NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

Paul, the Lakers have NO shot at making the playoffs now...they would virtually have to run the table.

D'Antoni has never been comfortable having big guys on a team...his system is for a small, fast run n gun type team. Now he's coaching a team with Howard, Gasol and Artest and he doesn't know what to do with them. Hell, Nash and Howard are even having difficulties running pick n roll plays...and THAT should be a given.

D'Antoni has almost single-handedly destroyed Gasol's trade value and Howard's isn't so hot, either.

This entire disaster can be laid at the feet of Jim Buss. All because of his jealousy of his sister, Jeannie.

somewhere, Phil Jackson is laughing

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/magic-johnson-michael-jordan-lebron/174817

I saw this listing of the top 10 NBA players of all time..

Good thing I wrote them down because I can't find the link right now and I'm getting politely nagged to get moving to go out to Dinner... (Happy Valentine's Day by the way)

10 Duncan

9 Shaq

8 Kobe

7 Oscar Robertson

6 Wilt

5 Bird

4 Kareem

3 Russell

2 Magic

1 Michael Jordan

I would swap Magic and Russell

and Kareem and Bird... but other than that, it looks about right to me... and no Isiah...

Heat looking mighty good in Oklahoma City tonight. :cheer:

Oh, and Rick, Charles Barkley doesn't believe in your Clippers come the postseason. Thoughts?

Charles Barclay is funny to watch but he is not as knowledgable as a guy like Hubie Brown. Or Steohen Smith of ESPN who says they are a prime contender. I do not see how anyone can pick anyone but the Clippers to come out of the West. They went in and spanked the big bad Lakers by 24 now that they have it together again. And they will do the same to all comers in the West. The only team that really scares me is San Antonio. Because they are deep also and well coached

ps I like the West tomorrow

Personally speaking, I could care less about the All-Star game or any of the festivities surrounding it. Slam Dunk Contest, to me is just about as useless as the Home Run Derby. Can't wait for the regular season to start back up, even though it seems like forever until the playoffs get here. Maybe every season should be 66 games like last year, oh well.

Personally speaking, I could care less about the All-Star game or any of the festivities surrounding it. Slam Dunk Contest, to me is just about as useless as the Home Run Derby. Can't wait for the regular season to start back up, even though it seems like forever until the playoffs get here. Maybe every season should be 66 games like last year, oh well.

Well hockey is giving us a taste of what a shortened season will be like. I think its unlikely Wade will play as he was hurting. So I love the West.

Had the West and under. The O/U was 294!!! Can you believe that shit? I checked the free play at Dons best and they liked it under. It went under easily. Even with the garbage backyard ball they played. They were pumping shots from five feet behind the perimiter with a man on them. What a joke. Some dunks and ally oop attempts failed miserably. Missed layups. Dwight Howard, what a lazy fucker he can be. Wonder why the Lakers are where they are. He just stands around

A sad, sad, day today. Gutted when I got home and heard the news. Going to have to let the news sink in before I post any comment. All I will say for now is BEST. SPORTS. OWNER. IN. LA. EVER. Maybe even the best sports owner period over the last 33 years...and yes, that includes Steinbrenner and the Manchester United group.

:boohoo:

A sad, sad, day today. Gutted when I got home and heard the news. Going to have to let the news sink in before I post any comment. All I will say for now is BEST. SPORTS. OWNER. IN. LA. EVER. Maybe even the best sports owner period over the last 33 years...and yes, that includes Steinbrenner and the Manchester United group.

:boohoo:

Yes, very sad news about Jerry Buss. May he RIP

A sad, sad, day today. Gutted when I got home and heard the news. Going to have to let the news sink in before I post any comment.

:console:

The Lakers are a team I love to hate but have the utmost respect for. I am sure hearts are heavy around the league....hell, around the sports world.

After that ass whoopin' the Pacers put on the Knicks last night, maybe I should start worrying about Indiana as the team that could topple the Heat in the playoffs. They've already gotten us twice this year, although those 2 games were in Indiana.

Clippers got the Spurs tonight. Should be a fun game to stay up and watch after the Heat beat up the Bulls.

Seems like everything the Spurs are throwing up is going in. The Clips can't keep up...

