NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

Forget Boston. They wilt in the 4th quarter due to age. Pierce is too damn old. Your boys had better not take Indiana lightly. i took Indiana and bought a pt making them plus 7 1/2. Not saying they will win outright but they could like last time I believe. They are a good team. And I think the only team t hat can put up a fight vs Miami in the East. Unless the Knicks have Mello back.

You don't have to tell me about the Pacers. They've smacked the Heat around good the first two games which were played in Indiana. I'm hoping homecourt will be the difference tonight.

You don't have to tell me about the Pacers. They've smacked the Heat around good the first two games which were played in Indiana. I'm hoping homecourt will be the difference tonight.

My betting service is picking the Bulls to cover vs the Lakers? I dont know.

Chalmers and Bosh coming up big, D-Wade doing it on defense. The Heat are on their way, it's too bad the playoffs don't start tomorrow, Miami looks like a team that's ready for more gold.

free-throw-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well I do not think they lose in the East, unless Carmello can make the Knicks great and now that Stoudemyre is gone, that probably kills them. No doubt its Miami coming out of the East. Only question is who they play

I'm already looking ahead to that March 31st matchup with the Spurs. If the Heat can take care of them, then I would feel great going up against anybody in the West. But, that's still a long time away, can't engrave their names on the trophy just yet.

Well tomorrow night OKC is at the Spurs. That should be interesting. Rested I like San Anton. I stand by the Clippers and stil say they can beat both of these teams in a series.

WE'RE #8! WE'RE #8! WOOHOO! :cheer:

Shaq hit the nail on the head. He said the Clippers have the weapons. Great team and point guards and upcoming center in Jordan. But they need a system to play under when games are on the line. Vinnie must get it right. If not, its on him. He has the team and the weapons to take the NBA title home right now. But how he coaches this loaded team is going to make or break the Clippers. No Mello and NY almost beat OKC. The Clippers had OKC beat but for a shitty call on Blake. San Anton is a true contender also but Memphis has fallen off my radar after that trade that hurt them. Why did they send Mr Gay to Toronto. And for those that don't know basketball, yes, his name is really Gay and he went to the second biggest town in North America with that label. All joking aside, Memphis made a bad trade IMO. The Clippers, San Anton and OKC. The team that has to beat two of them, IE, play the semi final vs one and then have to beat the other in the final, will have a daunting task. The Clippers have the talent to get it done. In the East its Miami's to lose for sure but the Knicks if totally healthy and Indiana can be troublesome to say the least. Milwaukee and Chicago are probably next in the pecking order? But the NBA title will most likely be Miami vs one of the big three. Clippers, OKC or San Antonio. I like the Clippers myself. They are never rattled. They can keep on bringing it. But like Shaq said, a system must be chosen.

Well tomorrow night OKC is at the Spurs. That should be interesting. Rested I like San Anton. I stand by the Clippers and stil say they can beat both of these teams in a series.

Make up your mind, dude...is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?"

Months ago I said the Clippers coach was their Achilles' heel. Tell me honestly, Rick...who do you trust more in a playoff series: Popovich or Del Negro? The way SA is atill winning games without Tony Parker shows that they are not only well-coached, but just as deep as the Clippers.

Whether it is Clippers-Thunder or Clippers-Spurs, it will be a battle, and every intangible counts in a closely-contested series. Superiority of the coaching staff will play a role.

Here is another concern for the Clippers. Besides being swept by OKC, they have suffered HUGE, BLOWOUT LOSSES against the Spurs and the Heat. The Clippers love to run and throw lob passes and dunk. History has shown that, Magic's Lakers aside, in the playoffs the game slows down and tightens up and teams have to slug it out in a half-court offense.

Again, this is an area where coaching comes into play...the ability to scheme and make adjustments on-the-fly. This is what will make-or-break the Clippers season: Del Negro's ability to coach when it matters most.

WE'RE #8! WE'RE #8! WOOHOO! :cheer:

Make up your mind, dude...is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?"

Months ago I said the Clippers coach was their Achilles' heel. Tell me honestly, Rick...who do you trust more in a playoff series: Popovich or Del Negro? The way SA is atill winning games without Tony Parker shows that they are not only well-coached, but just as deep as the Clippers.

Whether it is Clippers-Thunder or Clippers-Spurs, it will be a battle, and every intangible counts in a closely-contested series. Superiority of the coaching staff will play a role.

Here is another concern for the Clippers. Besides being swept by OKC, they have suffered HUGE, BLOWOUT LOSSES against the Spurs and the Heat. The Clippers love to run and throw lob passes and dunk. History has shown that, Magic's Lakers aside, in the playoffs the game slows down and tightens up and teams have to slug it out in a half-court offense.

Again, this is an area where coaching comes into play...the ability to scheme and make adjustments on-the-fly. This is what will make-or-break the Clippers season: Del Negro's ability to coach when it matters most.

i wont deny Popovich is the better coach. But the Clippers have so much talent they can over come it. Crawford will be back and he is an important piece. Do not forget when they lost to those teams you mention they were not at 100 percent. Chris Pual missed some of those games and they did in fact beat the hell out of San Antonio earlier. The last loss to OKC was gift wrapped by the officials with a minute left a lousy call on Blake that was a basket that should have counted. It was a game killer . I say the Clippers can beat either of them in a series, but I fear San Antonio more. Because of their coaching. The Clippers have the best back court in the NBA with CP and Billips. They guys they can pull off the bench are just nuts. I dont know how they were able to afford to put such a team together. If they are healthy, they are going to be heard from. A Heat vs Clippers finals is my pick.

