have yours with Coke

I have shots of it with Coke Zero chaser. It's 94 proof, so hold onto your hat! :lol:  Also, I keep it in the freezer which makes it much smoother. Other friends make a rum and  cola with a lime wedge squeezed in. If I'm having a mixed drink with rum I prefer Appleton, Jamaican rum.  

1 hour ago, Walter said:

I have shots of it with Coke Zero chaser. It's 94 proof, so hold onto your hat! :lol:  Also, I keep it in the freezer which makes it much smoother. Other friends make a rum and  cola with a lime wedge squeezed in. If I'm having a mixed drink with rum I prefer Appleton, Jamaican rum.  

It is sold here Chuck. It's not 94% proof. Look on the back of the bottle. It's 40% proof. It would not be sold of it was 94. Unless it was Methanol. I don't think Absinthe is that strong 

Edited by chillumpuffer

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

It is sold here Chuck. It's not 94% proof. Look on the back of the bottle. It's 40% proof. It would not be sold of it was 94. Unless it was Methanol. I don't think Absinthe is that strong 

Over here, the "proof" of alcohol content is the percent of alcohol in it multiplied by 2. So, Kraken is 47% (94 proof) alcohol by volume. Their other version of it is 70 proof (or 35% alcohol) over here. Much more tame than the bottle you see in my picture. :lol:  

@Walter

Weird that. It's exactly the same bottle over here. I'm sure next to the 94 proof it says 40% Alcohol by volume.

Is it very sweet? I don't really have a sweet tooth - and I never drink Coke or sweet fizzy drinks. Is spiced Rum same as normal Rum?

Edited by chillumpuffer

On 2/1/2023 at 11:26 AM, chillumpuffer said:

@Walter

Weird that. It's exactly the same bottle over here. I'm sure next to the 94 proof it says 40% Alcohol by volume.

Is it very sweet? I don't really have a sweet tooth - and I never drink Coke or sweet fizzy drinks. Is spiced Rum same as normal Rum?

It's very heavy tasting. I wouldn't say it's sweet - certainly not sugary sweet. I keep it in the freezer so it thickens up and takes the bite of the alcohol out of it. Shots give you that good burn going down your throat, like whiskey. When we do two or three shots quickly, we call it "riding The Hulk", which is a reference to the ride at Universal Studios. You think the ride is going to be a slow climb, but then it takes off like a rocket! :lol: Like I said, put your seatbelt on and enjoy the ride. A few puffs also add to the overall experience!! 

Edited by Walter