Nice win by Golden St. Granted the Spurs are tired. We will see if the Clippers can keep up when the real money is on the line. You know damn well they are going to be in the mix. Chris Paul is not going to burn himself out on games that don't matter. If Popovich thinks every game is game 7 of the NBA finals then let him play the schedule that way with his old ass lineup. He does have a good bench and their organization has been remarkable at keeping talent deep in the lineup. Maybe you better watch out for them too. When do they play the beach boys from South Beach?

^^ The Heat play the Spurs again March 31st in San Antonio. I think that will be a real test of how good the Heat really are given all the controversy surrounding that first game when the Spurs played the Heat and rested all their starters & Miami barely squeaked out a win that time. I can only imagine how tough the Spurs will be with Parker, Duncan, Giniboli and Splitter in the lineup.

That's why I'm hoping somebody knocks off the Spurs in the playoffs, whether it be OKC, Memphis or even the Clippers. The Spurs might be the one team from the West who would make me sweat.

Nice win by Golden St. Granted the Spurs are tired. We will see if the Clippers can keep up when the real money is on the line. You know damn well they are going to be in the mix. Chris Paul is not going to burn himself out on games that don't matter. If Popovich thinks every game is game 7 of the NBA finals then let him play the schedule that way with his old ass lineup. He does have a good bench and their organization has been remarkable at keeping talent deep in the lineup. Maybe you better watch out for them too. When do they play the beach boys from South Beach?

Rick, you continually boggle my mind. You have posted here repeatedly complaining about Popovich resting his starters and keeping them out of games. I believe you even bet on an earlier Spurs game this season, only to find out that Popovich had sent the starters ahead to the next city, playing the bench instead.

So, given all the evidence of not only this season but in years prior, I think it is fairly obvious that Popovich DOES NOT approach every game like it is Game 7. Trust me, his Spurs will be well-rested come the playoffs.

I don't think the Clippers want to face the Spurs in the playoffs. They're hoping somebody knocks off the Spurs in the first round...maybe the Lakers?

Yes, I cannot believe I said that...but the Lakers look like they are starting to play up to their potential. The problem is is this too little too late?

Strider, I am having a tough time figuring this new format out, but anyway, I believe the Lakers will catch Utah. Utah is ripe for the picking. I like this Golden State team too. I have always liked them since the days of Rick Barry who I loved. The Clippers fear nobody. And they will beat all comers. San Antonio is tough as hell, Ill give you that. Better than OKC. Deeper than OKC. But not as deep on experience on the bench as the Clippers. Chris Paul can be the difference maker. In the East I now believe the stiffest challengers to Miami are in order Indiana and Milwaukee. The Knicks are too up and down. But Indiana is tough as hell. If anyone in the East can pull the upset, they are the ones. Man, I bet Memphis and thought I was dead. My service gave me Sacramento and Detroit and i won. Now I have Memphis and Atlanta. I have Atlanta all over the place. Even with the Flyers who are a winner. Memphis was getting killed and they started the second half 18-0!!!!! Man. Carllysle must be having a heart attack

Rick, you continually boggle my mind. You have posted here repeatedly complaining about Popovich resting his starters and keeping them out of games. I believe you even bet on an earlier Spurs game this season, only to find out that Popovich had sent the starters ahead to the next city, playing the bench instead.

So, given all the evidence of not only this season but in years prior, I think it is fairly obvious that Popovich DOES NOT approach every game like it is Game 7. Trust me, his Spurs will be well-rested come the playoffs.

I don't think the Clippers want to face the Spurs in the playoffs. They're hoping somebody knocks off the Spurs in the first round...maybe the Lakers?

Yes, I cannot believe I said that...but the Lakers look like they are starting to play up to their potential. The problem is is this too little too late?

If the Lakers are going to catch anybody, they're going to have to start playing much better on the road. They have a bunch of road games coming up.

If the Lakers are going to catch anybody, they're going to have to start playing much better on the road. They have a bunch of road games coming up.

Sometimes Strider they play better on the road. Tonight the Clippers are a pick at a very good Indiana team. If they dont come to play they will get beat and Ill get beat. Yes I took them at even. I think they should be respected a bit more. Indiana is good. But not clippers good

Archived