NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

Haven't seen the highlights yet, but the Clippers domination of the Lakers continues & they lock up their first Pacific Division crown. Congrats Rick.

I would rather they were still the Buffalo Braves. But I am hoping they get out of the West. OKC is not that deep. Memphis has slipped big time since that trade. San Antonio has shown their age. To me the Clippers are the deepest in the West. And the best in the West. How about those T Wolves. I like them. They have been playig well of late. Houston could be a dangerous team. They may not be deep enough but are no pushover. I am not sold on Denver and their ability to beat the big boys, yet this is a good team.

There's hope in Laker land. The Lake show is sitting a 1/2 game up on Utah for that coveted 8th spot in the Western Conference. Even if the Lakers squeak in, who will be waiting for them in the 1st round, the Spurs or the Thunder?!? Doesn't look too good for LA.

There's hope in Laker land. The Lake show is sitting a 1/2 game up on Utah for that coveted 8th spot in the Western Conference. Even if the Lakers squeak in, who will be waiting for them in the 1st round, the Spurs or the Thunder?!? Doesn't look too good for LA.

Hope? What hope...hope is dead in Lakerland!

A dismal year for my sports teams continues...Raiders and USC football failures, the Angels stinking it up so far...and now Kobe is out for the year. So even if they make the playoffs, they're toast against OKC or San Antonio without Kobe.

When do the Stanley Cup playoffs begin?

Hmmm, the initial report I heard on Kobe was 6 to 9 months. I hope it's not a career-ender, that would really suck! maybe SportsCenter will have some news on Kobe.

And as far as the Heat go, there's that team in New York that scares me a little bit as far as facing them in a 7 game series, hopefully it won't come to that.

Well, Utah lost which means the Lakers are in the playoffs. Now it's all a matter of seeding as I think the Lakeshow can move up to #7 with a win tonight. For all the good it will do when they get hammered by OKC or the Spurs, but hey at least they are in. :D

They are in all right. In to be embarrassed. San Anton will make short work of them. Indiana and Atlanta will be maybe the biggest tossup? I can see a very slight possibility of Houston upsetting OKC. You may think that is nuts but Houston has played well. Its unlikely but I say they do not get swept. The Knicks should beat Boston. I am going to take Indiana over Atlanta. Actually Chicago and Brookyn may be the toughest to predict and read? I am clueless on that one. I like the Clippers. Memphis has not been as good since the trade of Gay. i believe Golden St has a shot vs Denver. We shall see. What do you think Paul? Oh, of course the Heat will roll the Bucks.

The playoffs are here! Finally.... :hurrah:

Here are my picks:

Eastern Conference

Miami over Milwaukee in 5: I actually expect this to be over in 4, but I'm going to give the Bucks one game. Why, I don't know but something tells me there won't be a sweep.

Boston over New York in 7: I'm picking with my heart instead of my head on this one, but I don't want any part of the Knicks in a 7 game series with the Heat. Hoping those old legs of the Celtics will find new life in this series.

Indiana over Atlanta in 6

Brooklyn over Chicago in 7

Western Conference

OKC over Houston in 5

San Antonio over Lakers in 5

Denver over Golden State in 7

Clippers over Memphis in 6

Let's get ready to rumble....

basketball-basketball-sports-espn-smiley

The playoffs are here! Finally.... :hurrah:

Here are my picks:

Eastern Conference

Miami over Milwaukee in 5: I actually expect this to be over in 4, but I'm going to give the Bucks one game. Why, I don't know but something tells me there won't be a sweep.

Boston over New York in 7: I'm picking with my heart instead of my head on this one, but I don't want any part of the Knicks in a 7 game series with the Heat. Hoping those old legs of the Celtics will find new life in this series.

Indiana over Atlanta in 6

Brooklyn over Chicago in 7

Western Conference

OKC over Houston in 5

San Antonio over Lakers in 5

Denver over Golden State in 7

Clippers over Memphis in 6

Let's get ready to rumble....

basketball-basketball-sports-espn-smiley

I have to agree with your pics. And like you, I feel Golden St could be dangerous in that series. I would not be surprised to see Golden St pull the upset. Or the Bulls. Though i think the Brooklyn /Chic series is pretty much a pick

Here are my picks Paul and any others that wish to join:

East

Miami in 4 over Milwaukee

Indiana in 6 over Atlanta

NY Knicks in 5 over Boston

Chicago in 6 over Brooklyn

West

San Antonio over the Lakers in 6

OKC over Houston in 7

Golden St over Denver in 7

LA Clippers over Memphis in 5

Since I am not certain of the next round if I am correct, who plays who IE, I will wait.

Playoffs? Oh yeah...I had forgotten all about them. Haven't even looked at the sports page or ESPN since Monday. Not that it matters...with Kobe out, Lakers haven't a chance.

I guess we'll see now if the Clippers can get it together in the playoffs. Miami vs. Oklahoma or San Antonio seems more likely.

My enthusiasm is dimmed though this year. Doubt I will watch any games ths weekend.

Playoffs? Oh yeah...I had forgotten all about them. Haven't even looked at the sports page or ESPN since Monday. Not that it matters...with Kobe out, Lakers haven't a chance.

I guess we'll see now if the Clippers can get it together in the playoffs. Miami vs. Oklahoma or San Antonio seems more likely.

My enthusiasm is dimmed though this year. Doubt I will watch any games ths weekend.

San Antonio has NO CHANCE. They lost 7 of last 10, Parker is questionable, they are banged up and old. The Lakers could upset them and I am leaning towards changing my pick. The Lakers will put up a better fight than people think. If San Anton wins, toast in round two. Gauranteed.

Gawd, the Heat are pissing me off! They've had multiple chances to put this game away & they can't do it, letting the Bucks get too many offensive rebounds, turnovers, can't knock down open shots! I don't know how many good looks the Heat have had from the 3 point line & can't knock it down. We should be murdering these bums!

smiley-angry013.gif

Archived