Has anyone noticed how good Portland is playing lately? Nuts. Good enough for me to bet them vs Memphis who has played horribly since trading Gay

Damn, the Bobcats killed the Celtics. Can't say I saw that coming, but I guess every contender has a bad loss like that on their record. It wasn't that long ago that the Wizards beat the Heat.

Go see the number the T Wolves are doing on San Antonio. It was a great play because you just knew after the emotional win over OKC last night they would be in for a huge let down. One of those "We dont care" games

Well Mr Caruthers, my service thinks the 76ers will cover the spread tonight? No Bynum and it does not look like he will play this year at all? But they played well in last game after the stinker they played before? My only guess is he expects the Heat to take a night off. And teams do that. Last night Charlotte hammered Boston. Minnesota hammered San Anton and I had a feeling it would happen after the emotional win over OKC. That is always something to look for. After a big win, teams usually do not show up the next night against an inferiour opponent.

Well, if the Heat were going to have a hiccup, you think it would've been last night coming off that big win against Indiana Sunday. I would say taking the Sixers is a sucker's bet, but then again I'm not a gambler. :P Trust in Lebron and Wade would be my advice. B)

Not saying they will win outright. And neither are they. They are only saying take the points. But Jimmy the Greek once said something I believe in. "Never take an underdog unless you think they have a chance to win the game outright." I was taught by a wise man years back to stay away from those big spread double digit games. Back door covers can kill you. I love Milwaukee tonight minus 1 at Washington. I do not understand that line. Maybe ill understand it more once the bookies sink their teeth into me? LOL.

9128082-large.jpg

^^^

Well Rick, Philly did cover against Miami and almost beat the Heat. Did you bite or pass?

Bad loss for the Lakers last night. Not just losing to Atlanta but losing Kobe to an ankle injury.

^^^

Well Rick, Philly did cover against Miami and almost beat the Heat. Did you bite or pass?

Bad loss for the Lakers last night. Not just losing to Atlanta but losing Kobe to an ankle injury.

I bit. But I parlayed them with your Lakers.

Well there are two different opinions on the Heat game tonight. One guy likes them and the other, a far more respected handicapper for decades by the name of Jim Feist, is picking the Bucks to cover. Ill go one better and think an upset could occur. They are due to lose a game. I do not see them catching the Lakers invincible 33 game mark of 1971 with Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West and Gail Goodrich. Not if they must go to San Anton expecially. Ill take a shot the Bucks catch them napping tonight.

I'm thinking if anybody could stop the streak, it would be the Monday game at Boston. The Celtics are a tough out even without Rondo & as I've said before, I'm glad Miami will avoid those fuckers in the first round.

Do not agree. Think Indiana, Milwaukee are both more dangerous. You may see tonight

OK, now that the Heat have won 21 in a row I felt it was time to look at the schedule and see if the mighty Lakers team of 1971 could be caught with their seemingly insurmountable 33 wins in a row. One of the great streaks in all of sports. I see a game 9 games from now should they survive this run on March 31st at San Antonio. Popovich is old enough to remember that great Lakers team and I am sure he will do his best to keep that record intact. Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Jim McMillan, and I could be wrong but I believe Elgin Baylor may have been the 5th man? They were my favorite team in those days. West and Barry my favorite players to this day along with Ernie DiGreggorio of the old Buffalo Braves. No, I just remember, Happy Hairston was the 5th starter on that great Lakers team. But I believe Baylor was still there?

Here is to the Miami Heat getting fucking waxed before they hit 33.

OK, now that the Heat have won 21 in a row I felt it was time to look at the schedule and see if the mighty Lakers team of 1971 could be caught with their seemingly insurmountable 33 wins in a row. One of the great streaks in all of sports. I see a game 9 games from now should they survive this run on March 31st at San Antonio. Popovich is old enough to remember that great Lakers team and I am sure he will do his best to keep that record intact. Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Jim McMillan, and I could be wrong but I believe Elgin Baylor may have been the 5th man? They were my favorite team in those days. West and Barry my favorite players to this day along with Ernie DiGreggorio of the old Buffalo Braves. No, I just remember, Happy Hairston was the 5th starter on that great Lakers team. But I believe Baylor was still there?

Here is to the Miami Heat getting fucking waxed before they hit 33.

Elgin Baylor retired during the early part of the 1971-72 season. In fact, I think the Lakers' 33-game streak began the game after Baylor retired.

Rick, there's another Laker legend who was part of that 71-72 team...Pat Riley. Even more coincidence is that Phil Jackson was on the NY Knickerbockers teams in those days, too. So Riley and Jackson tussled on the court as players before dueling on the sidelines as coaches.

I don't want Kobe playing any of these games while he is hurt. Glad they took him out tonight after only 12 minutes, but that's still 12 minutes too many. Sit your ass down Kobe Bean and get healthy. Indiana has been playing tough so it was a good sign to see the Lakers beat them without Kobe on the road.

Archived